No announcement yet.

My S2000 Weekend/Track day warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remember if you want to sell your wing...

Comment

That's a big wang

Comment

Car's looking great Peter, always a pleasure to read your pre/post event reports
        Honed - WEB: https://honeddevelopments.com/ FB: https://www.facebook.com/honeddevelopments

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
          Nice. I've also arranged for AP2 retainers/cotters to be installed on the intake side. When I eventually get a baffled sump then i'll do the AP2 banjo bolts too! pics with car to show new wing height?
          Awesome, good insurance modifications. I checked my old AP1 retainers and they were in perfect condition. Better safe than sorry though.

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
          Awesome stuff Pete. Thanks for the part numbers, Alex and myself will need them very shortly

Pics of the higher wing too please!
          Thanks and you're welcome Shak!

Originally posted by felixR View Post
          Great shots of a great car
          Thanks Felix!

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
          Amazing.
          Thanks Shak!

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
          remember if you want to sell your wing...
          I'll keep that in mind but good luck, haha.

Originally posted by Nathannnnn View Post
          That's a big wang
          Yes it is.

Originally posted by itsu-san View Post
          Car's looking great Peter, always a pleasure to read your pre/post event reports
          Thanks a lot Grant! I'm glad that you take the time to read my blabbering.
          1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Wow! PI must have been awesome! Goals to get down there one day! Can't wait to see your times on the R compound!

Nice important upgrades, I'm waiting for new retainers, cotters and banjo bolts to arrive also.

Comment

It's definitely a must go to track! Let me know when you're coming down for PI Kyle!

Neither can I! It's going to be a long wait, I will most likely head back to the track September so hopefully I don't forget how to drive by then. But knowing my patience I'll probably head back earlier, haha.

Awesome, never skimp out on maintenance/reliability. I hope you already have the baffle pan/plate?

Comment

I'll get there eventually! Need a tow car haha.
                I got my spoon baffled sump arriving with heaps of other goodies to go on prior to getting a tune.

Comment

08/06/15 Queens Bday Winton track day.

After my recent trip to Japan the urge to go back to the track was stronger than ever, feeling some what motivated and inspired from the trip I decided to order my NT01's, unfortunately the supplier made a mistake on my order and had to refund me. With a couple days until the weekend left me with dilemma, either give up on going to this track day, or go for another day with shagged tyres with little chance of a PB just for fun, I opted for the latter and I'm glad I did as it was a fun filled day.

Setup remains exactly as the same as before.

The best lap of the day was a 1:42.2, same as the previous track day.

Although the grip levels has diminished in the more recent track days, I am impressed with the longevity, consistency and predictability at the limit.
                  Although no PB was attained, I feel that I have improved my driving, driving a RWD with low grip levels was quite a handful but at the same time teaches more about car control and not to mention incredibly fun.

I'll need new tyres to have a better chance of chasing my PB but also after much thought I have decided to start modifying the S2000 a little. I intend on the tuning cars suspension to suit my driving style and fix the prevalent oversteer that occurs on bumpy and tighter sections of the course. More research and analysing video's is required to make a better judgement on what to do next.

Comment

Let's see some 30s Peter!
                    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                      Let's see some 30s Peter!
                      This update should allow the car well into the 30's.

R compounds acquired!!

After quite a struggle finding a set of R compounds, I have finally received shipment of my set of R compound tyres. The NITTO NT01 in 255/40/17 non staggered setup. It's a shame that I didn't have these for my previous track day but things do happen. I am really looking forward to my next track day on R compounds. The treadwear is rated at 100 so it's not the most extreme semi slick available but I believe it will be more than sufficient with the cars stock power.

The tyres will be mounted on my set of RPF1 17x9+45. I am anxious and excited to see what lap times I can churn out with these tyres but it should allow the car to be well into the 30's at Winton, it just comes down to the driving. A re-visit to Philip Island and Wakefield with these tyres should also happen this year.

Everything is finally going according to plan (some what lol).

Last edited by eskimo_firefighter; 29-11-15, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Can't wait to see the lap times tumble!

Comment

Awesome Pete!
                          Shak's S2000

Comment

Some epic photo's have emerged on the internet from the last Track day. And here they are. Courtesy of Kalari Photography.

Oddly, this was the first time I've ever gone off the track in the S2000 and it was during a cool down lap! Quite a doofus moment. But she'll be right. ** Note for future reference careful with clipping the outside ripples exiting TURN ONE after the BP start sign which can cause some snappy oversteer moments like this. **

The front bumper and especially the lip has seen better days.
                            Last edited by eskimo_firefighter; 28-06-15, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Awesome photos! was the front bar and lip damaged badly?

Comment

Originally posted by Jayden95 View Post
                                Awesome photos! was the front bar and lip damaged badly?
                                Ironically the lip mostly gets its damage from street driving, the only track that has abused the front lip was Wakefield, at certain corners the front lip would drag along the ground haha! But Winton/Philip Island it has no clearance issues at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X