My S2000 Weekend/Track day warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha cheater spec tyres :P
    Hoping to get that 1:09 at my first track day next year with the new tyres. Then we can have another battle
    Going back to Wakefield after such a long break reminded me just how much I missed and liked that track. I definitely want to get back a bunch more times next year!

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh
      Awesome write up and update Pete. Grats with the PB!

Btw, how much fuel do you use at the track?
      Thanks Tom!

I use about 3 quarters worth of petrol. Wakefield Park raceway is about 2.2k per lap. I did about 45 laps or so. The S2000 has a 50L tank. So just as an estimate I used about 35-40Litres for about 100km's worth of track driving. Haha.

Originally posted by PG_DC5 View Post
      Glad you had fun Pete! I was envious how flat you could take turn 1 haha.
      Thanks Preet! Thanks again for the photo! It's all in the big Voltex wing.

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
      Haha cheater spec tyres :P
      Hoping to get that 1:09 at my first track day next year with the new tyres. Then we can have another battle
      Going back to Wakefield after such a long break reminded me just how much I missed and liked that track. I definitely want to get back a bunch more times next year!
      Good luck Todd, I'm sure you'll be able to do it. Looking forward to more battles indeed at Wakefield. Can't wait, haha.
      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Bonus Wakefield Park track day video - Following Ben's S2000 for some epic fun, he really got the rear end sliding as I was following him. Also Todd got black flagged this session, haha.

Comment

Sorry for holding you guys up :P
          i saw the black flag and thought something must've been up with the car

Comment

nice vid Peter!

Do you mind sharing your gopro settings too please?
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
              Sorry for holding you guys up :P
              i saw the black flag and thought something must've been up with the car
              No stress man, it wasn't an issue at all. I bodged that lap up at the start anyways so it was just going to be a dedicated fun lap chasing you and Ben anyway, you should have joined in the fun .

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
              nice vid Peter!

Do you mind sharing your gopro settings too please?
              Thanks Alex. No worries, the gopro settings are just 720P @ 60FPS. Most important thing is to turn on the spot meter which decreases the glare off the windscreen heaps!

Comment

I use the same settings and also use the wifi app to get the positioning right with my phone. Although it almost always has issues connecting. I also use an external mix that I clip onto the rear bumper (was like 10 bucks on ebay)

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Thanks Peter! I was getting shit loads of glare on mine!
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

Originally posted by PG_DC5 View Post
                    I use the same settings and also use the wifi app to get the positioning right with my phone. Although it almost always has issues connecting. I also use an external mix that I clip onto the rear bumper (was like 10 bucks on ebay)
                    I have a Gopro 4 Silver which has an in built screen/viewfinder so I don't really need the wifi app. External mic does sound like a good idea though.

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                    Thanks Peter! I was getting shit loads of glare on mine!
                    No worries Alex.

Comment

Congrats Pete! Glad you had a safe trip up lol
                      Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Originally posted by stienerv2 View Post
                        Congrats Pete! Glad you had a safe trip up lol
                        Thanks Victor! Hope you enjoyed your stay in Melb! I'll visit you NSW some time next year if I ever decide to do a track day at SMSP.

Cusco Oil catch can update.

Just a quick update on the Cusco Oil catch can. According to this blog I had installed this roughly in July this year. 3 track days, one of which was an early retirement and 1 motorkhana day has passed since then. Decided to take a look at the catch can today and it looks like it's doing its job of collecting all of the blow by oil which is great to see. I will be doing a Phillip Island track day soon which consists of many high speed corners which can cause a lot of blow by. The can was filled at about 60% of it's 0.5L capacity which is a fair amount of oil.

Note to self, check catch can more regularly.

Last edited by eskimo_firefighter; 09-11-15, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Hey Pete, I noticed some of your pics dont load!

Have you had a look at your intake hose / throttle body to see if any blow by is exiting the front breather port too?
                          Last edited by plAythiNG; 09-11-15, 06:52 PM.
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

Thanks for letting me know Alex, I believe Google Photo's is the issue, I will just go back to using Photobucket.

And to answer your question, no I haven't and I probably should. But at least now I think the puffing of big clouds of smoke is a non issue now. But the real test will be at Phillip Island.

Comment

For me personally, Ive noticed with my much slower cornering speeds than you and also on street tyres, I dont have any blowby anymore, by switching to penrite ten tenths engine oil! In addition to 5degree il temp drop in street conditions, and I get about an extra hot lap out on the circuit too!
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

That's awesome. 5 degrees is a quite a nice drop just by changing engine oil. I should probably look into getting temperature gauges for my car, but I am a little paranoid about loose fittings and sandwich plates from what I've seen in the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X