Stephen_AUS DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen_AUS View Post
    This was the resonse I got from J's Racing not long ago about the 70RR welding.

Let me know what you think ...
    To be honest,

in a nice way, he's right, 'you pay for what you get'
    If they say it doesn't affect performance etc, i would take that and just move on, you got a letter from J's Racing President, Sorry an Email then also Leo telling you that other products use a similar method, i've bought through JDMC, he doesn't lie in what he says, good on you for taking up the matter but apart from that, what you have is what you have i guess.. There ain't much you can do.

Provided nothing goes wrong with it and there is no major issues on install, you should be okay, but yeah i still say those welds were horrible just the saying is true i suppose 'you pay for what you get'

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
      To be honest,

in a nice way, he's right, 'you pay for what you get'
      If they say it doesn't affect performance etc, i would take that and just move on, you got a letter from J's Racing President, Sorry an Email then also Leo telling you that other products use a similar method, i've bought through JDMC, he doesn't lie in what he says, good on you for taking up the matter but apart from that, what you have is what you have i guess.. There ain't much you can do.

Provided nothing goes wrong with it and there is no major issues on install, you should be okay, but yeah i still say those welds were horrible just the saying is true i suppose 'you pay for what you get'
      I guess we all learn time to time. If it doesnt affect performance and holds strong it should be fine. And yeah welds are horrible but I got the thing so not going to worry about it too much. I'm more worried about getting the cat in than the welds ... but if everything goes to plan, should be on in 2 weeks.

Comment

I guess we all learn time to time. If it doesnt affect performance and holds strong it should be fine. And yeah welds are horrible but I got the thing so not going to worry about it too much. I'm more worried about getting the cat in than the welds ... but if everything goes to plan, should be on in 2 weeks.
        Also, really... how often are you going to be looking at the welds on the exhaust anyway? I'm sure you'll be loving life as soon as it's installed and you hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Symphorced View Post
          Also, really... how often are you going to be looking at the welds on the exhaust anyway? I'm sure you'll be loving life as soon as it's installed and you hear it.
          I guess so ... LOL!

Comment

Seriously can't wait to hear it! Hurry up and put it on
            Moiz
            無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Comment

Originally posted by DC2-PWR View Post
              Seriously can't wait to hear it! Hurry up and put it on
              70RR IS ON, though with a twist, no front sway bar due to waiting for EP3 sway from Norm. Should arrive friday and having a cat installed on thursday! Pictures will come soon ... probably tomorrow night at ClubITR Meet.

Comment

BIG UPDATES BOYS!

Just today received an wheel alignment at Bridgestone Select Coopers Plains. Camber specs are:

Front - Camber: -1.35 - Toe: +0
                Rear - Camber: -2.30 - Toe: +5

So I'm gonna need rear camber arms I reckon due to the ammount of camber running. Also, today I ordered from 999 Automotive:

Whiteline Front & Rear Sway Bar 24mm

So these should arrive tomorrow for pickup and final payment. And from GSL RallySport/Brakes Direct:

DBA 5000 Series 2 Piece 300mm Slotted Rotors

Soon to come from KY Automotive Import & Export in Perth:

Endless CC-Rg Front Brake Pads

These are dedicated track pads with a 800 degrees high rating, so pretty keen on these for track.

Hopefully will have alot of pictures tomorrow with the sway bar installation and brake rotor and pads installtion will be performed next week when the pads arrive. Will be using Endless RF650 Brake Fluid for optimal feel and high degree temperature boil point.

Comment

Nice update man! Let us know how the sway bars go, I'm thinking of getting them so am keen to hear what you think of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Oz Striker View Post
                    Nice update man! Let us know how the sway bars go, I'm thinking of getting them so am keen to hear what you think of them!

Yeah, I will try to write up a little review about them for you. I think with the coilovers you are running, Zeals ... so jealous. Sway bars will make a real big difference! Also how much were your Function X .. I'm really thinking about upgrading coilovers, though money side is a little of an issue!

Comment

Yeah, I will try to write up a little review about them for you. I think with the coilovers you are running, Zeals ... so jealous. Sway bars will make a real big difference! Also how much were your Function X .. I'm really thinking about upgrading coilovers, though money side is a little of an issue!
                      Thanks man that would be awesome! I'll pm you the details

Comment

Could you do an update review on rear sway? Iv been looking into one
                        1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                        1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                        2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                        F1 Nut

Comment

any chance of chucking those dba 5000 rotors on a set of scales?
                          i'm just interested how they compare to oem and mugen rotors
                          02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
                            Could you do an update review on rear sway? Iv been looking into one
                            Will do one after testing them out hard. There is a track day 22nd July so maybe after then or maybe next week because I need to bed in my brakes before the track day. So well see what happens with the review.

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
                            any chance of chucking those dba 5000 rotors on a set of scales?
                            i'm just interested how they compare to oem and mugen rotors
                            I will weight them for you tomorrow! I assume these will be little lighter, but will see after weighting them.

Comment

Whiteline Adjustable Front & Rear 24mm Sway Bars Installed @ 149000 km

So today my sway bars arrived at 999 Automotive, went to pick them up and straight away went ahead and installed them as soon as I arrived home. I picked these up at a pretty good price considering they are brand new from the warehouse. Here are a few pictures first:

My very nice purple downpipe, I love it!

And this was what we did to the previous EP3R sway, what we shouldn't have done but oh wells.

Now I did take it out for a little test run after and they definately has a lot less body roll. Though your suspension setup must be right otherwise the softness of your suspension damper can make the car feel weirdish. I can't really give an full explanation as I haven't fully tested these sway bars. Some of you have already asked for a review about them and there will be one up soon enough so just wait a little longer! Though this is a perfect product for any track whore.

Keep updated for more updates LOL LOL ... brake setup will be installed next week once I recieved my pads.

Comment

Will do one after testing them out hard. There is a track day 22nd July so maybe after then or maybe next week because I need to bed in my brakes before the track day. So well see what happens with the review.
                                Where are you doing the track day?

Comment

Working...
                                X