No announcement yet.

My S2000 Weekend/Track day warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friggin awesome in-car footage! 9K RPM goodness. I need an S2K in my life!
    Follow on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/96BRG

Follow on Instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/96BRG

Comment

Fantastic build thread! Plenty of inspiration for my own rio yellow that I picked up recently. Just wondering what phone mount you use while tracking with racechrono?

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh
        Another PB! well done. Carbon fiber body panels crossing your mind at all Pete?
        Thanks Thanh! Carbon fibre panels has not crossed my mind at all, I think the money can be spent on other areas that will give me better gains. besides the stock panels in the S2000 are quite light as they are mostly aluminium I believe.

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
        Congrats Pete

I love how you still find ways to push this car to the limit!
        Thanks Shak! It is really fun pushing this car to limit, even after all the years of driving this car it still develops me as a driver and a tuner. There is still much more to develop and to learn.

Originally posted by stephen8512 View Post
        Friggin awesome in-car footage! 9K RPM goodness. I need an S2K in my life!
        Thanks mate! Please get one!

Originally posted by nikos2k View Post
        Fantastic build thread! Plenty of inspiration for my own rio yellow that I picked up recently. Just wondering what phone mount you use while tracking with racechrono?
        Thanks mate. Congrats on the purchase, bright colours on the S2000 is the best! The phone holder I use is the Modifry dash bracket + phone holder.

http://www.modifry.com/index.php?rou...&product_id=93
        Last edited by eskimo_firefighter; 16-10-17, 10:31 AM.
        1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Waiting for hardtop and tune.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

TE37’s Sold and Gone.

The rare 17x9.5+41 TE37’s that I’ve owned for just half a year have been sold. I figured that I barely drive the car on the street nowadays so having a nice street dedicated set of wheels was a bit of a waste, the money could be better used somewhere else. Some lucky guy from Sydney ended up buying it, basically a new set of very rare TE37’s + tyres without the ridiculous 6 month wait from Rays Engineering.

Haltech Platinum Pro - Plug and Play ECU

My policy was that I had to setup the suspension and handling dynamics as best as I could before I start adding power. A wise man named Keiichi Tsuchiya once said, what is power without control?
            After much satisfaction from the last track day out at Winton with the cars handling (although there is always room for improvement). I thought it was finally time to start chasing power with the engine basically remaining OEM for the 4 years of ownership. I purchased a used Haltech Platinum pro and I plugged it straight into the car and played around with it. HP Academy by the way has some really good resources if you want to learn the basics of engine management.

The only engine modification was the J’s RACING 70RR. After much research on F20C N/A tuning, although there are somes quantifiable gains after tuning, I didn't feel like it was worth the expense and to get big gains with an N/A F Series would require serious work. For me if it wasn’t going to drastically change the FEEL of the car, it wasn’t worth the expense just to just decrease lap times at the track. In the verge of posting the Haltech up for sale, an exciting opportunity came up.

HKS GT SUPERCHARGER KIT.

One of my favourite S2000’s of all time, the ARVOU S2000 is equipped with this Supercharger kit with proven amazing results. I was finally able to attain a kit at a reasonable price, so I pounced on it.

Why I like this kit?

- It’s a well-engineered complete kit that is easy to install, without any custom fabrication required.
            - Includes everything you need to install, except for ECU, fuel pump and fuel injectors.
            - Linear power delivery, retains the F20C’s rev happy characteristics but on potent steroids.
            - Reliable
            - It’s proven to go really fast despite its relatively low power output compared to other kits out there in the market.
            - Hopefully retains the S2000’s great handling characteristics.

I will thoroughly document the process of install which I’ll be doing at home. Finally after 4 years of ownership I will be adding real power gains. This has to be the most exciting thing I’ve done to this car and I am really looking forward to the results.
            Last edited by eskimo_firefighter; 02-11-17, 09:13 PM.

