No announcement yet.

Freakygeek's new ride - Project: NSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R and NSX in the same garage!! One can only wish! Baller' Yo!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinfox
    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Hehe, cheers guys

A few little updates :-

Fresh new set of Bridgestone RE002 getting fitted today. The rear tyres were stuffed and the front tyres were near new but the wrong size - he had 205/55 R15 fitted, whereas it needs 205/50 R15. The size difference affects the Traction Control, making it intervene too early as it thinks the rear wheel speed is too high compared to the front. Fortunately turning off the TCS is just a simple button press

Unfortunately my Air-con regas was a failure - there is a broken/perished O-ring on one of the lines, which is a cheap fix but the line is difficult to get to. I'll have to get to that job later. It's great to know that the system works and blows cold air though!

Ordered some SoS engine glass cover gas struts, as mine don't hold the glass up any more. The SoS ones also give better access to the engine bay as they allow the glass to open higher. Looking forward to getting these!

Also ordered a set of braided brake lines as one of my lines has a slight weep. Will need front brake pads soon so I'll decided on a plan for the brakes.
      | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Sexy sexy car... If you organise the mega meet, please make it in July after I come back from overseas! Keen to see an NSX in real life =D.

Comment

Request for photos of the NSX and the DC2R next to each other How much bigger is the NSX compared to the DC2R?
          You planning to upgrade the brakes since you are changing the brake lines and pads?

Comment

Phwoaa, congratulations. You're living the ultimate Honda dream with the fireblade and NSX.
            1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

After July sounds realistic for the Mega Cruise. Might need to bring both the DC2 and the NA1 somehow hehe...

Yes, hopefully this weekend I can get some pics of the cars next to each other. The NSX is incredibly low, it seems like the roof only comes halfway up the glass on the DC2.

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Mannnn, it must've been the 40k one on carsales which disappeared recently. I'll trade in my dc5r plus cash your way? Hehe congrats. Im hoping to get one soon.
                Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

No, it was never listed for sale... My uncle owned it

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
                    100% supreme outcome mate, you have well and truly scored
                    ... retired/

Comment

+1 to mega cruise!

So very very jealous, I can only hope to own such an amazing car one day.

I know it is down the track, but any ideas on what exhaust you will get? I already have my favourite NSX exhaust
                      ClubITR: "Cruising 3-wide on the bridge like BOSSES!!" ~ crashprash

My FlickR
                      My TumblR

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
                        Oh hot damn. That must've been a sweet deal you got going then. Can't wait to see it in real life
                        Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Omg. So nice.

Comment

Originally posted by EK Lover View Post
                            +1 to mega cruise
                            Definitely. It will be a great weekend when it happens!

So very very jealous, I can only hope to own such an amazing car one day.
                            I really didn't think I could have one for at least another few years, I had to postpone some other projects to make it happen but I couldn't miss the opportunity since it is so hard to find manual NSXs. I mean we would all love a manual NA2 NSX but finding one for sale is next to impossible. I will keep my eye out... Or perhaps just build this one into my ideal car.

I know it is down the track, but any ideas on what exhaust you will get? I already have my favourite NSX exhaust
                            Not too sure actually! I don't want to make the car obnoxious but some exhaust note would be awesome. I'd really like to hear the Toda system. It looks sexual, lol

Comment

Oh, I meant to ask, what is your fav NSX exhaust EK?

Comment

looks sick mate, will look out for it around town. see you go to the same carwash as me too haha, nice!
                                i've driven my car about 6k this year already commuting to sydney, paint is destroyed though since it also sleeps outside all day everyday

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Working...
                                X