No announcement yet.

My DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep... s-tai LED's have 9 LED's all in a row... and u get 2 in a kit.

i've lowered my car 40mm if i remember correctly, and i think the j's RCA is only 10mm bigger than the stock one.... need something thicker actually... planning to raise up the car a tad... prob 10mm as my steering rods are off by that much....

planning to get tracy sport power steering rack spacer.... if i can source one.

getting LEDs Hong Kong.
    Last edited by wuism; 26-04-08, 05:22 PM.

Comment

sorry.. bad pics.. will take better ones later... sun was shining on the cover.

Comment

Originally posted by prusso
        how much!
        about 70aud from hk....

Comment

Looks awesome...clean....
          Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
          1)ブレーキを踏む
          2)クラッチを切る
          3)シフトダウンしなから、
            アクセルをぶかす
          4)クラッチをつなぐ
          :blah:
          インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
          人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

17" re30 (17x 9 +54 n 10mm spacer)

Comment

Question.

Why didnt you go for a more agressive offset in the first place?

Instead of using spacers, which imho isnt as safe.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
              Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post
                Question.

Why didnt you go for a more agressive offset in the first place?

Instead of using spacers, which imho isnt as safe.
                yeh... i was trying to see wat offset i need to fit 17 x 9 without rubbing.

prob end up getting 17 x 9 + 40.

spacers aren't safe, unless u get extended studs and the hub spacer ring. I wouldnt advise bolt on spacers either if you are going on the track.

Comment

if you are running 17x9, you're gonna need much more agressive offset than that.

Not to mention camber if you decide to lower more.

IS there a reason you need 17x9?

17x8 is more than enough for dc5R.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
                  Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

I thought Wuism's picture above with +44 proves that he can run a 17x9 without a more aggressive offset? :P

A lot of race DC5's like to run big staggered setups with 9" rims at the front - this seems to be the trend amongst jdm tuners because it offers a lot more grip when matched with an appropriate tyre size over a smaller rim counterpart. I'm guessing this is why wuism is opting for the 9" rim.

Something to think about is with a +44 offset, will you have enough clearance when turing? I get a lot of scrubbing with a 8.5" and a +37 and would imagine the 9" +40 to be a lot worse. Full lock u-turns will become your nemesis!

Btw, have you thought about running a 9.5" rim?
                    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Well thats wot i had in mind as well mugsee, the turning issue.

mine scrubs on 17x7.5 with slight camber. ( +43)

But my car is dumped more than Wusims.

Which is another question, are you going to lower your car any more in the future?

Comment

I read your main concern of offset as a camber issue :P

I'd agree with you in running a more aggresive offset so that he gets better streetability (ie. turning circle) out of his car, but who am I to argue with a hard man who wants to run 17x9's
                        Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
                          !

Btw, have you thought about running a 9.5" rim?
                          NO.. 9 is the widest i want to go!... 9.5 is crazy...... ahaha

was talking to my mechanic.. who also races, he said 3mm clearance on the inner side of the rim is sufficient. I put on the 17 x 9 +54 and i put 10mm spacer on and i hand tightened the nut ( not much thead left on the stud ) then i full locked it... left and right.. going very slowly, and i had no rubbing..

so with 17x 9 + 40 i shouldn't have a problem.. hopefully. if anything, my inner fender clips will be rubbed off.

Planning to actually raise my car.. believe it or not... prefer to get a perfect roll centre for performance than for looks. I think i would raise it 5-10mm from where it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post
                            Well thats wot i had in mind as well mugsee, the turning issue.

mine scrubs on 17x7.5 with slight camber. ( +43)

But my car is dumped more than Wusims.

Which is another question, are you going to lower your car any more in the future?
                            really? with that offset and size it rubs? ahaha. ur car must be dumped.
                            i've got no issues with rubbing.. with 17x8 +45... i'm also running minimal camber as well.

trying to put on another set of camber bolts so see whether i can get more front camber... about about -2deg.

main reason for running 17x9 is to really run 245 tyres. want to see the difference in handling, and whether corner speed will be faster.
                            still plan to only run street tyres (re01r) so hopefully this will be a better setup than 225 re070
                            Last edited by wuism; 27-04-08, 10:29 PM.

Comment

crazy you say... :P

If possibly, drive around with the re030's on for a short drive and include some full lock turns. My tyres don't scrub when standing still however once I'm moving, they'll scrub against my inner chasis. :S

How do you plan on geting the perfect roll center? Will you be doing the appropriate calculations or just an estimation on what feels best? I think chargeR may have wanted to do something similar with his car.

Comment

nah.. i cant drive around with the re30.... unless i get bolt on spacers.. which then makes me have to trim my stud, or drill the holes on the wheel.. which the owner wont let me do obviously.... wat size are u running and offset?

well i guess technically, perfect roll centre will be actually lowering the car to the thickness of the j's racing RCA. i looked at my LCA, it's pointing up a tad, and so is my tie rod ends which are already inverted. so i was planning to raise up the car to get the arm straight, which then should lead to my LCA pointing straight or a tad down.

trying to get the power steering rack spacer as well. steering arms are pointing towards the headlights.

Comment

Working...
                                X