Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by felixR View Post
    Well done on a great 2016!

I've enjoyed reading your posts and watching your in car videos.

Hope to catch up soon.
    Thanks FelixR! It's been too long since I've caught up with you and the Sydney crew.

Originally posted by chaumeh View Post
    Likewise!

Thanks for continuing to update your thread over the year(s) Pete, very informative and entertaining each time you post.

I love your philosophy with this car. Very admirable.

Good to catch up with you earlier this year in Melbourne and look forward to your 2017 adventures and PB's!
    Thanks Tom! Hopefully catch up with you again in the near future, and maybe you can show me your immaculate DC2R!

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
    You just can't fark'n love this enough. Bring on 2017!!
    Maracer fark'n loves it. Cheers Shakeel!

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
    you are a beast bro!
    Cheers Alex!
    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Well done Pete. So if this is definitely your last event for the year, I couldn't tempt you into coming to Winton on the 5th of November? 33s?

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
        Well done Pete. So if this is definitely your last event for the year, I couldn't tempt you into coming to Winton on the 5th of November? 33s?
        Thanks Tom! Yep I'll be taking a break for a short while. As nice as it would be to get this car into the 33's, I'll just wait until next year to chase that down.

Comment

29/10/2016 Dyno day held by Elusive Racing/Revspeed Auto.

As a mate was unable to attend this dyno day, so I took his place for the spot on the dyno. I was curious to see how much power the car would put down after a fair amount of KM's and track days done this year. The last figure this car put down was 127KW at the wheels at the Nugget Nationals dyno day at Weltmeister East a few months back, on a Dynotech dyno of which Revspeed Auto also uses.

Courtesy of Bao Pham for the photo.

Visit his Flickr Page for more content on the dyno day.

The only difference since the last dyno day a few months back was I had gotten rid of the K&N short ram intake and in place was the OEM AP1 airbox with a new K&N filter. Basically only power modification done to the car now was the Spoon N1 catback exhaust.

To my surprise, the car had put down 136KW at the rear wheels! This indicates a healthy motor ready for many more track adventures for 2017. Obviously it made more power than the last dyno day, however there are too many variables to be comparing this power reading to the last.

What was most interesting to me was the car had made 134-136KW consistently over the 3 runs in today's run with the OEM airbox.

The graph below is the previous dyno run a few months back, the K&N had lost 5KW's in its third run. Possibly due to heatsoak. I think it was a good decision to revert back to the OEM air box.

Comment

Like wine it gets better with age

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
              Like wine it gets better with age
              Haha, so good the F20C!

14/11/2016 New Safety Gear for 2017.

I decided to take safety seriously ever since an accident involving a few mates at Winton, thankfully both are doing well and is on the road to recovery. It was a real eye opener on how fast things can go wrong.

The S2000 won't go back to the track until I think I have all the necessary safety equipment.

With that in mind I purchased the following:

1. Sparco Air Pro RF-5w Helmet - New helmet from Sparco for 2016, it is Snell2015 approved, heaps of ventilation, HANS compatible, it even comes with the HANS posts as standard. Super light weight and comfortable.

2. HANS device Sport II - Head and neck support device, main purpose of this is to restrict the head/neck to avoid sudden forward and backward movement in an event of a crash which drastically decreases the chance of serious neck/spinal injury. Very light and easy to put on.

3. OMP 6 point harness - Should keep me well strapped in the seat, allowing me to focus entirely on driving instead of trying to hold myself in place while cornering hard at the track. To run the HANS device and harness is required to strap the HANS device in position.

Next in the agenda is to get a half cage in to be able to run all this safety gear.

I'm really pleased with this purchase so I took a heap of pictures, haha.

Last edited by eskimo_firefighter; 28-09-20, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Love the new gear Pete.

So can I interpret that as till you have collected all the safety gear, or have all the safety gear and installed them too?
                Shak's S2000

Comment

Love it Pete! What cage are you considering? Custom?
                  ClubITR | Like

Comment

I don't say so felix. Nothing off the shelf is any good and the only other option is a HD/ballade roll bar but by the time you have to ship it, it becomes cheaper to custom make here

Comment

Love the new gear Pete.

So can I interpret that as till you have collected all the safety gear, or have all the safety gear and installed them too?
                      Cheers Shak, you'll have to wait and see until the next update. Haha.

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                      Love it Pete! What cage are you considering? Custom?
                      Cheers Felix, I will be looking into a custom cage that is CAMS approved and engineered for street use. Todd basically answered why it would be easier and cheaper to do custom rather than ordering an off the shelf cage. It'd hopefully be much stronger than the off the shelf cages and tailored to my height and seating position.

Also with the addition of a half cage, the car will also comply with Vic Time Attack and WTAC regulations. This is a compulsory item at those big events for convertibles if I ever decide to participate without being booted out of the track day.

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
                      I don't say so felix. Nothing off the shelf is any good and the only other option is a HD/ballade roll bar but by the time you have to ship it, it becomes cheaper to custom make here
                      This man speaks the truth.

Comment

Cage by fabraications?
                        Shak's S2000

Comment

Cage by fabraications?
                          Fabraications does great work but it is a little too pricey for me. I am looking to get it done somewhere else. Will update on how it all goes.

Comment

Nice update Pete, good to see you taking safety seriously. If you need help with the certification of that cage, get in touch.

Comment

Awesome gear Pete. Keen to see how you will install and setup the harness
                              Skibeemo.com

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                                Nice update Pete, good to see you taking safety seriously. If you need help with the certification of that cage, get in touch.
                                Thanks Tom! Will keep in touch.

Originally posted by chaumeh View Post
                                Awesome gear Pete. Keen to see how you will install and setup the harness
                                Thanks man!

Comment

Working...
                                X