My S2000 Weekend/Track day warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
    The exhaust drones out the road noise anyway, haha. And because I rarely drive this car, it is enjoyable even cruising on the Hume.
    It is the best when you only have to drive your fun car for fun activities. Imagine how much you'd hate it if you had to daily it! haha
    1997 Honda Civic EK4
    Winton - 1:34.94
    Bryant Park clockwise - 55.58
    Bryant Park figure 8 - 61.30
    Wakefield - 1:10.16
    Phillip Island - 1:55.43

Comment

Originally posted by iwearmoccos View Post
      It is the best when you only have to drive your fun car for fun activities. Imagine how much you'd hate it if you had to daily it! haha
      I would have probably sold this car by now if it was a daily in it's current configuration!
      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Craft Square Touring Competition Mirrors

Superb quality set of carbon fibre mirrors from Japan. One unforeseen benefit of these mirrors is that there is no longer any blind spots due to the extra width and shape of the mirrors, so lane changing is much easier. The mirrors are significantly lighter than the OEM mirrors, couldn't be bothered weighing it up though. Otherwise I basically bought them for aesthetics.

In the mean time, I am trying to enjoy the car as much as I can in its N/A form as the S/C build will commence relatively soon.

Comment

Mirrors look nice, but how's the supercharger install going?

Comment

Looking good!
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
              Mirrors look nice, but how's the supercharger install going?
              Thanks ChargeR, hasn't begun. I have posted Vol.1 of my Chequebook Racing chapter though.

Originally posted by felixR View Post
              Looking good!
              Thanks Bossman FelixR.

Chequebook Racing – Vol.1

After purchasing the HKS GT Supercharger kit, I knew I needed some supporting modifications to run this kit. It will be a decent leap in power so I have been doing a fair bit of research on the best approach on this to hopefully get this car reliable with boost on the track.

DeatschWerks "DW200" 255lph LPH High Flow In-Tank Fuel Pump

More power requires a higher flowing fuel pump. This kit is S2000 specific and has everything required for install. It flows 255 litres per hour which is more than sufficient for the s/c kit. It is also Ethanol compatible.

Continental Flex Fuel Sensor for E85/98Octane

After much contemplation I decided to convert this car into using E85, the main reasons are for the safety of the engine and for more power. As the car will be running much more power, E85 was the choice of fuel. I am also lucky that I live 5 mins from the nearest United that stocks E85. E85 at united is has an octane rating of 107.

To summarise the benefits of E85 and why I think it’s awesome.

1. Resistant to detonation, ability to add more timing and boost, this is if I were to ever go with a smaller pulley.
              2. It runs cooler, therefore the engine will run within safer operating temperatures.

The plan is to still retain the ability to run 98 Octane as I wouldn’t be able to make it back home from the track and certain destinations solely on E85. The S2000 can carry a surprising amount of cargo so I think I can make this work.

Injector Dynamics ID1050X

These are apparently the best injectors you can get in the market. 1050cc seems overkill for the HKS GT kit however these apparently have great low flow performance which larger injectors seems to struggle with based off the internet, as apparently going oversized can potentially harm low throttle performance, cause idling issues and are potentially more difficult to tune. However most tuners out there highly recommend these and right now these are the smallest capacity of injectors that ID currently offers for their current generation.
              It is also compatible with all types of fuel including E85.

Haltech/Racepak IQ3 display dash

A second-hand purchase of Gumtree at a reasonable price, thanks to good guy Shak for picking this up for me and sending it off to me.

Previously I have been slack with installing some means of monitoring the engine temperatures. However, I cannot take this approach with potentially doubling its power output.
              The reason for going with the Racepak is that it connects straight into the Haltech Platinum Pro with a single harness. This allows me to view any input value that is already in the car without any additional sensors. I will have access to heaps of Data that I wouldn’t even know what to do with it, the more you know the better I like to think. It also has a shift light up top and looks pretty cool when turned on.

Obviously, there is now no requirement now for some standalone gauges like Defi’s, all the information that I will ever need will be within this dash.

Why aren’t you putting the Supercharger Kit in already you might ask?

