No announcement yet.

Paulieee_R's MR DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man... I spent about 3 hours at work going through like 10 pages of search results on these forums. Turns out it was just on ClubRSX... After looking at that DIY, I might just do it this weekend. You're a legend!

Comment

Update!

Just spent 6 hours at Top One getting the Injen CAI and my aftermarket foglights installed.

After 3 years of having the foglights sitting in it's box at home, it took the guys about 20 minutes to cut the front lip and mount the lights.

The rest of the 6 hours were spent changing oil, and tearing the old stock intake out before replacing it with the Injen one. Then the bumper was placed back on and all the wiring was connected. There seems to be a giant empty space in my engine bay...

Before I knew it, the ECU had already been reset and the whole job was done.

There was no rattling that I could hear/feel while driving home, and I checked the foglights mounts after an hour and a half drive home in rush hour traffic. Everything was still in place and secure.

The intake has given the car a completely different feel. It just wants to be pushed harder. It has definitely melded well with the sound coming from the Megapower exhaust.

I only took so many photos with my crappy iphone 3gs, because i finished work at 8am (started at midnight), and drove in rush hour traffic from Bella Vista all the way to Top One. So I was tired and had a huge headache.

I'll take some better photos of how the lights look. No I don't have HID's, yet... I will soon enough... That should be all i'm doing to the car for the next few months, i've got a debt to repay and i need to save up to fix up engine mounts, clutch, coilovers, brakes and rims.

Shoutout to the guys at Top One, great job!
      Attached Files

Comment

How is the MegaPower R? Iv got the 60mm MegaPower and i think it is pretty loud :P hahaah
        1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
        1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
        2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
        F1 Nut

Comment

looking good there!!
          Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
            How is the MegaPower R? Iv got the 60mm MegaPower and i think it is pretty loud :P hahaah
            lol i've got the same, 60mm MegaPower. JDMYard didn't have the 70mm MegaPower R when I went to buy it. I reckon it's already loud enough as it is, it gets so loud when it's cold and on startup that it sets off other cars' alarms around it.

Comment

haha yeee, the 60mm we have is pretty good i wanted loud but not too loud, but low rumble

Should sourced it from US though, paid half of JDM Yard haha :P
              1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
              1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
              2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
              F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                looking good there!!
                Thanks!!

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
                haha yeee, the 60mm we have is pretty good i wanted loud but not too loud, but low rumble

Should sourced it from US though, paid half of JDM Yard haha :P
                Yeah I realized that AFTER I bought the exhaust at JDM Yard x_x

Comment

Update:

Just noticed I haven't updated this in a while...
                  Shortly after joining CITR, have made little progress on the modifications to the car due to lack of funding and just coming back from Holiday overseas...
                  But thanks to Alex (plAythiNG), a whole buttload of upgrades have been installed or are about to be installed...

First of all, minor upgrades went onto the car a few months back, Spoon Reservoir Covers and a Mugen Oil Cap, along with Spoon Wipers all from JDMYard.

After the installation of the Injen CAI (which has recently been covered with a Hydroshield), Dedy from TopOne told me some of the problems the car has got.
                  1. Clutch is starting to go out
                  2. Exhaust is too far back and the exhaust pipe is resting on a bit of the suspension causing some rubber to start melting
                  3. Front LCA bushing is worn out and needs replacing

So the CAI went in, and the VTEC crossover sounds great! Car just needs a tune but I can't afford to be doing that yet. Then a RetroSolutions 6000k HID kit went in, installation courtesy of Alex himself. Experienced problems with RetroSolutions when the kit ended up in Russia and didn't show up until after Alex had ordered a second kit. During installation, we found that one of the ballasts was faulty. 10 minute drive in Alex's DC5S to TopOne and Dedy supplied us with a working Ballast. After completing the install, 4150k bulbs went into the foglights, but because of a film on the foggies, the lights stayed yellow instead of going white. (Thanks to the Missus for the non-oem aftermarket foglights from Ebay)
                  MTEC LED interior lights went in, MTEC LED parkers and plate number lights went in.

Since then, Haven't done much else to the car because I'm waiting for her new SHOES to arrive!

Right now, there are a couple of things in boxes waiting to be put on the car, but it won't be done until just BEFORE the new wheels go on...

Hardrace Front & Rear Camber
                  McGard Lug Nuts
                  Front LCA Bushings
                  Hardrace Engine Mounts
                  and of course... The new shoes...! (Wheels are staying a secret until they go on, only Alex knows what they are)
                  Guards also need to be rolled to accomodate said shoes

(In the background of two of the pics, you can see my neighbour's BOM DC5S & Haters gon' Hate my Domo-kun Pillow & apparently, Stevan also knows what my new shoes will be...)
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Paulieee_R; 17-06-12, 12:58 AM.

Comment

te37?
                    Shak's S2000

Comment

Naw, I ended up deciding against TE37s, didn't think I could pull it off. Alex has convinced me to go unique. Most Red DC5's go with Gold, Black, or White wheels.

Comment

Re30s?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I considered RE30's in bronze for a while, but I was offered a set of wheels for a price I couldn't resist.

Comment

great update mate! looking forward to the new look

Comment

I think the wheels are going to be almighty grey Regamaster Evo's in 17x9 +17 (after Alex gets his white ones on). But that's just my guess haha

Comment

Moneys on regas

Comment

Working...
                                X