Comment

This is a really exciting time for everyone!
              1997 Honda Civic EK4
              Winton - 1:34.94
              Bryant Park clockwise - 55.58
              Bryant Park figure 8 - 61.30
              Wakefield - 1:10.16
              Phillip Island - 1:55.43

Comment

What size pulley is in your kit? I assume its just the standard size one. Keen to see how the install goes and how the lap times are affected afterwards!

Comment

Much excite seeing since the update on Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh
                    You sir win the best build/diary thread on ClubITR!
                    Haha thanks, Thanh!

Originally posted by iwearmoccos View Post
                    This is a really exciting time for everyone!
                    I am super excited!

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
                    What size pulley is in your kit? I assume its just the standard size one. Keen to see how the install goes and how the lap times are affected afterwards!

The HKS kit comes with a 120mm pulley as standard. I intend on buying a smaller pulley for extra power. Will keep this blog updated with the install! It might take a while to get used to the power but I'm confident that it will be a capable fun machine once it's all dialled in.

Originally posted by Austro View Post
                    Much excite seeing since the update on Instagram.
                    It's an exciting time indeed.

Comment

Very excited about this!!! You sneaky bugger!!

Sorry that your Wakefield trip was washed out
                      Shak's S2000

Comment

Exciting times leads to more PB times.

Can't wait to see the install!
                        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                          Very excited about this!!! You sneaky bugger!!

Sorry that your Wakefield trip was washed out
                          Hehe, seemed like a lot of people were surprised with me getting the S/C! Haha oh well, it was a heap of fun anyway

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                          Exciting times leads to more PB times.

Can't wait to see the install!
                          I can't wait either Felix!

Comment

Wakefield Park Raceway – Nugget Nationals RD.6

Current PB of 1:07.9 at Wakefield was set last year, coming into this year’s annual trip to Wakefield, I was quite confident that the car had the potential to be somewhere in the low 1:07’s at least, with the new improvements to the car since last year’s Wakefield event.

Changes from last years Wakefield.

- Z221 to Kumho V70a.
                            - Weight Reduction
                            - Improved alignment
                            - Spoon N1 to J’s RACING 70RR.

However the weather was not looking good with 100% chance of rain, estimated to be about 20-40mm.

The forecast was right. The track was drenched with standing water everywhere. I had driven up on the semi slicks (Kumho V70a) all the way from Victoria so I knew it was going to be sketchy as hell if I went on.

I ended up driving on track despite the ridiculous weather and it was a heap of fun! It was extremely challenging to say the least. Every throttle input made the rear end squirmy, with lots of throttle and steering correction required to keep the car on the track. The V70a's are surprisingly ok in the rain despite being a 50TW semi slick.

Survived the first session in torrential rain, it was quite insane driving this car in these conditions. Photo Courtesy of Ying.B

During the first session I was blacked flag. I had no idea why, maybe my rear bumper was coming off? Turns out my car exceeded the tracks decibel limit and if I exceeded it one more time, I’d be done with the day. I ended up installing the silencer on the 70RR, which made it sound pretty bad and sapped a LOT of power.

Even though a PB was impossible, I made the most out of this day as I was able to learn a lot on how to control the car in the wet.

With this being my final event for the year, this also marks the end of the N/A chapter for this car. I purchased this car back in 2014 and it’s really satisfying to see how far it has come since then. It’s now to focus on getting the supercharger on which I am really excited about.

N/A (OEMISBEST) PB’s
                            Winton – 1:33.3
                            Phillip Island – 1:48.2
                            Wakefield Park – 1:07.9

Bonus photo’s

One small off road adventure when I applied the throttle too aggressive at the fishhook, which snapped the rear out and went into the mud.

Photo’s Courtesy of Ying.B

Comment

Jesus, how was the drive up on the semis haha

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
                                Jesus, how was the drive up on the semis haha

The drive up on the semis was not as bad as I thought. Melbourne to Wakefield and back is about 1400km's with a wet track day on top, the tyres show no sign of wear.

The exhaust drones out the road noise anyway, haha. And because I rarely drive this car, it is enjoyable even cruising on the Hume.

Comment

Working...
                                X