Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OEM Rails, Aftermarket Rails, Airbags and the like.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM Rails, Aftermarket Rails, Airbags and the like.

Need a little help on this.

So I've bought myself a reclinable bucket seat. Some questions about fitting it up.

Question 1:

The seat is a used Bride Gias II recliner - as such, it is a bottom mount seat.

Will OEM DC5R Recaro seats fit these seats? I ask this because I have been told rails such as the Bride RO, BuddyClub and the Vision Super Low fit both the DC5 Recaro and the Bride, so I wonder if it works for the OEM rail?

Also, my research has led me to inconclusive answers - while some sources say they don't, Alex here says he believes they do:

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...fitting-in-DC5

And same thing here:

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.p...n-bride-seats/

Question 2:

I know I can disable the SRS light using a 2.2 Ohm 5 W resistor in place of the airbag plug... and I know how to do so but...

If I did not connect a resistor the socket, and learnt to ignore the resulting SRS light... when I choose to go back to stock seating, will it be as simple plugging them back in, resetting the SRS light via the paperclip method, will all be fine and dandy? Or will I have to go to the dealearship and have them fix it?

While some threads (CRSX) say paperclip resets work, others say going to a dealer is a necessity. That, and a thread on here said that someone had to get Dedy at Top One to reset it, though no reference was made to how.

Question 3:

I have been told that even a slight of static can set the air bags off...

Say that I use the resistor disabler trick... hypothetically, if a hard bump manages to dislodge the resistor... will my airbag be set off? Or will I just get the SRS light of death? (And as above, paperclip reset viable solution?)

While I have been told that only the impact detectors can set off the air bag, it worries me that it would cost me a shit load in case of the resistor dislodging!

Question 4:

Can anyone come up with a more secure way of disabling the air bag light? Does anyone know where to source the same socket that is used for the air bag connector - seat end?

Any help is appreciated!

Answer to question 1.

You should have no issue with using SR4 rails on the Gias.

I'm using OEM SR3 (same mounting points on the seat) rails for my Gias in my DC2.

The only thing is you will be using 4 mounting points (rather than the 6 on the oem rails), and you'll need longer nuts/screws.

Comment

Thanks for the verification mate! Just went ahead and bought myself some SR4 OEM Rails! Let's hope everything lines up!

Comment

i had a set of sr3 and SR4 on my dc2 rails and ctr rails. I now have a set of evo 8 recaros on dc2r rails. as long as the holes line up then it should be all good.

Comment

Q3. Not that ive come across this. But from a electrical point of view. Static will not have enough current to set off the air bags. Use the resister. And just wrap it in elect tape!

Q4. You could always install the resister closer to the module. But this will involve cutting the wirer! So i wouldnt!
          sigpic
          128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Working...
          X