Alex's 95 DC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by styleofhabit View Post
    Damn those D brackets for your ASR look awesome, I ordered all new D brackets and bolts for my ASR and they only gave me some basic thin ones. Jelly! Car looks nice mate, gearbox must feel awesome with the quaife LSD!
    Yes the brackets are pretty killer! I just emailed them saying one fell off (which it did haha) and I needed the replacement ones with the weird style bushings. Didn't get bolts though just hit up United Fastners for the bolts. Got one allen key head bolt, they seem to be the way to go over the hex head ones.
    Being my first proper manual car I don't really notice the gearbox but people who do drive it say it's very nice! Car handles very well with it though

Comment

Bought a "Mugen" oil filler cap off of Ebay (definately not the real deal but it was from Australia so thought it would actually be decent). Received it today. Apart from the "Mugen" badge being cardboard the rest of the cap is actually really nice! Titanium black in colour (billet aluminium).

Bought some more spray paint from All Type Paints. This time metallic purple, primer, and a clear coat. Not cheap! But definitely worth the money. The difficult part is going to be the lettering. Found some high temperature black spray paint (automotive spec) in the shed, so was thinking of spraying that onto something, dipping a very, very thin paint brush into it and doing the lettering like that. Going to be a tedious process but should look the goods! Excited to see how it will turn out. Will start painting next week.

Slowing getting through the list of things to do. But when putting the car cover on yesterday it got caught on the aerial and snapped it off... Was pretty well rusted and broken anyway but still annoying. Going to source the aerial delete which seems like it will be easier and make the car look nicer

Thanks for reading!
      Last edited by Alex_Walker; 27-02-15, 04:30 PM.

Comment

So stripped the rocker cover last night. Finished it this afternoon and primed it! It's not perfect (few marks here and there) but first time actually painting something properly so I'm happy with it. It'll be purple tomorrow afternoon then clear it, let it cure for ~7 days and will be ready just in time for All Japan Day! Here's some photos so far.
        Stripped:

Primed (3 coats):

Paint that I am using:

Comment

Here is the final product! Did the colour coat (3 coats) along with the clear coat (also 3 coats) today! Stoked with how it has turned out, better than I expected.
          Photo's make the colour look a bit 'flat' but in person it has a real nice metallic shine to it

Comment

wow looks awesome! love the purple especially!

Comment

DONE!
              Replaced rocker cover gasket tonight with the brand Platinum Gaskets also replaced spark plugs with NGK Iridium IX and the leads with Eagle silicone ignition leads
              Car is in need of an oil change too so will do that on Saturday then all that is left to do is wash, polish and wax and make it look nice for Sunday

Comment

That looks mint! nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayden95 View Post
                  That looks mint! nice work.
                  Thanks mate!

Comment

Cleaned engine bay today (will chuck photos up later on). Also, washed, polished and waxed it! Was getting quite frustrated while polishing cause it kept leaving residue on some panels but managed to sort it out and once I put on and wiped off the wax it came up much better than what I expected! Very happy with the turn out. All done and ready for All Japan Day tomorrow!!

Comment

Also replaced the oil too with Penrite 10W-50

Comment

Couple of photos I took of my car today

Comment

Shiny!
                          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Bought new ASR adjustable endlinks from JDMyard the other day to replace the old ones.

Will chuck another photo up when they are on.

Comment

New vs old:

Comment

Unpacking the endlinks I found I was missing two 5mm cone spacers... That was last week and still waiting to get them...
                                Got bored, so cleaned up a few things on the car

Comment

Working...
                                X