J's Racing Tie Rods - Install and Impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I ask a question now?

Why the hell -5' camber? I'd love to know what this does to wet weather braking distances.... !!
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
      Can I ask a question now?

Why the hell -5' camber? I'd love to know what this does to wet weather braking distances.... !!
      It does nothing good for braking distances to be honest. My straight line braking on anything other than nicely warm semis is not as good as it was stock.

I use that much camber because that is how much my suspension is designed to have although I think it is too much for my use, and some preliminary tyre temp data supports this.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
        It does nothing good for braking distances to be honest. My straight line braking on anything other than nicely warm semis is not as good as it was stock.
        That's what I was getting at

I use that much camber because that is how much my suspension is designed to have although I think it is too much for my use, and some preliminary tyre temp data supports this.
        What use are we talking about here? It's obviously too much for any kind of street use (unless you drive on the street at 10/10ths with warmed semi slicks) hehehe...
        | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

What use are we talking about here? It's obviously too much for any kind of street use (unless you drive on the street at 10/10ths with warmed semi slicks) hehehe...

MOOOGEN N1....

to bad it doesnt actually show =P

Last edited by Wlee2; 13-04-08, 10:43 PM.
          Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
          some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
          Originally posted by tinkerbell
          if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
          A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
          Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

What are your spring rates again Tom?
            Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
            "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
            sigpic
            itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
            send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Originally posted by dazDC5s View Post
              What are your spring rates again Tom?
              i cant remember someone told me that swift springs.. above spring rates of 20+ had to be custom orders.. or something silly like that.. =p
              Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
              some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
              Originally posted by tinkerbell
              if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
              A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
              Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

What my simple friend wlee2 is getting at is that I track a lot and I am willing to sacrifice street comfort and safety for track performance. I drive very conservatively on the street.

To answer dazdc5s my spring rates are currently 10kg/mm at the front and 24kg/mm at the rear although I am looking to change these to something stiffer at the front in the future.

Comment

its acturally 10 front and 24 rear....hardcore......you should get sth like 18 front to balance it up tom....
                  Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                  1)ブレーキを踏む
                  2)クラッチを切る
                  3)シフトダウンしなから、
                    アクセルをぶかす
                  4)クラッチをつなぐ
                  :blah:
                  インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                  人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by Wlee2 View Post
                    i cant remember someone told me that swift springs.. above spring rates of 20+ had to be custom orders.. or something silly like that.. =p
                    Are you drunk wang? Anyway I will be updating this thread tomorrow because I have had some issues with my J's tie rods but stay tuned.....

Comment

To answer dazdc5s my spring rates are currently 10kg/mm at the front and 24kg/mm at the rear although I am looking to change these to something stiffer at the front in the future.
                      Originally posted by air23box View Post
                      its acturally 10 front and 24 rear....hardcore......you should get sth like 18 front to balance it up tom....
                      he said that:P
                      Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
                      "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
                      sigpic
                      itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
                      send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Update

I had been having issues with my steering for a while and I finally bothered to jack up my car and have a look. I found that my drivers side J's Racing tie rod had more than 5mm of play in the inner ball joint, which was causing toe to change all the time, hence making my steering centre wander. The bit that broke is indicated by the red arrow in the picture below. I will be sending back the tie rod to J's Racing and they may or may not send me a replacement.

In the meantime I had my stock tie rods modified (as tinkerbell suggested earlier in the thread ) by having 15mm cut off the end and the thread extended a further 30mm. My ghetto fab tie rod can be seen on the right of the J's tie rod in the pictures below. I installed these earlier today along with new washers, cotter pins, and new tie rod ends and now my steering is no longer broken .

Last edited by ChargeR; 14-04-08, 06:03 PM.

Comment

o no tom... for you...

And I know you had no choice in getting this mod. But at least you know you weren't the first victim.

J's racing tie rod ftl

Comment

Update

I had been having issues with my steering for a while and I finally bothered to jack up my car and have a look. I found that my drivers side J's Racing tie rod had more than 5mm of play in the inner ball joint, which was causing toe to change all the time, hence making my steering centre wander. The bit that broke is indicated by the red arrow in the picture below. I will be sending back the tie rod to J's Racing and they may or may not send me a replacement.

In the meantime I had my stock tie rods modified (as tinkerbell suggested earlier in the thread ) by having 15mm cut off the end and the thread extended a further 30mm. My ghetto fab tie rod can be seen on the right of the J's tie rod in the pictures below. I installed these earlier today along with new washers, cotter pins, and new tie rod ends and now my steering is no longer broken .

huhu...it luks not only happened on my car
                            mine one got same problem,excatly the same!

and i try to call them and ask for the help, they just told me fxxk off
                            there s no more j's shit in my life
                            they are sucker and their product is sucker as well
                            Project: DC5R>>S2000>>NSX

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
                              o no tom... for you...

And I know you had no choice in getting this mod. But at least you know you weren't the first victim.

J's racing tie rod ftl
                              waitin for ur review of AKOM
                              Project: DC5R>>S2000>>NSX

Comment

Originally posted by mikoZ View Post
                                waitin for ur review of AKOM
                                haha

there would be plenty of reviews floating around soon.

Chances are I won't be installing for a while as I will be overseas for a month or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X