No announcement yet.

Bryan's DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling the B with gearbox...any one need a replacement engine?

Comment

Will be a rocket with the K-series!
      Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

I'm hoping Berty! Can probably bump 1:10 at Wakefield with the B18, so as long as I have the courage, 1:09s. Will be interesting to see what I can get to at HNats next year - I did 1:41...screaming like a little girl going into the sweeper.

Benny couldn't stop laughing and just telling me to floor it.

Comment

Maybe some competition in group 4 next year with the K!

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

So Circuit Club Labour Day weekend gone...

I did get 1:09 as expected, and reasonably easily...cooked the brakes and the tyres were shot by then so low 9s or 8s will be the target. Benny Tran did a 1:07 in the car with myself on board, so easily in the 6s if I let him loose with proper tyres.

Love the K swap and close ratio box, and have to think differently about how to drive this vs the B18 - such as using 4th instead of 3rd coming down the hill and after the fish hook, getting into 5th down the straight, etc.

Unfortunately, it looks like this will be the last track day for the year

Comment

Excellent work bryan! Can only get faster from here!

Comment

A few more mods happening!

When I had the Hybrid Racing shifter fitted, i chose to be cheap and not have the adaptor plate...but realised it was pretty ugly without. Plus it gives a bit more height to the shifter, which makes it that much closer to the steering wheel, which will ultimately translate into .0001sec faster shift.
                BC19C41A-4D54-42CA-A5DE-381DFD8F664D.jpeg

Ti exhaust! The aluminium one was starting to “move” quite a lot, and at the couple of short sections in between the bends, had actually ovalised.
                02037563-294D-4531-A0AC-53503832B36A.jpeg

DB177524-53A2-4BD8-B1CD-EBD7ADC084B0.jpeg

I used to have the exhaust exit through the diffuser but to save a bit of cost, Benny (BYP) suggested we lower the diffuser (it was a bit high) and just let the tip go straight out. He’s been really good in this way - suggesting ways to reduce cost for me through this whole process.
                C5D651BB-BC6C-414E-B646-D519D8F1AD96.jpg

And a few more surprises which I’m really excited about - one black and round, the other...330mm.
                Last edited by Apu; 01-11-17, 03:38 PM.

Comment

new wheels, and steering wheel? or new bbk?
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

Yeah I'm going with bbk and steering wheel

Comment

There you have it in one photo! New 17” Prodrive wheels and yes, BBK!

2A1EA23E-5401-4750-B66B-DC4E21F2011A.jpeg

The wheels are 17x7.5 +45 so had to use 15mm spacers. The brakes were bought for the FN2R but ended up on the DC2R instead! Makes more sense to have them on the track car as they are 30mm larger.

The Works Engineering brakes will eventually go onto the FN2R.

I did fit a new steering wheel a couple of months back for HNats.

Comment

Finished! Picking it up tomorrow, and can’t wait for the next All Honda track day!

793C1346-5DA3-438A-9A83-6ED48D2CFCFB.jpeg

Comment

Looks good! Any reason for 17s all round as opposed to stagger?

Comment

I was going to just get wider tyres in the front but the Kumhos were on sale and the didn’t have the wider 235 I wanted for the front (in medium compound).

Plus I can rotate 4 tyres around since they are the same size.

Comment

I needed to roll the guards to fit the bigger wheels, and decided to do it myself since I’ve been spending quite a lot on the car.

So I bought a roller off eBay...it doesn’t work well with a car on coilovers, so had to cut it so short, it’ll probably never work on another car ever again. Then I proceeded, with difficulty, to roll the guards (partially)...and crack the paint.

F7046B05-9688-4216-B852-C51FE0E7B97E.jpg

In all fairness, I was prepared for the paint to crack anyway, so didn’t really bother me. I’ll hit it with some touch up paint and might end up respraying (or wrapping) the car in a year or so as their are cracks appearing in the paintwork on bumper and other areas...like the right side door...when I jammed it into a pillar...and again into a wall.

Anyway, I then decided to call it quits with the roller and did it the old fashioned way with a BFH. Mallet actually. Then spaced the front guards out.

2112871D-5E53-455B-B8A2-6274FFE48BAF.jpg

Turned out better using the mallet. Should have saved myself that $80 on the roller.

Comment

Brute force always

Comment

Working...
                                X