• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oz Striker View Post
    Where are you doing the track day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lakeside Raceway for Street Sprints

Comment

A nice compilation of parts Stephen, pity your not needing the front EP3 Sway bar. I believe its 25.4mm hollow, 1.4mm thicker than your whiteline 24mm. Someone might be able to correct me on this.

Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
        A nice compilation of parts Stephen, pity your not needing the front EP3 Sway bar. I believe its 25.4mm hollow, 1.4mm thicker than your whiteline 24mm. Someone might be able to correct me on this.

Norm
        That sounds correct!

Comment

Hey Stephen, what happened to the EP3 sway bar? Did you guys try to add extra welds in?

Norm

Comment

Hey Stephen, what happened to the EP3 sway bar? Did you guys try to add extra welds in?

Norm
            For some reason, the EP3R sway would not clear the exhaust ... so we had to cut and weld back together the sway bar. I'm surprised it even held for a month until I was able to afford these sway bars. I'm now getting heaps of clearance with the Whiteline. I'm not too sure if it is the exhaust or the header itself with the issue, but the EP3R sway should have fitted.

Comment

Thats weird. The EP3 bar certainly should have fitted. Maybe just the combination of the two. But im glad your whiteline cleared it! What other mods do you have in mind?

Norm

Comment

Thats weird. The EP3 bar certainly should have fitted. Maybe just the combination of the two. But im glad your whiteline cleared it! What other mods do you have in mind?

Norm
                Well next are are the DBA 5000 rotors, Endless CC-Rg front brake pads, possibly Goodridge braided brake lines and Endless RBF650 brake fluid to be done next week. Just need to wait for my pads to arrive from Perth. Besides that, will need to look into rear camber arms, sway bar endlinks and a few little things like gear knob, shifter extention, harness and rear strut brace.

Comment

Did KYP do you a good deal? My friend works there and i'm around the corner from them.

Norm

Comment

Did KYP do you a good deal? My friend works there and i'm around the corner from them.

Norm
                    Got free shipping so thats good enough for me LOL, I know those exact pads from PerfectRun are around $290 shipped.

Comment

Cool. Sounds like you got yourself a deal!

Norm

Comment

I think tomorrow I will be purchasing a set of Hel Braided Brake Lines in Transperent Blue. A one day turnaround which is very good considering you can choose the colour you want! Hopefully all these will be fitted on Friday!

Comment

Well not getting Hel anymore because I ceebs going all the way far Northside of Brisbane just to order and pick them up. Getting Goodridge from JDMyard since it should come either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Comment

Muahahahaha these parts just came in time! Glad to have them all come in on the right time as it all goes on the car tomorrow. Just some pictures of the product! Will have more tomorrow while they go on the car!

Comment

awesome post~ very helpful!

Comment

DBA 5000 Series Front Brake Rotors, Goodridge Braided Brake Lines, Endless CC-Rg Fron

So today got them all fitted by Central Performance, good friend mechanic of mine as father got too scared and think if we put them on it would fall apart LOL. But anyways here are some pictures of the product and process. It's a pretty straightforward process so yeah. I was in the workshop with Chris while he was working on the brake system.

When Steven saw the yellow label on the pads box and there was a cut off of a logo, he thought they were knockoffs or something very strange about them. Good of him he contacted Endless Warehouse in Japan and found out these are originals and were produced in 2010, so the compound isnt so old which is a good thing. Still don't know why label was yellow and logo was cut off LOL.

Now in terms of performace wise, this is a very good combo for a beginner like me LOL. This is what I would recommend doing before looking into caliper set to know what the feeling is like and still can use this setup after a caliper upgrade which is what I intend to do later in the future. Since it was raining today, I couldn't find out the full potential of the pads and rotors since it was too slipperly. But it still needs to be bed in before the track day. Well I think thats all! Stay tuned for more updates hehehe :P

Comment

Working...
                                X