No announcement yet.

Alex's 95 DC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3) 55.14 (overshot the corner and went onto the grass...)
    4) 40.42
    5) 39.74
    6) 39.63
    7) 49.51 (wet)
    8) 40.86 (damp)

Very happy to get into the 39s. Few things I know I can improve on for next time. I'll upload some videos later on.

Comment

Fastest run today.

Last edited by felixR; 30-10-16, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Nice work Alex.

Did it rain much at Collingrove today?
        Skibeemo.com

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh View Post
          Nice work Alex.

Did it rain much at Collingrove today?
          It rained at about 12:30 so we were on lunch break anyway. The morning was good, sunshine but very windy. We only got three runs in after lunch cause it was just intermittent rain and the track wouldn't dry haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice hill climb circuit. Well done!
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Score!

Comment

Fitting airbox
                Started to fit the standard airbox the last couple of days. I wanted to attach something that would direct air into the airbox as opposed to using the factory Honda resonator set up. Originally I was going to use scat hose but the shape of the hole in the airbox is more oval than it is round so that wasn't going to work (pictured below).

Ended up using silicone pipe which actually worked quite well. Didn't leave any gaps around the outside either which was good. Just used silicone around the outside to stop it from moving. I'm not 100% sure if it's long enough yet, the original plan was to run the piping all the way into the splash guard. However, I'm pretty happy so far with how it's progressing. Any recommendations from others?

Need a new filter as well, was going to get a K&N filter but for $200 I think I'll use that money for other things... So will get a basic Ryco filter.

The pipe attaching to the throttle body had a little pipe attached to the bottom as well. Removed that and plugged the hole with a little blanking plug from Clark Rubber which fitted the hole perfectly.

Next on the list is a baffled catch can. Now I'm not too sure about this just yet, I just don't like the idea of oil particles going back through the intake... Open to opinions on this as it seems to be quite a debated topic. I was looking at a Mishimoto compact 2 port baffled catch can.

Anyway, hope to get the new filter tomorrow so I can finish off the airbox. It's a nice feeling being able to do things to the car that I want to do instead of things breaking etc and having to replace them... Hopefully more things to come

Comment

Some more progress:

New filter.

Done.

Have since pulled it out because the silicone didn't hold the tube in the airbox strong enough, so it pretty much fell out... Going to get a larger diameter tube which hopefully will fit over the airbox hole instead of through it, so that way I can use a hose clamp. Then attach the current pipe to the new one so it sits down in the splash guard.

Comment

Good work with the airbox Alex. Where did you end up sourcing it from?
                    Skibeemo.com

Comment

Found some guy wrecking a 95 DC2 on SA Honda Club. Offered him $50 for all of it and he said yep no worries, so yeah haha

Comment

this is my setup for an idea, I just used cheap PVC downpipe and a heat gun to form it to the airbox profile. I pressed the tubing in from the top then heated and flared the edges, it can only be removed by pulling it out the top and is secured at the bottom using the factory resonator mounting hole. The downpipe is thin walled and easy to work, the cross sectional area is much larger than the stock pipe and resonator. It needs a better 90deg bend at the bottom since the PVC ones have a sharp edge on the inner radius, it would be better with a smooth bend but I haven't got around to finding one, this was always going to be temporary until redoing the whole intake but it has been there for quite a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by RC_dc2 View Post
                          this is my setup for an idea, I just used cheap PVC downpipe and a heat gun to form it to the airbox profile. I pressed the tubing in from the top then heated and flared the edges, it can only be removed by pulling it out the top and is secured at the bottom using the factory resonator mounting hole. The downpipe is thin walled and easy to work, the cross sectional area is much larger than the stock pipe and resonator. It needs a better 90deg bend at the bottom since the PVC ones have a sharp edge on the inner radius, it would be better with a smooth bend but I haven't got around to finding one, this was always going to be temporary until redoing the whole intake but it has been there for quite a while now.

Oh yeah thanks man that looks great! I'll see how I go with the silicone piping but if that doesn't work yours seems like the way to go

Comment

Delivery:

Hopefully get the airbox sorted today. Then move onto installing the catch can. Then I can start looking towards new brake pads and tyres for any first track day in a couple of months

Comment

Sikaflex seems to have worked... I've used way too much but seems like it'll hold nicely. Going to let it dry properly overnight and hopefully fit it tomorrow morning

Seems like the best place to mount the catch can.

Comment

And it's in!

Comment

Working...
                                X