Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455

Thread: Todd's new S2000

Super User

https://trackbuilt.wordpress.com/201...t-1-wakefield/

First trackday of 2018 done and dusted. Re71r went great!

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Super User

Updates!

Got my Js Racing side skirts back from Jeremy and the guys at prowraps and graphics and got them on the car a few weekends back. They turned out awesome! I thought they may have given me some issues getting out of my driveway sitting so low but they're fine.
    Shouldn't see any aero benefit but they look nice
    Also met up with some old high school friends that I hadn't really seen in a few years. Apparently everyone has acquired nice cars recently. Went for a morning drive up old pac and just hung out/took some pics. Was nice to actually drive the car just for a cruise not just to/from a trackday on the highway. Might try and drive the car a little more this year.If you're friends with me on Facebook you'll have seen a few weeks ago the car had started making a really bad ticking noise. I was very concerned at first as my first thought went to bottom end knock but after checking everything I couldn't find anything wrong. I knew the motor was healthy as the car had sat for months and was in tip top shape before that. Still I posted the problem up on fb (bad idea) and had people throwing everything at me. I tried to fix the issue by replacing the TCT but no luck. In the end it turned out to be such a simple fix it's laughable. When I did my new battery tray I had to remove a bracket that an emissions resistor/motor attached to. I just slipped the clip over the chassis rail to hold it in place. Turns out this just resonated the motors tick/noise through the car into the cabin. Quick two minute fix and the car is back to normal. No more stress and smsp has been booked for next Friday!
    Along with the new TCT I ordered a new bumper rubber as the old one had cracked and split.

Last edited by Toddxxx; 20-02-18 at 08:33 AM.

Car is looking good! Knew it would be fine if you just sent it.

Super User

Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR View Post
    Car is looking good! Knew it would be fine if you just sent it.
    Thanks Tom. And yeah haha wise advice. After doing the trackday and the car staying the same I knew it wasn't motor related. Glad it was such a simple fix.

Super User

Update part 2

More weight reduction took place recently. I removed the rear bootlid arms, tension bars and lock set up. This totaled another 2.4kg taken out of the car. Obviously needing a bootlid I began looking at other options to lock it on the car. Eventually I used the evasive v3 s2000 as inspiration and copied their aerocatch/spring latch set up. This set up added 400g back into the car so a total of 2kg saved.
    The aerocatch latches used on top lock the bootlid in place and having the key locks allow me to lock it when using the car in public. The spring latches then hold the boot down on the back edge and stop it from moving around. This now makes the bootlid and wing set up a 1 piece removalable set up.
    Install was pretty straight forward. Cutting the bootlid wasn't as stressful as the bonnet for whatever reason. Just lots of measuring and marking first.

Eventually when my new centre mount wing arrives I'll be chassis mounting it and running the stands through the bootlid so this mod will come in very handy then.

Last edited by Toddxxx; 20-02-18 at 09:12 AM.

Car looks great Todd, the new wing is going to really top it off.

How is jacking up the car from the side now?

Super User

Quote Originally Posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
    Car looks great Todd, the new wing is going to really top it off.

How is jacking up the car from the side now?
    Thanks Pete. Can't wait to get the wing and test it out. Want to chassis mount it but that will require a lot of work. Might just mount it normally first then go from there.

And jacking is a little harder. Can only go straight on now. No more angles so need to make sure I have plenty of room to move the jack arm