Bryan's DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bryan's DC2R

So I guess this is where I introduce myself and my "new" toy, a red 2000 DC2R I picked up from a single owner, female, stock standard with full service history in Canberra!

I had an EG VTi way back in the mid 90s, bought it new, loved it but along the way wandered into Euro cars (Golf, Alfas) then kids came along...which some might understand resulted in a long hiatus.

The track bug bit again last year and I bought an MX5 (which you can see in the background of the pic) as a track pig...which of course got prettied up along the way.

Anyway, I recently spotted this unmolested DC2R and I just had to have it! Here's a pic of it when I went with a friend to pick it up in Canberra. It looks fine in this photo but needs a bit of cleaning up like:

- paint is a bit faded but nothing a good polish can't fix
    - interior needs a good ol' cleaning
    - replace the boot carpet (I just went to Bunnings, bought some carpet and used the old carpet as a template)
    - the windscreen has a couple starfish cracks so might either fix or replace
    - needs to get its 170,000kms service

So, here we go! Off on another journey! Not sure how far I'll go but I'm enjoying it already!

Bryan
    Attached Files

Welcome mate. More photos of the beast.

I know where you took that pic :P
    Last edited by Hau; 23-05-12, 05:55 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome mate, cant wait to see more work on it!

So like the ride of the teg or mx5 more
      Just going for a drive ~146.4kw~

Comment

Looks great!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Thanks guys!

They're both very different cars, but I'll probably use the teg more in winter haha! The MX5 is my first RWD car. I've been a FWD driver for more 20+ years, never owned a RWD so it is very different on the track...plus it is very, very light.

The teg is heavy by comparison! But heck of a lot more power, especially from 6000rpm on!
          Last edited by Apu; 23-05-12, 08:36 PM. Reason: Gee...I've been driving more years than I care to remember...

Comment

welcome! super clean...very nice purchase!

Comment

Welcome Bryan!

Good to see you've got some plans to freshen it up
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

yo bryan!! welcome!

ps:im K.Ho

Comment

Hi Kevin and thanks guys!

I have to say i was happily going down the path with the MX5 and recently there were a few cars that triggered a return to Honda including yours Kevin. I was looking at DC5s until this DC2R popped up.

I've also got the driver's seat booked in for a bit of repair to replace the side bolster panels. The other seats appear pretty much unused!

Comment

So a few things have happened in about 4 months of ownership. I had the side bolsters on the driver seat replaced shortly after my last post. It pretty much is as good as new now!

As for the paintwork...well, let's just say I didn't realise how thin the paint was. Buff, buff...looking good! Buff...what the?! Grey! F@#%!

So the car got booked in for a respray and the I picked it up last Saturday, just in time for Honda Nats! Stole the pic below from dylancuz.

I had hoped the Works Engineering big brakes would arrive in time for Honda Nats but unfortunately not. These brakes are meant for the 2.0 FD Civic but with help from Jimmy and Benny at BYP, fitting them was a snap!

4-pot monoblock calipers with 302mm rotors! Yum Yum! Looking forward to the upcoming Circuit Club Trackday!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice DC2R, paint looked really good at honda nats! =D

Comment

Thanks William! A few buff marks showing up though...as well as fresh chips, haha!

I'll have to give it a polish soon, and I'm thinking of not putting on the Type R decals...

Comment

Hi Bryan

It's raf here - Can you pm me dc5r front brake setup thanks
                          CLEMENTE

Comment

Nice DC2 mate. Loving the brake set!

Comment

ohhh so your the owner of the REALLY RED dc2r! thing looked awesome dude!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
                              S2000
                              WSID : TBA
                              Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                              Smooth As Detailing
                              Incar Racing

Comment

Working...
                              X