No announcement yet.

My S2000 Weekend/Track day warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't bother finish installing the brake ducts as the air pump was in the way of the passenger side duct. I am definitely interested in the air pump delete kit. PM sent. lol

I will post up some more pictures of the brake duct install when I finish it.
    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Nice overtake in that video Pete! slipstream ftw!
      Skibeemo.com

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh View Post
        Nice overtake in that video Pete! slipstream ftw!
        Thanks Tom! Man I miss going to the track!

09/01/2016 - Ingalls Engine Torque Damper and RE30 Test fit.

As an impulse buy I purchased the Ingalls engine torque damper. The theory behind this damper is to stiffen up the engine to reduce engine movement in hopes to improve throttle response, shifting thus giving a more "direct feel". Skeptical whether it would provide noticeable improvements but at the price, might as well really?

Install was very easy with no modification done to the engine bay, a direct bolt on fit. The test drive shown small improvements with its more directness with the powertrain/drivetrain but it wasn't drastic, I may need to stiffen up the preload on the damper to really see more benefit. The real test would be on the track to give a more thorough review.

18' RE30 Test fit
        Thanks to a mate, I was able to test fit a dreamy spec of RE30's to get a gauge on how they fit if I were ever to move to 18's. The wheels specs are 18x10+43 with a 265/35 AD08R. Only one decent photo was taken by my mate as I have a nuggety spec phone camera and forgot to bring my main camera.

For future reference the fronts fit very well, the rears would need more work to the guards and more camber to avoid scrubbing issues. All in all it is a very doable setup.

Last edited by eskimo_firefighter; 15-02-16, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Looks awesome on the NFR Peter!

Any poke on the rears?

I gotta read up on some earlier pages to see what guard work u did!

Have u tested clearance on full lock capabilities and the brake ducts up front too?
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Front guards have been flared, the rear is just a roll with rear bumper tab relocation. There is a bit of poke, but can be fixed with more camber with a slight pump.

I have been too lazy to get the front brake ducts installed.

Comment

The S2000 gets its front bumpsteer measured. 06/03/2016

Today the s2000 had the front bump steer measured by the Honed_Developments team, Tom aka ChargeR with assistance of Itsu-san aka Grant.

My basic understanding of bumpsteer.
              Dynamic toe angle changes as the suspension is going through its travel, whether its compressing or rebounding.

I have always been interested in the suspension dynamics, especially with all the aftermarket suspension parts out there that have no real data to prove whether actual improvements are being made. With their work they were able to gather factual data and with this they're able to deduce what may need improvement on the S2000.

The coilover and FSB needed to be removed and disconnected to measure the full suspension travel. The jack is placed under the lower control arm and jacked up to allow the suspension to go through its travel.

Their findings showed that the S2000 has a strong tendency to toe out under suspension compression/travel aka bumpsteer and this negative effect is further amplified when lowering a car with coilovers.

The goal is to reduce bumpsteer to improve handling and even tyre wear perhaps?

We are aware there are already parts out there to rectify this problem but a remedy is possibly in the works by the Honed_developments team to correct the steering arm height, if it goes ahead there will be another update.

For now we will leave the rear bumpsteer measurement for another time which will be interesting as the S2000 is notorious of rear bumpsteer issues, particularly the AP1, the AP2 had a redesigned rear subframe and suspension components to fix this.

This is quite an involved process so thanks again ChargeR and Itsu-san! It was a great and fun learning experience.

Bonus photo. The suspension is at full bump and it's mighty close to the guards.

Comment

updatessss!
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

New Year, New Wheels.

CE28N 17x10+45 and 17x10+44 staggered set in Titanium Silver with 245/40/17 AD08R.

Obtained some specs of the CE28's I've always wanted. The 17x10+45 has a concave and dished face which is one of my favourite wheel designs from Volk. The 10+44 is a very rare pair that I believe Evasive Motorsports only sold to accommodate S2000 owners who wanted to run 10J CE28’s and run a BBK up front as the concave face had very little room for caliper clearance, although I don't plan on ever running a BBK it doesn't hurt to keep that option open.

Initial impressions of first test drive with new wheels.
                  In terms of performance the 10J I think has its benefits over the 9J wide wheels I previously used. Although comparing a set of AD08R with good tread against my old set of worn NT05 is like comparing apples to oranges, the new setup definitely had more feedback and was more responsive which I believe had to do with the extra width to support the tyre which decreases the level of sidewall flex.

The plan is to swap the 255/40 NT01 semi slicks onto these CE28's in hope to go faster at the track. And swap the AD08R onto my RPF1’s for street use. Although I’d much rather be running these CE28N's for street use, I am hoping the extra 1inch width will improve the handling of the car on track. I will give a better review on my next track day which is early next month. Can't give much feedback on the AD08R but so far they're feeling pretty good.

As you can see I'm quite fond of these concave dished CE28's...

The fronts have the same face as the 17x9.0J+40 CE28's I previously used. Which is little dish and little concavity. Plenty of caliper clearance.

No issues fitting 10's on the S2000.

Last edited by eskimo_firefighter; 09-03-16, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your bumpsteer analysis. Good read

Love the rims. That last photo.

Awesome updates as usual Pete!
                    Skibeemo.com

Comment

Rims rims rims!
                      So nice

Comment

ahah these wheels are such a slut
                        IG: tonytr

Comment

Ti silver CE28's ftw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That looks great.
                            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
                              DAMN that photo makes me want an s2k
                              Last edited by felixR; 10-03-16, 12:26 PM.

Comment

do it tim. you'd realise the S2000 potential over the DC5!
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X