No announcement yet.

My S2000 Weekend/Track day warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also on another note if you aren't spinning out you aren't pushing the car hard enough

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
      Congrats on such a great year Peter!

I hope I can follow in your footsteps
      Haha, thanks Shak. Hopefully I'll see you out there on the track next year!

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
      Congrats on the great year man. Hopefully the good times continue into 2015!

Rise of the s2ks :P
      Thanks man, I sure hope so too.

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
      Nice thread Pete.

Read this from start to finish. very very nice.
      Thanks for taking the time to read it Alex, I hope you enjoy the S2000 as much as I have.

Originally posted by felixR View Post
      Well done man! Great thread, great car and great guy.
      Thank you Felix, thanks for following!

Originally posted by Norm View Post
      Looking good Pete! I may join you in a track day or two in 2015!
      Thanks Norm. Awesome, looking forward to seeing you out at Winton! Exciting times ahead.

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
      Well done this year guy, look forward to seeing the times tumble in the new year. Also the "zero spin outs" is very pleasing to me too.
      Thanks Tom. The "zero spin outs" is surprisingly satisfying, haha.

Also on another note if you aren't spinning out you aren't pushing the car hard enough
      Haha. I don't have the balls to push the car any harder. From my experience as long as I'm having fun out there and the car and I gets home safe is a win. PB is just a big bonus.
      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Haha I'm just busting your chops man :P

Comment

Just sayin' that's all hehe.

Comment

Plans for 2015 and new parts/cosmetics update.

In preparation of the 2015 track season, I've been thinking of the options to help with breaking some PB's. Of which I have gone through the pro's and con's of each option such as upping the power and many more, I have a Excel document outlining the options and costs of each for my benefit of which I won't post as it's a bucket load of information.

I look to get the most out of my money so keeping the cost's down as much as possible and keeping the reliability of the car is paramount when building a car for the track. While of course going as fast as I can.

Ever since I got the S2000 one of my long term goals was to get into the 30's at Winton and now that I had a taste of Wakefield I'd like under 1:10's some day, from that notion I decided this was the best way to get there.

Buying a second set of wheels to make way for future semi-slicks.

Titanium Silver 17x9+40 CE28N - Similiar fitment to the 9+45 RPF1. In excellent condition from Japan, excluding that rash on the wheel.

The plan is to use the CE28N for street setup with my current Nitto NT05 and the RPF1 as a track setup with semi slicks as the RPF1 are cheaper if they break and they're not much heavier than the CE28.

You're probably wondering you could've just ran the stockies on the street but I prefer not. Plus the my current set of 255/40 Nt05 would go to waste despite being a tad worn, though more than good enough for the street.

Pro's and con's of going semi slicks.

Pros:
            - The best option in my opinion to shave the most time off PB especially at a technical course like Winton and Wakefield.
            - Midrange power was an issue with stock 4.1 final drive and my pretty much stock F20C motor. More grip means I can hang out in the higher RPM of the motor in my current gearing. Fully utilizing the peaky powerband of the F20c. Looking at my dyno graph (listed on this blog) the engine is only really alive above 6600RPM+ thus hopefully negating the desire for more power.
            - Some what cost effective as having a dedicated set of wheels and tyres for the track can potentially last longer opposed to having a dual purpose street/track tyre setup.
            - More speed, more fun?
            - Resale value of wheels is good.

Cons:
            - S2000's have no chance of fitting another set of wheels to go to the track, so I will require assistance with logistics. This is actually a huge turn off which can sway me from going through with this plan.
            - Not exactly the cheapest option.
            - Semi's put more strain on the suspension and drivetrain components, but she'll be roight.

With this setup I believe the car is more than capable of getting well into the 30's, so it'll just be up to the driving. 2015 should be an exciting one.

What semi slicks?
            Regarding what semi-slicks I will be purchasing I am opting for the Nitto NT-01.

They're much cheaper than the other semi slicks such as the A050, Z221, etc.

However the NT01 has a tread wear rating of 100 opposed to the A050 and z221 which I believe is 60. The grip levels maybe a bit lower but doesn't bother me too much considering the NT01 are cheaper than some street tyres!

I am open to change my mind so if any suggestions on what and where to purchase certain tyres feel free to help me out.

New front bumper

Another part that I unexpectedly bought was the replica Amuse R1 front bumper. I've been chasing one ever since I got my S2000 and in my opinion one of the best looking front bumpers for the S2000 while retaining clean lines and not being over the top. It was important to keep my car some what "subtle" as I still really enjoy driving the S2000 on the street.

