No announcement yet.

Symphorced's new Type R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice car guy, thanks for sharing. Will the upcoming day in May be the track debut for this car?

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
      Hmm, I had a suspicion the oem bilsteins didnt go that low from factory. do u know what the oem spring rates are on the bilsteins. As you know I was watching a few modified FD's from japan and they all run 18kg all around springs!
      Actually tried having a bit of a look when I first purchased the car as I thought they were quite soft. No information to be found anywhere on them. Hell, there's even no English manual for the series 8s. Makes it a pain to wire anything up because the loom is completely different to the Australia s6 and s7.

Originally posted by TOU93 View Post
      A rotory engine is practically a 2 stroke, it uses oil to work properly. If you keep this in mind and check you oil level very regularly, use a high quality oil and don't thrash the life out of it cold, you shouldn't have a problem.

I've had a few mates over the years that have had some quite powerful FC RX7s over the years and they have never had a problem, CCat converters on the other hand, they kept melting them.
      Yep. My belief is that a rotary engine can be just as reliable as a conventional piston engine. It's just a lot more punishing if you don't take care (whether it be maintenance, mods or tune).

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
      Nice car guy, thanks for sharing. Will the upcoming day in May be the track debut for this car?
      I really want it to be. I've currently got a spot that I've yet to pay for. I've been to-ing and fro-ing about it since I got the email on Wednesday. If I do, I'll be tracking as it is now with very little preparation apart from fluid changes due to finances. My main concern are my unknown branded brake pads which were placed in during compliance and RDA slotted rotors which I've heard many cases of cracking under track conditions.

I'll make my mind up by the end of this week. Still undecided at this point - in fact, I've changed my mind about it twice in the last 24 hours. Had almost convinced myself to withdraw yesterday.

Comment

Cant beat the sound of a rotary, looks immaculate in person!

Comment

Beautiful car!

Glad you did the AST first
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by Symphorced View Post
            I really want it to be. I've currently got a spot that I've yet to pay for. I've been to-ing and fro-ing about it since I got the email on Wednesday. If I do, I'll be tracking as it is now with very little preparation apart from fluid changes due to finances. My main concern are my unknown branded brake pads which were placed in during compliance and RDA slotted rotors which I've heard many cases of cracking under track conditions.

I'll make my mind up by the end of this week. Still undecided at this point - in fact, I've changed my mind about it twice in the last 24 hours. Had almost convinced myself to withdraw yesterday.
            No pressure guy, I was more so asking if you were going to head to a track day before then . You won't have a better opportunity for the maiden voyage than EXE, at least you'll have a full support crew there .

Comment

Originally posted by stalis View Post
              Cant beat the sound of a rotary, looks immaculate in person!
              Thanks Stalis.

Originally posted by felixR View Post
              Beautiful car!

Glad you did the AST first
              Thanks Felix. Though I do think the OEM AST gets a bad pretty bad rap. Would take the OEM AST over a lot of the poor quality aftermarket ones that are sold.

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
              No pressure guy, I was more so asking if you were going to head to a track day before then . You won't have a better opportunity for the maiden voyage than EXE, at least you'll have a full support crew there .
              Was never going to happen before May! Have regrettably bit the bullet and shot off the email this afternoon withdrawing my entry.

You're right about the support crew part. Though if I blow anything up, I'm not sure the amount of helping hands will play much of a part in anything. Maybe in pushing the car onto a trailer...

Comment

very very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Symphorced View Post
                  Maybe in pushing the car onto a trailer...
                  Yeah, not helping you there mate. Got my own car to push.

Comment

Originally posted by butter View Post
                    Yeah, not helping you there mate. Got my own car to push.
                    You're meant to be my tow car.

Anyways, been a busy weekend working on my wheels. So basically, after seeing this done on a few other member's wheels, I thought I'd give it a shot and see how it would suit my car/wheels. Spent most of the weekend getting it "just right" and I think it turned out pretty damn good. Let me know what you guys think.

I dub it the RE30SL:

PS: Love you long time Huy.

Comment

Loooooooooooooooooooooool
                      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Umm, I'm not sure if you guys are serious...
                        S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Looking good man. convinced me to SL my wheels too!

Comment

o wow, looks sooo good, can't wait to get my RE30's too i'll make it RE30SL too
                            BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                            APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                            Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                            NSEX

Comment

lol.. so good.
                              ClubITR | Like

Comment

RE30SL?
                                More like RE30TW (Tim wong)
                                Love your work swaglord!!
                                1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                                1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                                2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                                F1 Nut

Comment

Working...
                                X