No announcement yet.

My S2000 Weekend/Track day warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have them yet but will be purchasing a set of RCA for front and rear. Not just for the camber but to correct suspension geometry once lowered

Comment

Any updates? just a question mate, did you have any cooling issues besides burning abit of oil? No overheating?
      Just curious as I'm deciding on wether I should fit a oil cooler/gauges before hitting the track or not..

Comment

Originally posted by Bluscreama View Post
        Any updates? just a question mate, did you have any cooling issues besides burning abit of oil? No overheating?
        Just curious as I'm deciding on wether I should fit a oil cooler/gauges before hitting the track or not..
        No issues at all regarding overheating at all mate . Felt no power loss through out the whole day and did over 70 laps over that weekend, however the weather was a bit cold.

I have researched that S2000's do run high oil temperatures when at the track so I guess the oil cooler and oil temp gauge is a good modification for that peace of mind, but I believe it's not needed for a stock F20c. Just do cool down laps here and there and she'll be right.

Regarding updates. None really for now, haha. Just itching for another track day but the weather has been poor.

But one modification that I'm looking into is replacing the AP1 valve retainers to the AP2 valve retainers. As the AP1 retainers are known to crack when over revving the motor.

DIY article: http://www.s2ki.com/home/2010/11/30/...head-in-place/

Looking at the DIY article I do not have the balls to attempt it. Anyone know a good mechanic that can do this for me?
        1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Yeah I guess the weather on the day plays a big part, have also been researching about oil coolers/temp gauges, but think il just go for a good service of new thermostat and coolant, hit the track and see how the temps go and what the car wants.
          That would be a real good piece of mind modification but that DIY hahaha no way
          Msc reservoir?

Comment

Awesome, I'd replace the coolant with OEM blue Honda coolant and you'll be all good to go mate. Have fun at the track, you'll have a blast!

Also if you have time, check out the Best Motoring Enduro battle video on Youtube some where, a stock AP2 participates in an endurance battle at Tsukuba in 35c+ heat while monitoring the oil/water temperatures.

I've heard great things about MSC Reservoir, I'll give them a call soon. Cheers!

Comment

Haha I actually got some oem type 2 blue coolant today, waiting on oem thermo to replace that too.
              Can't wait to go out there!
              Just watched it, crazy that nsxr had high temps! Ap2 had no issues and they were doing heaps of laps lol!
              No worrys mate

Comment

Just track your car man
                At a standard track day you'll be fine with stock cooling systems as they are both very well made from stock.
                I'd reccomend getting gauges though. Just for that piece of mind while driving and being able to monitor everything just incase something does go wrong.
                My cooling system comprises of a mishimoto radiator and nulon coolant and throughout the whole trackday my temps never went above 86 degrees.
                As for oil I spiked in the middle of the day at a max of 122 degrees which is in no way detrimental but is like it a little lower. I used thicker oil for this trackday so I'll go back to the standard 10-30 and see if that helps or not.
                Obviously it comes down to engine condition etc but the s2000 is a very capable car out of the box. Get out there, track it, have a blast then fix what you need to fix

Comment

02/06/2014.

What I've done since the last update.

1. Replace rear brake pads with Acre Super fighter brake pads. replaced at 116k km. As the OEM rears was worn down to bare metal.

2. Cusco brake master cylinder stopper. Supposed to give a more consistent brake pedal feel as it prevents the brake master cylinder from flexing forwards. Was a bit skeptical about buying this as it seemed a bit gimmicky. Right after installing it I felt that it provided a more firm pedal feel just on driving on the street. It's not a huge difference but I'll put it to the test at my next track day where some really hard braking will be done.

3. OEM AP1 front bar with shaved headlight washers and some random fiberglass lip. Got it for a steal and really like how the front end looks now without the washers and it was painted red already, and colour matched pretty well.

4. Carbon Plus 'downforce style' side diffusers - Bought second hand off a friend. Added a nice subtle touch to the car.

I'm ready any time for another track day, just waiting on good weather.

Here are some hardparked shots of what the car looks as of today.

Cusco brake master cylinder stopper.

Engine bay shot.

Personal 330mm Suede Grinta steering wheel, very worn down. AP2 CR radio door.

Last edited by eskimo_firefighter; 02-06-14, 06:40 PM.

Comment

So awesome man!

Comment

Damn pete...calling shotgun ride at the next day mate! When are you thinking of heading to winton again?
                      Wakefield: EG B18CR - R888 - 1.09.9
                      Eastern Creek: DC5R - RE001/ER300 - 2.00.8
                      Winton: DC5R - RE001 - 1.45.9

Comment

Nice job Peter, it's looking very neat and clean.
                        Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Ughhh! It's so nice!

Comment

That shaved front bumper is so gooooooood!
                            Shak's S2000

Comment

👍looking good bro, shaved front and side diffusers are big winners
                              02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

damnnn! looking very good peter.. but what's that white stuff on the handbrake lever?! :P

Comment

Working...
                                X