DC5 Rotors Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 Rotors Thread

Thought I'd make a thread with all DC5 rotor related questions combined into one since we have one for Brake pads.

My question - looking at DC5 Base/Luxury front rotors, these are same size as our dc5/ep3 rear rotors. Having said that can we fit the front base/luxury rotor onto the rear of our DC5?
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
    Thought I'd make a thread with all DC5 rotor related questions combined into one since we have one for Brake pads.

My question - looking at DC5 Base/Luxury front rotors, these are same size as our dc5/ep3 rear rotors. Having said that can we fit the front base/luxury rotor onto the rear of our DC5?
    yes, i believe so, the caliper design across the DC5 is completely the same.
    I'm currently using 3GD EBC Slotted and dimpled Rotors and are finding them very good. Done 3 track days on them and still doing well and has no cracking.
    Very please with these and in better news, RDA has bought the design of EBC as EBC are no longer producing them which means the wait times for these have shorten as EBC Rotors are made in the UK.

Comment

Should we invite all models into this thread, much like the brake pad thread? I can change the title if you wish?

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post

So you want to fit the front rotors off a base model DC5 to the rear of a DC5R/S? No you can't do that without a different calliper, the front base model rotor is ventilated and probably more than twice as thick as the stock DC5R/S rear rotor so it won't fit.

Comment

Hey Alex,

I noticed on EBay that DBA 2500 Series is also a fairly cheap alternative for front rotors for DC5 (though I need to check whether or not they are base/lux/R-S.

~ $200 for a front set. MRT Performance are selling them.
        Wakefield: EG B18CR - R888 - 1.09.9
        Eastern Creek: DC5R - RE001/ER300 - 2.00.8
        Winton: DC5R - RE001 - 1.45.9

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
          Should we invite all models into this thread, much like the brake pad thread? I can change the title if you wish?

So you want to fit the front rotors off a base model DC5 to the rear of a DC5R/S? No you can't do that without a different calliper, the front base model rotor is ventilated and probably more than twice as thick as the stock DC5R/S rear rotor so it won't fit.
          Hey Tom,

Yes I think the alteration of the title would be perfect to include FN2 and EP3 owners!

Thanks for clearing that up too Tom. Also its been awhile since I seen any replies on this thread. I was also wrong. I assumed the front base/luxury DC5 rotors were the same size as all rear dc5/ep3 rotors. Their not. the fronts are slightly bigger than the rears. But thanks for confirming you cannot fit them to the rear.

Originally posted by munkaii View Post
          Hey Alex,

I noticed on EBay that DBA 2500 Series is also a fairly cheap alternative for front rotors for DC5 (though I need to check whether or not they are base/lux/R-S.

~ $200 for a front set. MRT Performance are selling them.
          Wow, thats not bad Kevin!

Mind posting a link so that anyone vieiwng this thread may look into the rotors from MRT.
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Does "JDM" DC5R Rear rotors use the same rotors as our AUDM DC5R/S Rear rotors? I'm looking to change the rear rotors after I did my full brembo conversion and just want to make sure I'm getting the right parts.

Comment

Nobbie question....Just wondering if we can fit TypeS front roter and brake into Base Dc5 without modification ?

Comment

Originally posted by LiteX View Post
                Does "JDM" DC5R Rear rotors use the same rotors as our AUDM DC5R/S Rear rotors? I'm looking to change the rear rotors after I did my full brembo conversion and just want to make sure I'm getting the right parts.
                No. The AUDM DC5R rear rotor is different to the JDM DC5R rear rotor.

Comment

Originally posted by spacemaster View Post
                  Nobbie question....Just wondering if we can fit TypeS front roter and brake into Base Dc5 without modification ?
                  Yes, you can. Both rotor and caliper need to swapped in.

Comment

Its one od the best mods if not the best performance mod u do to a base model. Simply becauzs its a tough go trying to find a pad for front base calupers
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

Originally posted by butter View Post
                      No. The AUDM DC5R rear rotor is different to the JDM DC5R rear rotor.
                      Any idea where I can find rear rotors for the JDM DC5R? From JDMYard http://www.jdmyard.com/index.php?rou...product_id=701

I know the JDM rear brakes uses the same pads as AUDM Rear brakes so I thought the rotor would be same aswell.

Comment

Working...
                      X