I am still awaiting on a few more parts before I commence the install. I am mainly waiting on an oil cooler to lower the oil temperatures and this sits right behind the intercooler and a new exhaust. ETA January 2018. In the meantime, I will prepare myself as best as I can for the install. It is a slow process, but it will be worth the wait.
              Last edited by eskimo_firefighter; 11-12-17, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Very nice update Pete!
                The mirrors look awesome! My Apr were about 2kg lighter than stock so I assume the crafts quare being a bit larger would be about 1.5kg

Shak tricked us all and told us the race pack was for him haha
                Getting closer to install now. Exciting!

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Great update as usual Pete. Exciting times ahead!
                  Skibeemo.com

Comment

Glad I could be of help to you Pete! I've got the same mirrors which have been sitting in a box for a year now. After seeing how great they look on your car I may finally install them.

I hope everything goes smoothly for you with the whole SC kit installation.
                    Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
                      Very nice update Pete!
                      The mirrors look awesome! My Apr were about 2kg lighter than stock so I assume the crafts quare being a bit larger would be about 1.5kg

Shak tricked us all and told us the race pack was for him haha
                      Getting closer to install now. Exciting!

Thanks Todd. The internet says that the Craftsquares weight 510grams or so.

Haha, what a tricky guy Shak is.

Originally posted by chaumeh View Post
                      Great update as usual Pete. Exciting times ahead!
                      Thanks Thanh!

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                      Glad I could be of help to you Pete! I've got the same mirrors which have been sitting in a box for a year now. After seeing how great they look on your car I may finally install them.

I hope everything goes smoothly for you with the whole SC kit installation.
                      Thanks heaps Shak. Definitely install them! I pretty much put them on as soon as I got them, it's an easy install. You may need a swivel neck socket to reach the three nuts that hold the OEM mirror.

I'll definitely take my time with the install and prep and make sure it's 100% before heading onto the track.

Comment

Damn! Light as! I think my Apr were around 700g.just figured the craft squares being bigger would be heavier

Comment

Excited to see what power you make with the SC and E85! Few questions for you. Did you find a noticeable difference in brake fade or pad life with the honed brake ducts? I'm thinking of getting a Recaro RS-G, I'm 80kg 32 waist, do you think this will be a comfortable fit? What rails did you match with your seat? I'm looking for just slightly lower that stock.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by nikos2k View Post
                            Excited to see what power you make with the SC and E85! Few questions for you. Did you find a noticeable difference in brake fade or pad life with the honed brake ducts? I'm thinking of getting a Recaro RS-G, I'm 80kg 32 waist, do you think this will be a comfortable fit? What rails did you match with your seat? I'm looking for just slightly lower that stock.

Thanks!
                            Hey mate, to be honest I've never had any issues with brake fade in the S2000. I usually do very few hot laps in my sessions so my brakes don't cook that easily. Unfortunately I actually broke one of my Honed brake ducts as I came off at Wakefield a year ago, I will be looking to replace the air guides with the Honed Version 2 air guides. Once I get a replacement I will document pad life, however the car will be running more power which will strain the brakes more so it would be hard to compare. Honed has a article showing the effectiveness of the brake guides which quantifies the improvement in brake temp.

I am a size 32, weigh around the same and 179cm, and I fit in the Recaro RS-G just fine. It's quite a comfortable seat for me, I can do interstate trips with the seat without any issues. The rails are Recaro rails with Recaro side mounts. The seat sits lower than the stock seat by about 1-2 inches I'd say, I found this improved the driving position as my knees are now no where near the steering wheel. In general a bucket seat is such a nice upgrade over the OEM leather seat when it comes to performance driving.

Comment

Requesting status of supercharger install.
                              1997 Honda Civic EK4
                              Winton - 1:34.94
                              Bryant Park clockwise - 55.58
                              Bryant Park figure 8 - 61.30
                              Wakefield - 1:10.16
                              Phillip Island - 1:55.43

Comment

Originally posted by iwearmoccos View Post
                                Requesting status of supercharger install.
                                +1.

Comment

Working...
                                X