Since I really want to keep the front bumper in the best condition. Unfortunately, I will have to raise up the front of the car a fair bit to avoid damage. I am hoping this doesn't change the handling characteristics too much, if so I hope it changes for the better.

For now I need to

- Paint and install replica Amuse front bumper.
            - Raise the front up to avoid damage to the front bumper.
            - Buy new semi slicks for the RPF1.
            - Weld in baffle plate for the oil pan.
            - Get the CE28's on for hardparking and street usage.

Then she'll be right for the 2015 season of track days.
            Last edited by eskimo_firefighter; 09-01-15, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Great update Sir! Love seeing your plans in action as you shave the seconds off!

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
              - Semi's put more strain on the suspension and drivetrain components, but she'll be right.
              I had a cheeky giggle at the "she'll be right" part
              1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
              1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
              2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
              F1 Nut

Comment

Nice Pete, good work beating me to those wheels!

I'm also happy that you bought that amuse bumper from Duy, may not be genuine but I'm still happy for you
                Shak's S2000

Comment

Great update! Makes me want an S2000 lol.
                  ClubITR | Like

Comment

Nice wheels Pete.

How good is driving the S2000 hey!

How are you liking the Spoon N1 setup? I want to be smart with my mods on the AP1. I mean yes 100%, I will get a high flow cat, and agree with you that an aftermarket catback's best benefit is the weight saving.
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

nice update peter
                      cant wait to see what times you drop to now. just make sure you keep that oil pickup sorted
                      hopefully that baffle does enough. i just ordered the moroso unit. includes trapdoors etc in the baffle so much more effective

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...e=S2000-ENGINE

my .2c anyway. looking forward to more wakefield trackdays with you

Comment

Not wanting to waste tyres that are on their last legs? Buy new wheels to have them fitted to of course!

Comment

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
                          Great update Sir! Love seeing your plans in action as you shave the seconds off!

I had a cheeky giggle at the "she'll be right" part
                          Haha I knew you'd get a kick out of that. Thanks Napo, hopefully it goes to plan.

But my chances of making Philip Island on Feb is super slim now.

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                          Nice Pete, good work beating me to those wheels!

I'm also happy that you bought that amuse bumper from Duy, may not be genuine but I'm still happy for you
                          Thanks Shak! I still feel a bit guilty for that one.

I'm super stoked that I finally got myself the front bumper, replica or genuine I'm still happy. I'd probably even drive more so of a wuss on the track if I had a $2k front bumper.

I just hope that the bumper fits well!

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                          Great update! Makes me want an S2000 lol.
                          Thanks Felix! Please make the NSX dream happen instead!

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                          Nice wheels Pete.

How good is driving the S2000 hey!

How are you liking the Spoon N1 setup? I want to be smart with my mods on the AP1. I mean yes 100%, I will get a high flow cat, and agree with you that an aftermarket catback's best benefit is the weight saving.
                          Thanks Alex!

I would have loved the concave/dished CE28's but are expensive and harder to find especially a set that fits an S2000. These will do fine for now.

Yep! It's such a fun car to drive, been racking up more on the odometer on the S2000 than I am in my daily EK1 haha.

I'm liking the Spoon N1 setup. It sounds pretty bad with the silencer installed at low RPM especially, it sounds raspy and farty. With it off it sounds awesome, and with the test pipe on it sounds awesome but loud for street use. HFC is a good investment opposed to running a test pipe for street use indeed!

nice update peter
                          cant wait to see what times you drop to now. just make sure you keep that oil pickup sorted
                          hopefully that baffle does enough. i just ordered the moroso unit. includes trapdoors etc in the baffle so much more effective

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...e=S2000-ENGINE

my .2c anyway. looking forward to more wakefield trackdays with you
                          Thanks Todd! I'm looking forward to what I can do at the track too! I've already bought the Tegiwa baffle plate, which is similar to the Spoon/Mugen baffle.

That Moroso unit looks awesome, if I had seen that earlier I might've gone for that one instead. Looks like an effective baffle. Can't wait to be back at Wakefield!

Originally posted by Symphorced View Post
                          Not wanting to waste tyres that are on their last legs? Buy new wheels to have them fitted to of course!
                          Of course, as they always say, she'll be right.

Comment

Crappy snaps with the Gopro 4 of the new CE28N street setup

Unfortunately the best camera I have right now is a Gopro 4, which only shoots in wide view. Oh well.

Also got a set of Project Kics R40 neo chrome wheel nuts.

I'll hopefully take some proper photo's with a DSLR once I put on the Amuse front bumper. Can't wait for it to be on!

Comment

wooow looking nice bro!!!!
                              ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

That looks suave as hell. CE28s and Famuse front are a classic combo, looking forward to seeing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X