No announcement yet.

DC5R O2 Sensor Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the confirmation on that... Just hoping to get the engine light cleared... I'll probably just go to another mechanic to see if the same codes come up.. Then for sure I'll know I bought the wrong one...

Comment

anybody know a place in Melbourne with a capable mechanic that could check this for me?

Comment

Try give Zeds Automotive a call.
        1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Peachy View Post
          anybody know a place in Melbourne with a capable mechanic that could check this for me?
          If you are located in S.E suburbs, we can look after you
          Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
          Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
          Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
          Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

After the new primary 02 sensor was put in by the guy who did my exhaust the cell light still came on. I got a service done on the weekend and the mechanic tried to get my cell light cleared - still came up with the same codes which say to replace the primary 02 sensor. He advised me to also change the Post cat sensor as well??
            So does anyone know what the denso part number for a base auto model dc5 for post cat 02 sensor? I think I will just buy the post cat sensor as well and take the risk even though the primary codes are coming up. This may fix the issue....
            What are your thoughts on this?

Comment

Originally posted by dc5maria View Post
              After the new primary 02 sensor was put in by the guy who did my exhaust the cell light still came on. I got a service done on the weekend and the mechanic tried to get my cell light cleared - still came up with the same codes which say to replace the primary 02 sensor. He advised me to also change the Post cat sensor as well??
              So does anyone know what the denso part number for a base auto model dc5 for post cat 02 sensor? I think I will just buy the post cat sensor as well and take the risk even though the primary codes are coming up. This may fix the issue....
              What are your thoughts on this?
              Denso#: 234-4122. OEM#: 36532-PND-A01.
              When I had an issue with my secondary sensor, it also read the primary one as well. I wouldn't put it past it being the secondary, but in a these car's all it does is read emissions, it doesn't alter anything to my knowledge.
              What is fuel economy like?
              FD3S Questions? Pm me.

Comment

Thanks for that. Yeah I will get the secondary sensor put in too. My fuel consumption is a lot more better ever since I replaced the primary 02 sensor. I just want to clear the light. Thanks for your help - did you purchase the denso one or the OEM one?

Comment

Originally posted by dc5maria View Post
                  Thanks for that. Yeah I will get the secondary sensor put in too. My fuel consumption is a lot more better ever since I replaced the primary 02 sensor. I just want to clear the light. Thanks for your help - did you purchase the denso one or the OEM one?
                  Denso=OEM. Purchase denso because it won't suffer from the Honda markup. Hopefully it all works out in the end
                  FD3S Questions? Pm me.

Comment

Working...
                  X