No announcement yet.

My S2000 Weekend/Track day warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there's one thing that's been constant in my life in the last 6 years - it's been reading and enjoying this thread!
    Skibeemo.com

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh View Post
      If there's one thing that's been constant in my life in the last 6 years - it's been reading and enjoying this thread!
      Yup same!
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

What a great read. Well done.
        I hope to document the progress of my car exactly the same as yours.
        Cheers

Comment

Love this thread. Keeping the forum alive!! I occasionally check it just to see if there are any updates.

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh View Post
            Originally posted by felixR View Post
            Yup same!
            Originally posted by WPN00R View Post
            What a great read. Well done.
            I hope to document the progress of my car exactly the same as yours.
            Cheers
            Originally posted by powerrangers View Post
            Love this thread. Keeping the forum alive!! I occasionally check it just to see if there are any updates.
            Thanks all for checking in. I'm surprised that people are interested in reading my blabbering on this blog, to be honest the main reason why I keep this blog updated is for my own benefit. But I am humbled to read that you guys get some value from reading this.

2020 recap.

Given that were at the EOY and track season is basically over for me due to the summer, it's time for that obligatory recap post of the year. Despite the shortened timeframe for track time throughout the year, the S2000 managed to complete 5 track days this year. Even with the relatively low volume of track events it has been another very memorable year with this car, great memories, learnings and adventures. It's been almost 7 years of ownership with this car and it is still producing the goods!

I had carried over that momentum from 2019 until early this year, unfortunately the momentum was halted due to the Vic coronavirus lockdown, which had totally shifted my focus onto other things.

I am proud of what has been achieved this year, namely the 1:27 at Winton which felt euphoric. The return to NSW to finish what I had started in 2019 with completing a double track bender at Sydney Motorsport Park and Wakefield was immensely satisfying and a major highlight.

I've probably stated this in a previous post, but looking back and reading this blog from time to time it brings me joy to see how far this car has come, seeing the progression, the improvements to my driving, mind-set and learnings from this hobby of which I've applied to other aspects of life/hobbies. But also to really appreciate on how lucky I've been on this journey. Even the writing has gotten less bad overtime, haha.

PB's of 2020.

Winton - 1:27.98.
            Wakefield - 1:03.7
            Broadford - 62.0
            SMSP - 1:42.4

Feeling quite fulfilled with what's been achieved with this car after almost 7 years of enjoyment, there has been somewhat of a shift of focus with the S2000 of which might be sitting on the bench for the time being while I focus on other goals.

Track posts for 2021 might be non-existent, who knows. I do want to freshen the car up a bit in 2021 as it is a little rough around the edges. Of course I still want to drive the S2000 more on the road as a car of this type should never be stuck in the garage.

I still want that 1:42 at the Island though, that would be nice.

Actually maybe we'll sneak in a cheeky day or so next year.
            1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

It's been an interesting read, i'm looking forward to further updates. It sure beats reading all the crap on Facebook groups nowadays!

Comment

Thanks mate! Much appreciated. I got to agree with you on that notion with FB groups, haha.

Throwback Post - Skibeemo Feature

I keep forgetting to share this post but Thanh who I met through ClubITR did a very well thought out write up on the S2000 which encapsulates my approach and history with this car. We caught up at The Bend motorsport park in 2018 and below is the result of that catch up.

https://www.skibeemo.com/the-pb-slaying-s2000/

Belated thanks for Thanh for writing a feature, it's a very well written article. I gave it a read the other day and it makes me want to re-visit The Bend again. Hopefully in 2021!

Comment

Nugget Nationals 21/01/2021 - At the track but not really on the track.

It's been a relatively quiet past few months on the S2000 but it's occasionally still driven on the roads, which is probably my favourite thing about this car. The duality of it, being enjoyable and engaging both on the track and off the track.

Attended this day just to hang out and assist with running the day. I had an opportunity to take the S2000 out on the track for a few slow laps to assist with sweeping the track, which to be honest was a tease but it gave me a different perspective of the track layout and it made me appreciate how much elevation change there is. Pretty keen to take the S2000 back here especially after our last visit here with being kicked off the track for exceeding DB limits, a solution for the exhaust will have to be thought out.

With the S2000 on track in an unfamiliar setting, I took the opportunity to take some hardparked shots. The SSR GTX01 is growing on me.

Good from afar, far from good. Especially the front end that needs a bit of TLC.

Comment

still updating the blog ! Only reason I come back here is to see if there are updates

Comment

do you have social media account to follow for your car?

Comment

Hello there!

Surprised to see some activity here! Not much has been happening but I do have an update to post some time soon.

I'm not on social media nowadays but I still intend to keep this blog updated!

Comment

Contentment and Gratitude.

It’s been a while. I wrote this blog post a while ago but hadn't gotten around to posting it, this will probably be a long winded and corny post but whatever.

The S2000 was purchased in 2014 has been a major learning tool in the development of myself as a driver and a learner. Although I’ve kept this blog pretty low key as I blogged everything mainly for my own benefit, I thought this one would be a good one to share. I’m glad that I had kept up with the blogging of this car as it had captured many great memories, learnings, successes and failures all of which I have learned greatly from.

New direction?

After 8 awesome years with this car, I decided it’s a good time for the S2000 to take a step back from the racetrack, not because of the advent of ever rising value of these cars but simply down to that I am simply content with what has been achieved over the years and it is time for a change, a new challenge. With that it’s finally time to rid of nearly 8 years worth of track patina, caused by 40+ track days and 65,000+ kms worth of admittedly extremely abusive driving. None of which I regret.

Glad that I had taken the approach that I did as everything is revertible, It’s now all about cleaning the car up and refining it to be a nice street car that occasionally goes to the track.

Starting off this journey with the S2000 fresh from binning a D-series powered Civic into an embankment at Haunted Hills (lol), I wasn’t the most of confident of drivers. With a lot of persistence and learnings along the way we managed to achieve some pretty cool things that I am proud of and with that it has now given great confidence as a driver but also the confidence to learn and do what ever I aim to achieve.

Grateful that this car is still in one piece after what it has been through and have experienced so many great moments with many great people that I’ve met along the way. For all those who have supported me, lent me a helping hand and to those who all put in the effort of running track days, cheeeeeeers.

It's been a great adventure.

13246270_548031505367764_2278384957337688283_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-6&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=_gYE0s5Gz4wAX9arPUD&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=00_AT-W-QaQu7gt574wwAEGLDMKnWCSJi_sx2jZc_NR-FjDVA&oe=62AAE5E0.jpg

The best that I could muster with this car over the HKS GT Supercharger phase.

Winton - 1:27.98.
                          Wakefield - 1:03.7
                          Phillip Island - 1:43.0
                          Sandown - 1:18.4

Broadford - 62.0
                          Haunted Hills Figure 8 - 58.7

Broadford HillClimb - 47.9
                          Sydney Motorsport Park - 1:42.4 (Racechrono)
                          The Bend International Circuit – 2:16 (Racechrono, bit of a meh lap)
                          Last edited by eskimo_firefighter; 18-05-22, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Great update Pete. We all knew this day would one day come for the S2000.

Hope you document the restoration process on here. Been following this thread for 8 years and still always get excited each time there's a new post!
                            Skibeemo.com

Comment

Working...
                            X