so, where is manny's at?

Comment

LOL Manny's?

Hanny's Performance Centre
      Unit 3, 28 Victoria St Smithfield NSW 2164
      ph: (02) 9725 5115
      CARSFORHOPE

Comment

Hanny's are a bit different in style to a honda dealership, but they know there stuff backwards and are incredibly helpful. Worth the drive from Epping, just go down cumberland highway and turn right into Victoria St. Usually can service the car while you wait.
        http://www.worldvision.com.au http://ww.compassion.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
          you don't have a 17mm ring spanner, a 1.4in driver ratchet, a 13mm ID hose and a small funnel?

This may sound like a stupid question but,
          How do you get the gearbox oil back in?

Quote:
          Originally Posted by justinfox
          You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Mike B View Post
            Dont know where you got the "dont need to change the fluid" at but whoever you got it from, I would stop listening to them.

Here in USA, alot of ITR owners use GM-Syncromesh with Friction Modifier. I use it all the time in my new tranny. In the past, I have used it with transmissions that needed new syncro's. When you add this, I assure you your syncro's wont crunch anymore.

I have to double check my pricing but I can get a quart of this for about $8.00 USD + shipping

I had a search some time ago for GM-syncromesh. I even went to GM (holden) spares and asked for it.. they havent even heard of it. We dont have syncromesh in AUS.. well atleast i couldnt find it..

-----------------------------------------------------------
            Cant go wrong with OEM MTF... I service Gbox more often than service manual... 15-20k

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

Castrol Syntrax.
              BYP Racing & Developments
              Built. Tuned. Driven
              Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
                This may sound like a stupid question but,
                How do you get the gearbox oil back in?
                With a funnel & hose (there's another nut you need to open at the side of the gearbox)
                j0nbubz: RG's awp is LOL
                Chi: ...word of advice on who plays against rG
                faijai: rg + awp = gg
                hebe: Hahaha rG is just L337 bro!
                rG`: Touchpad FTW!

Comment

the 1m long hose runs down from around the brake mastercyle area to the GB entry hole,

the funnel goes in the hose, simple...
                  ... retired/

Comment

So the gearbox has an entry and exit hole?
                    Drain the oil from the exit, then run the garden hose down from the brake mastercylinder area to the gearbox entry hole and fill with 2.2 - 2.3L

Quote:
                    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

hey do you think Motul FF-LSD type2 would be suitable for use in a DC2R ?
                      Living The Midnight Dream

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
                        So the gearbox has an entry and exit hole?
                        Drain the oil from the exit, then run the garden hose down from the brake mastercylinder area to the gearbox entry hole and fill with 2.2 - 2.3L
                        yep - that's right,

try www.hondahookup.com/manuals

for the DC2 manual... details with pics are there...
                        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by B.ITR.00 View Post
                          http://www.motul.com.au/product_line...ox/gear13.html

EDIT : wrong information posted.
                          Last edited by tinkerbell; 17-07-07, 10:11 AM. Reason: wrong info
                          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by B.ITR.00 View Post
                            i seriously would not suggest that oil, dc2r tends to heat up alot during hard driving, the Motul FFLSD T2 lasted me one session on winton before it overhead and turn into water..whereas the Redline lasted aaaaaaggggessss...the Type2 is gd for streets as its very smooth when they are brand new but once they heat up...thats the end of it changing gears become very sticky and hard to engage...and i m not the only one....annother friend with dc2r experienced it too...he only does a little bit of hard driving once in a blue moon

Comment

Actually Motul FF-LSD is for clutch style LSD's. Regular 75w90 Motul Gear 300 is fine for DC2 Type R Torsen LSD.
                              http://www.worldvision.com.au http://ww.compassion.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                                yep - that's right,

try www.hondahookup.com/manuals

for the DC2 manual... details with pics are there...

Thanks heaps Tinkerbell.
                                I assume this was the right one to download.
                                Honda/Acura Integra (1994) Service Manual DB7, DB8,DC2,DC4 (37Mb PDF)

Quote:

Comment

Working...
                                X