No announcement yet.

Bryan's DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCI diffuser fitted! I might cut slots just below the muffler edge and tip so I can raise the rear of the diffuser. Don't really like the gap between the bumper.

image.jpeg

Comment

Love it!

I agree with cutting the slots to push up the diffuser.
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Made it to my last Circuit Club track day for the year.

Not a whole lot done - just trimmed the rear bumper and lifted the trailing end of the diffuser and clipped some redundant wiring in the rear of the car. And some new / refreshed vinyl.

No PB, did 1:11.9 - unfortunately had an off track excursion when I hit some fluid (will upload a video at some point). Result of that was a slightly displaced bumper, crack splitter (yay plywood) and a bent bracket that we fixed with a BFH.

IMG_0008.JPG

I reckon I'll have about two more track days on the AD08Rs before I switch to A050s.

Comment

I spy Barge Racing Team! Love that sticker. So classy.

Comment

Haha! MX5 group!

Comment

I can't believe how far your car has come... it wasn't that long ago that it was road registered.
              1988 CRX
              1999 Integra Type R
              2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Yeah...there is a tinge of regret. I should have kept it stock and restored it like you have Pete. If I had really thought about it, I should have bought a VTiR and stripped it.

That said, starting with a DC2R made it a lot easier too...and I am enjoying it very much!

Comment

Long time since last update! I'm getting the car back tonight. Had a hotdog added thanks to the noise restrictions at Wakefield, 5 point harness added for passenger and a couple of other little things...like R-spec tyres.

Importantly though, I had the ramps extended to 3.5m on the trailer. Got sick of dicking around with wooden blocks and add-on ramps.

IMG_3618.JPG

Almost as long as the car! They stick out ~20cm from the back of the trailer now apparently...haven't seen it yet. All set for HNats!

IMG_3621.JPG

Can't remember if I posted this before but the car weighs ~950kg now, and if I can scrounge the money together, I'll get polycarbonate windows.

The aluminium exhaust has held up well. No holes but it did have a bit of a bend probably due to a combination of an off track excursion and heat expansion - it's quite solidly mounted at one point.
                  Last edited by Apu; 31-05-17, 05:28 PM.

Comment

So I finally did a K-swap...

IMG_3950.JPG

Well, not really. Bought this - single owner, 2007 FN2R. Mint. Not pictured is the GP front. Has 108,000kms. No wear on the seats at all. Mate owned this but bought an RS3.

First mod will be a "downgrade" to 17" rims.

Comment

Nice one Bryan - what made you decide to add a FN2R and get rid of the Turbo MX5? I would have thought having a FF and FR car in the stable would be a good mix!

Comment

I'm guessing you bought the FN2R for daily duties!
                        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Indeed! Also trying to shrink the garage a bit - sold the MX5 and will sell the Outback when I get back from HNats. So now I have two red Type Rs...

Comment

Uh oh...looks like I've failed to stay true to the B18...

IMG_4133.jpg

IMG_4137.jpg

IMG_4134.JPG

Comment

Haha we went different ways! I went b. You went K.

I've got a few parts lying around namely one being a brand new oem timing chain tensioner!

Check out the clockwise motion drop in baffled sump too!
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

Sorry. Can see u got one too

R u going K24 or k20.

What u planning with ur old B motor
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...