X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My S2000 Weekend/Track day warrior

Most current Setup of the car:

Wheels
    - 17x10+44 Front, 17x10+45 Rear CE28N Titanium Silver 255/40/17 Dunlop Direzza DZ03G M5 Compound.

Suspension
    - Tein Monoflex coilovers 12kg front 10kg rear
    - Eibach Front Sway Bar.
    - J's Racing Rear toe arms/Anti Bumpsteer Kit.
    - J's Racing Front Camber joints S2.
    - Spoon Rigid Collars

Engine
    - Haltech Elite 1500
    - HKS GT Supercharger kit - 120MM Pulley - 10PSI
    - Koyo 36mm Radiator
    - CLEIB 70MM exhaust system
    - AP2 intake side retainers replaced
    - AP2 oil banjo bolts/ oil jet bolts replaced
    - Tegiwa oil baffle plate welded into OEM oil pan
    - OEM AP1 Flywheel
    - ACT Heavy Duty Pressure plate with AP2 Clutch Disc
    - Haltech/Bosch Wideband O2 sensor.
    - Greddy 13row Oil cooler with thermostatic sandwich plate.

Brakes
    - Stoptech ST-40 - 328mm x 28mm rotors
    - Honed Developments front Air Guides for braking cooling.
    - RDA Rear rotors
    - Winmax W5 front and rear.
    - Cusco master cylinder brake stopper.
    - HEL braided brake lines rear, Stoptech lines front.

Interior
    - 350mm Momo Monte Carlo Steering wheel.
    - Civic SI Gearknob
    - Recaro RS-G ASM Limited seat with Recaro Rails.
    - Haltech CAN Gauge

Exterior
    - C+ carbon side diffusers
    - Voltex 1700mm type 2 wing with *new 275mm wing stands* old was 245mm
    - Replica Amuse R1 aka FAMUSE bumper.
    - Takata front tow strap

Drivetrain
    Spoon Sports Engine Mounts.
    Hasport 75A Differntial Mounts
    CUSCO RS 1.5Way LSD

Fluids
    - Castrol EDGE 5w40
    - Red Line 75W90 GL-5 for differential
    - Honda OEM MTF06 for gearbox
    - ATE super blue/type 200 brake fluid.

Personal Best lap times:
    - Winton - 1:31.9 (Kumho V70A)
    - Wakefield - 1:07.9640 (Hankook Z221)
    - Phillip Island - 1:47.2 (Kumho V70A)

- The Bend International Circuit (4.9KM layout) - 2:16 (Racechrono Unofficial)

The Beginning

As some of you guys may know. I finally got one of my dream cars, the S2000.

It's been a very long wait and now I will start to document my cars progress.

I've kind of been in the market for an S2000 since late 2012. I've let quite a few good deals slip pass by me and then on Feb 2014 a decent looking New Formula Red S2000 popped up in Adelaide. Flew from Melbourne to Adelaide the next day and after inspecting the car, I had to buy it as it fit my criteria in every way (low priced, low odometer, clean inside and out and full service history at Honda dealerships with a new clutch replaced at 100k and finally one that hasn't been previously written off). Took me around 9 hours from Adelaide to drive it back home in Melbourne, which was probably the easiest 9-10 hours of driving I have ever done.

It will be mostly used as a weekend car and for track days. I'll try to modify the car as smartly as possible and try not to depend on modifications to better my lap times.

Ultimately I would like to get into the 1:30's at Winton some day and try out other tracks like Phillip Island and Wakefield but I'll give it some time before any of that happens.

The S2000 in its current form. (excluding the Adelaide plates)

I'm currently preparing the car for its first track day outing at Winton for the 3rd of May and hopefully the car will soon be ready.
    Last edited by eskimo_firefighter; 24-03-19, 08:11 AM.
    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Wow, that looks clean!

congrats on the buy!
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

good stuff man you finally got one!! now it all begins
      S2000
      WSID : TBA
      Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
      Smooth As Detailing
      Incar Racing

Comment

Pete! Loooking good buddy! Lets see some track work!

Comment

Looking good man. Nice buy

Comment

another one !? does this mean we have to change our name to ClubS2k now? I think they officially out number the ITRs.
            Great pickup man, hard to find red cars looking that good. Look forward to seeing it pushed hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun View Post
              I think they officially out number the ITRs.
              lol....just no
              BNR34 Build [SOLD]
              APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
              Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
              NSEX

Comment

Originally posted by wongy View Post
                lol....just no
                lol
                > http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...894#post254894

Comment

02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                    Wow, that looks clean!

congrats on the buy!
                    Thanks mate!

