Honda CR-Z Goes Supercharged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda CR-Z Goes Supercharged

The Honda CR-Z is now available with a new supercharger kit and accessories - but only in the US market, and only for manual-equipped cars.

Honda Performance Development (HPD) will offer the kit for 2013 and 2014 models as a dealer-fitted option, which addresses one of the hybrid sports car’s major shortcomings: power.

In its standard form, the CR-Z's combined 1.5 litre petrol-electric powertrain is good for 100kW and 190Nm, matched with either a six-speed manual or a ‘seven-speed’ CVT auto.

But, adding the supercharger boosts output to a properly hot 147kW and 239Nm.

As enthusiasts demand, only the manual is available with the blown treatment, and HPD offers an upgraded clutch as a further add-on (but says it isn’t necessary).

The kit also includes a HPD air-to-air intercooler, high-flow fuel injectors, an ECU calibrated to meet emissions regulations with 91 octane fuel and the HPD air filter system.

Buyers can also add HPD sport dampers, coil springs with reduced ride height, 300mm disc brakes and HPD 18-inch wheels fitted with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres.

A graphics package complete with HPD badge is also available. The supercharger kit alone is priced from US$5495 (AU$5898) plus fitting, and Honda says the kit won’t affect the car’s five-year / 60,000 mile (96,000km) US warranty.

Last month, Honda sold 34 CR-Zs on the Australian market, comparing favourably with the Kia Pro_Cee’d GT and Nissan 370Z but miles behind the Toyota 86 (493 sales) and Hyundai Veloster (381 sales) in its class.

No doubt Honda will be watching sales of HPD’s supercharger kit with a view to considering it as an ‘official’ model in the CR-Z range.

Source: The Motor Report
    ClubITR | Like

Definitely a very exciting daily opportunity

I wonder how the sales of the 370 were, that's interesting considering the amount I see on the road vs CRZ.

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
      I wonder how the sales of the 370 were, that's interesting considering the amount I see on the road vs CRZ.
      So true. Definitely see more 370Z than CR-Z.
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

A little video from Honda.

ClubITR | Like

Comment

Wow, that video is so cool. Makes you want to get one!

Comment

They going be released in Aus or no?

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
              They going be released in Aus or no?
              Within the first sentence, it says "The Honda CR-Z is now available with a new supercharger kit and accessories - but only in the US market, and only for manual-equipped cars."

Only for US it seems. Would suck, but I'd rather the Civic Turbo than a Hybrid Supercharged.

Comment

Working...
              X