Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Track Tyres Thread - experiences only...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

225's will sit better on 8.5'
    BYP Racing & Developments
    Built. Tuned. Driven
    Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

225's on a 9" is too much stretch (speaking from experience) and the centre of the tyres will heat up alot more than it should whilst the outside of tyres won't be used to their full potential also causing un-even tyre wear.
      S2000
      WSID : TBA
      Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
      Smooth As Detailing
      Incar Racing

Comment

^ Really.. interesting you should get a temperature pryometer and measure the temps and report back.
        Built. Tuned. Driven

Comment

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
          the centre of the tyres will heat up alot more.
          doesn't that mean the tyre is over inflated?
          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
            ^ Really.. interesting you should get a temperature pryometer and measure the temps and report back.
            Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
            doesn't that mean the tyre is over inflated?
            Experienced this at 2012 Honda Nationals, Had a another bloke there which a infared temp measuring thingy and the centre was way hotter than the outsides,
            We dropped my tyre Pressure by a considerable amount each time i went out to a point where any lower would be dangerous and still the temperatures were
            no good and even just by visual inspection you could see the centre rubber was more burnt than the outsides.
            S2000

Flippit Photography
            Smooth As Detailing
            Incar Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
              We dropped my tyre Pressure by a considerable amount each time i went out to a point where any lower would be dangerous .
              to what pressure?
              ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                to what pressure?
                Started with 36 cold I remember as that is my Daily driving pressure. Went down to possibly 25-26 cold (Not 100% though can not remember entirely I just remember we couldnt go any less the boys were telling me)
                S2000

Flippit Photography
                Smooth As Detailing
                Incar Racing

Comment

What kind of tyre are you on?
                  Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

street tyres with those cold pressures? What was your alignment like?
                    Built. Tuned. Driven

Comment

Flippit what were your hot pressures? ie. coming off the track. Cold pressures are irrelevant. I didn't have any problems with with a 225/45 Dunlop Z1 on 17x9 at the rear of my car, but of course that is the rear and I didn't bother taking any tyre temperatures. I used to run around the 39-40psi mark hot.

Comment

I no it says experience, Which i have non of on the track. my question is. has any one used Hankook Ventus R-S3 for track work. Im looking for a tire for both road and track. As its a week end car. And im due for 2 new tires before rego. Thanks
                        sigpic
                        128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by Berty View Post
                          What kind of tyre are you on?
                          Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
                          street tyres with those cold pressures? What was your alignment like?
                          Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                          Flippit what were your hot pressures? ie. coming off the track. Cold pressures are irrelevant. I didn't have any problems with with a 225/45 Dunlop Z1 on 17x9 at the rear of my car, but of course that is the rear and I didn't bother taking any tyre temperatures. I used to run around the 39-40psi mark hot.
                          I'm on RE002's 225/45/17
                          I believe my hot pressures were around 34 ish?
                          2.5degree camber and I believe 0 toe.
                          S2000

Flippit Photography
                          Smooth As Detailing
                          Incar Racing

Comment

26 psi cold is really low.... Your daily settings of 36 psi would have been a good starting point. I'd aim to get them around the 40psi mark hot.
                            Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Berty View Post
                              26 psi cold is really low.... Your daily settings of 36 psi would have been a good starting point. I'd aim to get them around the 40psi mark hot.
                              Initially thats what I thought Berty, I ran 36 PSI on my first practice session, came back in it was sittin on about 43-44 from memory and it was just soooo glassy like on the track esp the last corner.

My best times came from a 34 hot I believe 1:13.8
                              S2000

Flippit Photography
                              Smooth As Detailing
                              Incar Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                                I no it says experience, Which i have non of on the track. my question is. has any one used Hankook Ventus R-S3 for track work. Im looking for a tire for both road and track. As its a week end car. And im due for 2 new tires before rego. Thanks
                                I've used Hankook RS3s for one track day and can't fault it. I haven't had much track experience though but compared to the mismatched Toyo R1Rs and Bridgestone Potenza RE050A I used for my first two track days, the RS3s were amazing. Might want something with a higher treadwear rating for daily though.

Comment

Working...
                                X