Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integra Type S - My Story

Hey Guys,

I deleted my previous build thread as I wasnt modding the car no more and the cars aesthetics are at a stage where I'm more then happy with it.

I thought I create a new thread detailing my adventures at the track, or primarily Wakefield Park.

The first two times I went to WP were on their Speed Off The Streets (SOTS) days. The third time was at Honda Nationals where there was natsoft available. Nationals was also the first time the track was dry so learning very basic braking points and lines was picked up on this day. My long term goal is to get sub 1.10, dont know when or if even this is capable for myself, but I'll sure as hell give it my all.

I plan to go to as many track days as possible without it interferring too much on others in my life, as well as the finances as theres many more goals or milestones I'd like to reach too.

A quick summary of my car and its mods are:

Engine:
    - Injen CAI
    - TODA Header W/ 200cell Hi-Flo Cat
    - Spoon N1 catback
    - Hondata KPRO tuned to 140atw by BYP Racing & Developments

Suspension:
    - Buddyclub RSD
    - Hardrace Rear Camber Kit
    - Ingalls Camber Bolts (2sets)
    - PCI Offset Bushings
    - Hardrace Roll Centre Adjusters
    - Todds Modified OEM Tie Rods

Brakes:
    - DBA 4000 Slotted and Wiped Rotors (F)
    - Ferodo DS2500 Pads (F)
    - OEM Blank Rotors (R)
    - ADB Racing Pads (R)
    - Goodridge Braided Brake Lines
    - Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid

Wheels & Tyres:
    - Desmond Regamaster EVO 17x9+18
    - Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs 235/45/17
    - Rays Engineering Volk Racing RE30 17x9.5+22 & 17x9+22
    - Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002 225/45/17

Wish me well!

10.10.2011 - Honda Nationals - 1:17.4360
    26.01.2012 - Circuit Club - 1:14.9610
    29.05.2012 - Gorilla Industries - 1:14.2870
    Janaury 2015 PB: 1:12.99
    Last edited by plAythiNG; 15-09-15, 09:09 AM.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Honda Nationals - 10.10.2011
    Because it was awhile ago, I'll be quick in this post.

Hosted by the BYP Boys, it was a great day. Staying at Wakefield cabins with Steve, Timmy, and Prash, it was a great night/lead up to Honda Nationals. I was well prepared except for my Tyres. I knew leading up to the track day, I only had budget tyres. Federal 595 super steel @ $140/corner, I risked it. I found that after 1 or 2 laps, the tyres were giving away already and I felt like I didnt have any control of the car at all. Comming into the garage after each session, the tyre gauge reader was showing pressures of 45-50 PSI HOT. I could only manage a time of 1:17.4360.

I wasn't happy with this time and felt that I could do alot better, even with no driver training at all - I was happy enough just driving at speeds that would lose my licence again. I felt that because I cheaped out on budget tyres, I embrassed myself with that time. I vowed to return to redeem some pride.

Some pictures from the day and link to Natsoft;

Natsoft Race Results

Last edited by plAythiNG; 29-01-12, 02:55 PM.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Circuit Club 26.01.2012
      On the way down to WP that morning, the rain was shocking. It was bucketing down like no tomorrow and I was worried that it be shit weather the entire day. For some reason I just ignored it and thankfully it didnt rain all morning. I was in Group C with Prash who also came down. Our group was called in to get ready to get on for our frist passenger session. Also running into Berty, he offered to sit in my car and give me a few pointers!

