No announcement yet.

Bryan's DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a fun private track day at Wakefield on Monday. Only 30 cars and plenty of lap time. My car ran the highest number of laps for the day, 68...and I left early!

I went out with the newbies to bed in the new brakes and tyres. The brakes worked really well...in fact, I think the car is now over braked. I hardly had to put the pedal all the way down.

The car is really neutral and stable through the turns. The weak link is grip - 225/45 17s all round...I need wider tyres in front...and a thicker sway bar in the back as I’d like it to move a bit. Right now there’s a lot of grip, and then understeer as the day progresses.

Did a PB of 1:08.9 (still a 1:08!) but Jimmy Tran went out and did a 1:06.7 and he reckons there’s a bit more in it. The good thing is that we have the data to show where I can improve, so looking forward to next year!

So just a few little detail things to fiddle around with over summer. One of the wiper clips broke so being a tight ass weight weenie, I’d decided to save money by not replacing that one wiper blade and instead...remove the whole wiper mechanism!

Comment

Awesome work bryan. Excited to see how much further you can push it next year!

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Todd! Looking forward to track days next year and HNats again hey?

Comment

Yep both rounds for h nats is a must. I might try and get out early next year. Can't wait til march/April haha

Comment

Had a really enjoyable day at HNats - a bit disappointed I didn’t get into the 7s but it is what it is, just need bigger gonads. My PB has dropped from 1:09 at the start of the year to 1:08.31 this time, so 1:07s next track day!

Link is from Ben Johnson chasing me. I’ll upload my video soon as I get my lazy-ass teenager to do it.
            Last edited by felixR; 23-04-18, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Had some new stickeridoos apply by Prowraps and Graphics
              5D1EB90B-8B19-49AD-973D-1225512E302B.jpg

All done!
              C243512D-68B8-43D3-81E3-1D156094DB1A.jpg

Also had the rear view mirror brackets extended with angle pieces so they’d sit further out and get a better angle.
              1D365380-FC13-488E-A655-3A39AFBD2C03.jpeg

Comment

Man your car is crazy fast leaving others for dead on the straight! Makes me want a kswap too
                Shak's S2000

Comment

Haha! Thanks Shak! K swap was the best decision - so reliable and fuss free. Can see from Ben’s video I need to work on how I get around the top of the hill and fish hook - I can make up close to a second through that whole sequence.

I get speed down the straight largely due to the gear ratios - I get into 5th about 2/3 the way down, and I can brake at the 50m marker if I wanted / had to...though not the best way to get up the hill as I end up washing off too much speed.

Mind you, the S2000s were not easy to pass on the straight.

Comment

Always wondered if you had a build thread for your DC2R! Awesome work, probably my favourite DC2R for sure! Hopefully we can do a Wakefield day with each somewhen again
                    Check out my 89' hatch track build!
                    http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...856#post295856

Check out my RT4WD Wagon Resto/Turbo project!
                    http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...951#post295951

Check out my EF9 SiR Resto build!
                    http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...?16994-The-EF9

Comment

Would be good! Going to Circuit Club on Labour Day

Comment

Circuit Club! And a new PB of 1.07 with 1.699 optimal time.

FB friends would have seen the video clip of my car shooting flames, haha! Benny Tran also took the car out and knocked out a 1.05...damn. New target to hit.

Jimmy also followed me for a few laps to watch my lines, then passed and let me trail him for a bit.

I’m on leave this week so will drop by BYP and we’ll go over all the data. They’ve really helped me drop my time by showing me where I thought I was flat on the gas...but really only feathering the throttle.

Definitely hope to be in the 6s the next track day!

Comment

Nice work Bryan! Won't be long til you're doing 1:06s I'm sure!

I need to get back out there

Comment

Dropped in at BYP and we talked about my lap a bit more. Apparently one of my fastest laps was recorded with Jimmy chasing me down, and I went into a couple of corners too hot. Missed the apex and understeered.

Also going through the data, I could knock off half a second which would put me into the 6s - hanging onto third when I should short shift into fourth, and just getting flat onto the gas.

Comment

I had an RBC intake manifold and Works Engineering 70mm TB fitted. Bumped output to 150kW, so was keen for a track day.

420D6274-EB86-456C-8583-3CDB86FE2DC9.jpeg

As it turns out, last track day of the year with Circuit Club, so brought my L-plate son along for his first track day. First timed session and he pulls off a 1:14.

He missed his next timed session but during the passenger session, he pulls off 1:11.3 on the data logger. Damn...much better than any of us expected.

Of course, he had the advantage of Benny Tran sitting with him and coaching him through the day.

Unfortunately for me, no PB as I ended a tenth off my PB.

Now for a new set of tyres.
                              Last edited by Apu; 18-11-18, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Better watch out Bryan, he'll be quicker than you soon! [emoji14]

Comment

Working...
                                X