Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[QLD] ClubITR EOMM - Past the Border Cruise to Byron Bay - 2nd December - Reflection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QLD] ClubITR EOMM - Past the Border Cruise to Byron Bay - 2nd December - Reflection

Hey guys, this is the reflection thread for the previous cruise to Byron Bay. I will shortly have pictures up shortly, hopefully by tonight if nothing gets in the way. I will write up about the cruise after pictures are all up.

Comment

Comment

So the reflection goes like this.

We started off at WOW Oxley for the premeet before heading off to Yatala BP. We had a decent amount of cars that came with us to the cruise so it wasn't a fail. We headed off on the highway to Yatala BP for the official meet location, awaiting for everyone else (mainly Vincent and Rixsy). Mainly we just chatted and prepared ourselves for the long drive through the back roads to NSW.

We then left Yatala BP after everyone got together and made our way for a short stop to Tamborine Mtn. For final checks and grab snacks and water incase anyone didnt. Few of the people had left as they were not prepared to go that far south and they headed their own way to GC. So we then made our long trip all the way to NSW. We used the hwy route as it was the easiest but very tight tight twisty stuff further down, which was alot of fun. But everytime Vincent and I went fast, we ended up loosing the rest of the group and then having to wait for them on the side of the road of slowing down to 20km LOL but we just had slower cars with us so couldnt do much. There wasnt much photos as I didn't have any good photographer to take photos of the event. On our way to lismore, things started to become crazy ... just on the straight road cruising to Lismore before Byron Bay ... the Sportivo ended up blowing the block driving normally, we then found out that it was a oil pump failure which seemed to be the most common problem with them. Luckily we had a car which had a tow bar and towing rope which was quite useful the tow it down the rd 1km to Lismore and left it there and moved on with the cruise.

We then finally ended up in Byron Bay, unfortunately because of the issue we had in Lismore with the blown engine ... we just missed out on pub lunch at Beach Hotel which was unfortunate but there were many other places to eat ... we ended up at a Fish and Chips restaurant which was ideal, not expensive and enjoy the view of Byron. We mainly just ate, chat and chilled there for several hours and then everyone made their way back home on the Pacific Hwy. Nothing too special as the outcome was alot smaller that expected. "Apparently" we were supposed to see at least 25 cars, according to numbers on the event but that never happened. Oh well next time the cruise will be a much closer and more smooth transistion. Be prepared for the next CITR EOMM next year after the festive end of year 2012 ... I have plans to make our next one at Cloudland for a few drinks and pub food/dinner there (cause I work there :]). That will not be till end of January though as the transition to 2013 will be busy for some people.

Hope everyone enjoyed the cruise and hope to see everyone at the next meet. Take care always!

Stephen

Comment

Nice coverage and reflection Stephen. Love your work!

Posted on the front page - http://clubitr.com.au/qld-past-the-b...-december-2012
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Nice one Steven!

Why does everyone from QLD have cool number plates
            Shak's S2000

Comment

dat ep3.. fuu, anymore pics of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                Nice one Steven!

Why does everyone from QLD have cool number plates
                Because the QLD personalized plate system isn't shit like NSW's.

Comment

nice turnout! that purple civic looks sick!

Comment

Working...
                  X