I jumped at the opportunity as I love learning new things. He taught me a few things and I tried to do as I was told. My next session was a timed session, with no intention of driving as hard, my goal for this session is to listen to what Berty said and tried to master it. The car felt great, the tyres felt great (so so much better compared to the older Federals) After about 6 laps, I should have slowed down and realised that my tyres were losing grip. Approaching fish hook, I had no grip and seen myself going straight off the track. Funnily enough no one noticed this at all. Came into the pits and was talking to another bloke about his car and how he attacks certain corners of WP. Then my girlfriend Julie said to me I got a 1.14! I instantly smiled and was happy as. To be precised I got 1:14.9610. I was really happy about this and said to myself about aiming to get into the 13's by end of the day. I seen Benny from BYP and asked to see if he can jump in my car and see if I can learn anything from him. Since he is VIP and all, he took my car into Group B and drove my car. Unfortunately for us it was raining heavily by now. We could only go slow around the track. Benny gave me a few quick tips that I'm sure to practice next time I hit WP. The next session was my groups one. I jumped in the drivers seat and took it slow on the track due to rain. I've had a bug and a headache the entire week and after 40min of having a helmet on plus the sound of my exhaust, my headache was the worse ever. I sat down and drank my lemonade/water and rested for about 5 minutes. I made the call to leave early, PB in hand, weather not looking any better, and my headache killing me.

I learnt so much from this day and I am so appeciative of Berty and Benny giving me some tips. Cant wait to practice them again!

Natsoft Race Results

Last edited by plAythiNG; 29-01-12, 02:57 PM.
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Congrats on the PB Alex, should of stuck around the weather cleared up nicley and there were alot of top drivers at the event willing to sit with the newer guys.
        10's at honda nats this year? :P

Comment

Just came back from a long await holiday to China & Hong Kong.

Whilst in Macau, a white FL DC5R with Mugen bonnet and Mugen Wing. INGS+1 kit and Work CR KAI - reminds me so much of Lowies Type S lol.

On my last week there just browsing Yahoo Japan, I came across a set of wheels. A set of wheels that are quite rare to find as is their specs.

Desmond Regamaster EVO in 17x9 +18. I thought it was just another x9 +38 spec wheel but the title is correct.

They look like they been well looked after, but I also did some searching around and found some original (I hope) stickers in case I ever refurbish.

I splurged on these wheels seeing as I didnt spend all my holiday money so yeah. Just spoke to Jesse Streeter and they should be good to post out as soon as my electronic transfer of payment processes

On other news, awhile back I bought generic Honda bumper clips off ebay. $4 got you 40 clips, might as well give it a shot. At first these were pretty decent seeing they went in nicely. 2 or 3 hours later, I decided to pull them off as I was taking my bar off. They were being a bitch and wouldnt come out. Thought, fucking cheap stuff! Just dropped into Peter Warren Spares today after work and got me 5 x OEM bumper clips, $5.50/clip! and 2 x Litres of Honda MTF.

Plans for the car in the next few months is to attend the March Circuit Club with Timmy B and our partners, after that I'll drop the car off at Top One for a GB fluid change, scheduled service and rego.
          Last edited by plAythiNG; 24-02-12, 05:41 PM.
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Rega's gonna look awesome! Oh and I got my clips from HK and they seemed to be pretty good for the price I paid for them. Not the best obviously but better than $5.50 each from Honda which I though was total rip off price. Can't wait to see the wheels on the car ! Awesome mate.

Comment

Hey where did you source the stickers from?
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Yahoo Japan via Jesse Streeter. Did u want a set too? I can enquire with Streeter to find a set of stickers for your rim? You'll get free shipping since it'll ship with my wheels I believe. Are you 16/17"?
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

16". Yes please just of the EVO stickers (no rim stickers). Possible?
                  ClubITR | Like

Comment

Just emailed streeter , he usually replies around 11am but it is the weekend now.
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

Thanks Alex
                      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Alex, STOP putting EVO stickers on Rota wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
                          Alex, STOP putting EVO stickers on Rota wheels
                          shhh dude we wont sposed to tell everyone

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using fapatalk
                          S2000
                          WSID : TBA
                          Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                          Smooth As Detailing
                          Incar Racing

Comment

Nice stickers

Comment

Haha thats pretty funny!. Rotamaster ftw!
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

Working...
                              X