Alex's 95 DC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex's 95 DC2

Hey guys! This is my 95 VTI-R. First Honda, only bought it a few weeks ago!
    Modifications:
    Quaife LSD
    Volk Racing CV Pro rims
    DC Sports header + X-Force cat back + pod filter
    King Springs
    Skunk2 front + Hardrace rear camber kits
    Front + rear strut braces
    OBX rear sub frame + 24mm sway bar

Here's some photos:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Engine needs a good clean + could do with repainting the rocker cover
    [IMG][/IMG]

I'll chuck up a few more photos once I get the sway bar mounts sorted out... At the moment it's just sitting out in the back yard...

Alex.

Welcome !, Nice, interested to see what plans you have for this car
    sigpic

Comment

No drastic plans or anything like that (famous last words... haha). Just want to tidy it up a bit, there's a few small scratches + dents on the body which would be good to try and get rid of

Comment

Also have Hasport engine mounts

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_Walker View Post
          No drastic plans or anything like that (famous last words... haha). Just want to tidy it up a bit, there's a few small scratches + dents on the body which would be good to try and get rid of
          Sure, Nice, cleaning up the car makes a hell of a difference ! Make sure you post methods etc and I have been behind a buffer for over 6 years so if u need any help, shoot me a pm
          sigpic

Comment

Hope you find those brackets!
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Finally heard back from ASR. Hopefully have them ordered on Monday... Painful just seeing my car sit in the driveway... Noticed I had a flat the other day. Took it down to get repaired to be shown a dodgey weld on the inside of the rim (think previous owner must have hit something and attempted to fix it..). So now that's at the wheel repairer so hopefully if all things go well, I should have it driving around by the end of next week or early week after!

Comment

Few more photos:

Comment

Comment

After many weeks of my car sitting in the driveway I finally got in contact with ASR a few weeks ago and they sent me out some replacement sway bar brackets + bushes! Arrived yesterday, and discovered upon screwing the bolts into the subframe, one hole was threaded... Fixed that and now my car is finally up and running again!

Comment

Been very quiet for the last couple of months! Replaced all the front end bushes about a month ago + ball joints (ended up taking a lot longer than expected, major hassle!). Ordered replacement Skunk2 pro series ball joints from JDM Accessories.

Will be regularly updating this page from now on since I have entered the Adelaide All Japan Day and have a quite a bit of work to do from now until March 15th to get the car looking respectable! Haha
                      Kick things off with repainting the front strut bar and the rocker cover! Have decided to paint the rocker cover metallic purple with black writing and the strut bar a metallic black. Have primed the strut bar and will start spraying it the actual colour tomorrow! Still trying to source a temporary rocker cover so I can still drive the car while it is being painted, but no luck yet! So going to have to put that aside for a while...

The rest of my 'to do' list includes:
                      Replace rear end bushes
                      Paint battery clamp
                      Tidy up engine bay + replace some hoses etc (make it look nice!)
                      Replacement oil cap - something fancy
                      Replace pod filter
                      Fix radio aerial
                      Give the car a good polish!

Will keep it updated with pictures (especially with how I go about painting the rocker cover - seems like a common thing people enquire about).

Comment

Excited to see how this turns out mate!

Comment

Right sprayed the strut bar with the metallic black paint today. Actually stoked how it has turned out so far. Once it dries properly I'll chuck up a couple more photos!

Have primed the battery clamp. Will spray it the same metallic black as the strut bar tomorrow.

Comment

Put all the painted pieces back on the car this afternoon. Strut bar looks killer! (for $32 a can it better! - looks better in person + in sunlight).
                            All that's left to be painted is the rocker cover, so will get onto that soon-ish.

Comment

Damn those D brackets for your ASR look awesome, I ordered all new D brackets and bolts for my ASR and they only gave me some basic thin ones. Jelly! Car looks nice mate, gearbox must feel awesome with the quaife LSD!

Comment

Working...
                              X