My S2000 Weekend/Track day warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11/06/2014

Couldn't hold my excitement but one of my most anticipated parts has just arrived from Japan....

A 1700mm Voltex Type 2 wing. With type B endplates and 245mm stands. Won the auction from Yahoo JPN auctions via Jesse Streeter!

So much for not modding the car too much, I think I may have over done it this time. No more mods for a while!

To put things to perspective on just how ginormous this thing is, I placed the wing on a single bed mattress... Yes it's massive.

Being serious though, judging by what I've researched and feedback from other S2000 owners a large rear wing seemed to have huge benefits for stabilizing the rear on high speed corners. Not sure if it'd help on the slower corners at Winton but will report back when I get back out there! At a track like Phillip Island this rear wing should be great with all the long sweepers.

Will take proper photos of the car once the wing is mounted on the S2000, which should be sometime later this week.
    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

This is what my comment was referring too! I was hoping it was a wing.
      We have very similar tastes with modding haha. A wing is on my to do soon list too!

Comment

damnnn dat wanggg!! nicee!!

Comment

The wing will give you benefits just about everywhere, except possibly the boobs.
          Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
          Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
          Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
          Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Dat Wang! For added benefits, mount ontop of another wing!
            1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
            1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
            2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
            F1 Nut

Comment

Well done on Monday guy, building consistency is good since it gives you a good base on which to build by varying your approach to individual sections of the track. That's a great big wang too.

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
              This guy speaks the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
                This is what my comment was referring too! I was hoping it was a wing.
                We have very similar tastes with modding haha. A wing is on my to do soon list too!
                Haha you guessed right! Gigantic wings are awesome, it seems to be a must do mod for track day enthusiast, but I will confirm that hopefully next month if all is well.

Originally posted by danielj View Post
                damnnn dat wanggg!! nicee!!
                Thanks Deejay!

Originally posted by sleepingperformance View Post
                The wing will give you benefits just about everywhere, except possibly the boobs.
                Thanks for your input mate. Hoping this is the case.

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
                Sorry Napo, I do not own an EP3 anymore and not sure if a wing on wing with be applicable for the Honda two thousand.

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                Well done on Monday guy, building consistency is good since it gives you a good base on which to build by varying your approach to individual sections of the track. That's a great big wang too.

This guy speaks the truth.
                Thanks Tom, hopefully I can learn from my mistakes from this track day and build upon it. This great big giant wang will hopefully give me the confidence I want to break into the low 40's or so.

Comment

This thread needs photos with a giant wang! Seeing it the other night makes me want a red S2000.

Comment

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
                    This thread needs photos with a giant wang! Seeing it the other night makes me want a red S2000.
                    Thanks mate. Red S2000's are alright.

Handling Modifications and stuff update.

Whiteline FSB
                    Finally purchased a front sway bar for the s2000. Decided to go with a 32mm solid Whiteline front anti roll bar as it was the best value compared to the Eibach bar, however the Whiteline is not adjustable. This should make the car more stable with less oversteer at the track. The stock 99 AP1 front sway bar I believe is 28mm and is hollow. So the whiteline should be ALOT stiffer. This is apparently a highly recommended modification when going for the 255 non staggered setup, I will have to see on the next track day on how it goes.

1700mm type 2 VOLTEX Wing
                    It's been on for a while but haven't been bothered to update the thread. It gets A LOT of attention, good and bad. This should provide heaps of rear end downforce that the S2000 needs.

With the addition of these two modifications it should make the car considerably more stable at the track, making it safer to drive at my limit which is my favourite point as I'd really like to avoid binning this car.

I will try to avoid buying performance modifications for the car, until I'm happy lap time I get with the car as is, as right now it is very capable of churning out some decent laps.

Mugen ball Gearknob
                    Wanted to replace the old s2000 gearknob as the paint was flaking off. Got this as a present which was awesome. Shifting is actually nicer with this gearknob.

Hear are some photo's, I am using a new camera and still a bit new with adjusting the aperture and shutter speed, etc. So tips and tricks might be nice.

Last edited by eskimo_firefighter; 13-07-14, 06:12 PM.

Comment

So yummy and tuff

Comment

Hey man looking really good!
                        Just wondering if you could take a photo from directly behind the car so I could see the width of it

Comment

I also see you got the whiteline fsb

Comment

that is so hot wow!

Comment

Oh yezzz!

Looks great Pete, looking forward to hear how these items change the handling of the car!
                              Shak's S2000

Comment

Looking real good Pete!
                                ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...
                                X