No announcement yet.

Paulieee_R's MR DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one thing i stick by with cars is, do it once, do it right!

Comment

Update:

My new Injen Tech SP CAI just arrived in the mail today, haven't got time to install it due to work commitments for the next 3 weeks, so I might have to get a mechanic friend of mine to install it for me while I'm at work. Pretty sure it'll mix well with the sound from the Skunk2 Megapower exhaust. I'll post pics once it's installed! Sorry if the photo quality is shocking or oversized, I take most of my photos with my oldskool iPhone 3GS.
      Attached Files

Comment

You will love the vtec crossover after installing this!!
        Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
          +1 with that

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
            Vtec :thumbup:
            i-Vtec!!

Comment

Still haven't had any opportunity to install the Injen CAI, went to the meet one Wednesday night without it installed... Then I was thinking about what else I was going to do to the car.

After talking to Alex at the meet on Wednesday, I've decided on Work Emotion CR Kais, maybe from JDMConcept? but don't know if they make them in 18x8.5 for DC5Rs and it won't be anytime soon because I can't afford wheels right now...

Then I realized the Missus bought me foggies from ebay a few years back but I've never had them installed because every auto-electrician I go to tells me I need to cut-away a part of where the foggies will sit. No way I'm putting my car under the knife unless I get a second opinion from someone who knows anything about foggies on a DC5R.

I've tried searching the forums but it doesn't seem like anybody else is having any installation problems? If I need to, I'll take photos of the foggies when i get home from work.

Comment

http://www.frsport.com/Work-Emotion-...el_p_8219.html here mate

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzo321 View Post
                  You're my new hero. They're actually not as expensive as I thought... Maybe I can get them sometime soon... Do you know what Offset would be ideal? Not really sure what comes into play when choosing wheels and stuff... +30?

Comment

Its a shame they dont make em in +22!

But seeing as the best you can choose is +30 then hell yeah!
                    you have guards rolled?

Comment

Naw, haven't had any reason to have the guards rolled. Until now... Or when I decide to get those Emotion CR Kais...

Comment

Welcome.

18x8.5 +30 is a nice size. You'll need to roll the rear. Are you intending on lowering it any more?

I noticed your initial post said that the previous owner "removed the Brembo's"... so is this a JDM DC5R? If so, you'll need to run different rims...

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                          Welcome.

18x8.5 +30 is a nice size. You'll need to roll the rear. Are you intending on lowering it any more?

I noticed your initial post said that the previous owner "removed the Brembo's"... so is this a JDM DC5R? If so, you'll need to run different rims...
                          Nope, not lowering it anymore.

Dealership I bought the car from said when the previous owner initially approached them to sell the car, it had Brembo calipers on it, but when he must've stripped it before selling it to the dealership... So... I don't really know, I don't think it is...

Comment

Originally posted by Paulieee_R View Post
                            Nope, not lowering it anymore.

Dealership I bought the car from said when the previous owner initially approached them to sell the car, it had Brembo calipers on it, but when he must've stripped it before selling it to the dealership... So... I don't really know, I don't think it is...
                            BOO!! LOWERRRR!! It's not low enough till you are rubbing on fender lining!

Hmm... it's probably running the AUDM suspension in that case... so the above rims should be good.

Comment

Haha, all right, maybe I'll lower it some more AFTER i get the new rims. Don't know about my suspension but i know the whole thing is falling apart and needs replacing...

Comment

DIY For isntalling FOggies without cutting bumper
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X