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
                    good stuff man you finally got one!! now it all begins
                    Thanks mate! Took a while indeed.

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                    Pete! Loooking good buddy! Lets see some track work!
                    Thanks Norm! Track will be very soon. Less than 3 weeks away!

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
                    Looking good man. Nice buy
                    Thanks mate!

Originally posted by Shaun View Post
                    another one !? does this mean we have to change our name to ClubS2k now? I think they officially out number the ITRs.
                    Great pickup man, hard to find red cars looking that good. Look forward to seeing it pushed hard.
                    Yeah it was hard just finding any S2000 in general that was in decent nick. Thanks mate!

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
                    It is indeed.

Comment

18/04/2014

Updates with new modifications for the Honda 2000.

My plan initially was to leave the S2000 stock and go for a track day or two, learning the fundamentals of RWD driving. This would have been a great idea except I got a bit impatient and the modifications kept coming in as I found a few decent deals on some of the parts. Might as well really.

1. TEIN Monoflex coilovers. 10kg Front 8kg Rear. - In excellent condition. These coilovers are great so far. For street driving the ride is compliant and is comparable to stock, hopefully should be adequate for some decent lap times at the track. Can't comment on how they handle compared to the stock as I really haven't pushed the car at all, as I'll be leaving that for the track.

2. ENKEI RPF1, 17x9+45. Easy'ish fitment for the S2000, except fitting the 255/40 at the front proved to be difficult. I demolished my front guards with my idiotic guard rolling attempt. I wanted zero issues for the track and a proper job, so I took the car to DTpanels where they flared/pumped my front fenders by 2-3cm. With this I have no issues with scrubbing which is great and is future proof for fitting wider wheels and if I ever move to semi slicks which run wider than street tyres. Rears have been rolled and pumped slightly and the rear fender tabs has been relocated.

3. 255/40/17 Nitto NT05 - I was having a hard time looking for Hankook RS-3's and the next shipment was coming in 2-3 months time. So I had to choose an alternative and I opted for the Nitto NT-05 due to finding a great deal on them. They're the same level/catergory as the Z2's, RS-3's, RSR's etc. Will comment on how they do at the upcoming track day. My only thing that grinds my gears on these tyres is that the tread depth is very low to begin with, which probably means they won't be good in the wet nor will they last long which isn't a big deal to me if I'm honest, haha.

4. Perosnal Grinta Suede 330mm wheel + HKB boss kit - I removed this from the daily EK1. Luckily the boss kit fits the S2000 as EK/AP1/EP3/DC5 share the boss kit.

5. K&N FIPK intake - From what I've researched intakes do next to nothing for the S2000. And to be honest looking at it from a technical and performance perspective the OEM airbox is more than adequate. However I quite like the sound of the K&N intake. Hopefully 'heat soak' doesn't affect anything at the track.

6. PROJECT MU HC+- Haven't installed these, yet but seem to be the track/street pad to go for.

Compound Hyper Carbon
                      Rotor Temp 0~800℃
                      Friction 0.38~0.62μ

7. Project KICS R40 wheel nuts "classicall" - Haven't came in but will come in soon hopefully.

All the main bits have been installed and will be ready for the upcoming EXE double track day at Winton on the 03/05/2014. All I need is to replace the brake fluid with ATE blue racing fluid which will be through Autosphere.

Get an wheel alignment and attempt to get as much front caster and as much -negative camber front and rear. I am expecting to -2.5ish at the front and around -3.0 at the rear which is the usual specifications on the S2KI forum for the track day enthusiast. This is of course dependent on the height of the car and will be adjusted via stock adjustments, no aftermarket ball joints and arms. I may opt for some toe in at the rear but I am still deciding on that.

I may consider purchasing a set of differential mounts as I think the stock mounts feel a bit weak.

That's it for the modifications for a long time. Can't wait until the track days!
                      Last edited by eskimo_firefighter; 07-08-16, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Keep it stock hey..

All that and not a picture of the re-assembled car? Good work apart from that oversight guy, looking forward to seeing this on track in a couple of weeks. Also given that it's your first time out in an AP1 with non-staggered wheels and tyres maybe a little toe in at the rear wouldn't hurt .

Comment

Nice one Peter guy!
                          ClubITR | Like

Comment

running non staggered set up youre going to have a lot of snap oversteer. as said a little toe in in the rear will help. also look at a larger front sway bar to bring the balance of the car back

cant wait to see what it looks like withthe rpf1s on. ive always loved those rims (had a set on my old car)

Comment

Can we see some pictures of your excellent guard rolling skills?
                              Shak's S2000

Comment

Working...
                              X