X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Car Talk

Discuss all things non-Honda.

eg, new cars, new car technology, random feedback on driving non-Hondas, etc.
    ClubITR | Like

add 'non-honda' to title?
    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
      add 'non-honda' to title?
      Yes that might be a good idea
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

So Lamborghini's are cool
        Hyundai Excel's are not
        /endthread

Just kidding, looking forward to some quality banter

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

How interesting is this..

Status Update
          By Prestige Motorsport

R35 GTR for $47,900. Race import only for now... but maybe... just maybe...

http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au...ar.php?id=2219

Our recent posts about this model have sparked a considerable number of questions, so here is a bit more information. The R35 can't be imported to Aust as a normal road car as Nissan obtained full volume approval to sell them here new (blocking them for import under SEVS which was their intention). This has enabled Nissan Aust to sell them for $170K+.

New prices are considerably lower in other countries without the restrictive barriers to trade we are subjected to. In Japan where these have now had 6 years to depreciate, you can see how little they can cost.

The silver 2008 GTR above (62,000 kms, grade 4.5 B, clean and tidy) sold at auction for $36,400 yesterday. Allowing for all importing costs including our fee, the total landed price would be approx. $47,900 to most Aust States at the current ex rate.

The Govt is currently considering changes to the import regulations which could allow us access to the R35 and other models. We would expect compliance for these to be $3K to $4K initially, if it were available. That would put this example at about $52,000 complied, plus tyres and ORC's, making it the most affordable supercar ever available to the Aust market.

Here are two other examples (newer with lower kms) which sold the same day, bearing in mind there are usually 30+ of these each week to choose from:

http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au...ar.php?id=2220

http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au...ar.php?id=2221

The R35 GTR is JUST ONE of the models that would be great value for us if the import regulations change to give us the prices and choice we SHOULD have. Imagine all the European models we could access from the UK. So if you want to see this happen, make sure to have your say and strike a blow for consumer choice when the time comes to comment on the proposed changes!
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
            How interesting is this..
            Quite interesting, but I'm not sure whether the relaxation of the import rules will happen. Last year the gov called for public submissions on a proposed revision of the Motor Vehicles Standards Act (which governs all this stuff) and I read through a few of the submssions. There was a whole pile that were identical, all calling for relaxation of second hand imports, I guess someone decided to see whether force of numbers would make the feds listen. I'd like to see it happen but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

RA28 Toyota Celica. favourite car of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathannnnn View Post
                RA28 Toyota Celica. favourite car of all time.
                I'd rather an early fastback Mustang, then you get a similar look but with all the horsepower and the aftermarket support you could need; all in a car that I can comfortably fit in .

Comment

This is a fast RC car

ClubITR | Like

Comment

^ Imagine that crashing into someone's foot!

Comment

Suzuki-san's S15. Next level aero..

ClubITR | Like

Comment

Looking forward to seeing UnderSuzuki's S15 at WTAC this year. I hope he gets a podium finish!
                        1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                          I'd rather an early fastback Mustang, then you get a similar look but with all the horsepower and the aftermarket support you could need; all in a car that I can comfortably fit in .
                          American Muscle = 69 Camaro z28

Comment

WTAC open class this year will look like an air show.
                            So much development since last year for many teams. What will we see next?

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                              Suzuki-san's S15. Next level aero..
                              Haha! I saw a sneak pic of that rear diffuser somewhere on Facebook, and I was thinking, "What the hell?! That aero is whack!"

Comment

Working...
                              X