Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
    why is the exhaust gone? ?!!!!
    Decided I wanted something more quieter for the street and ground clearance was also an issue. So I'm out again hunting for another exhaust.

Comment

Power getter on the radar? I'm liking it at the moment
      1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
      1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
      2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
      F1 Nut

Comment

Z1 Starspec is a MUCH better tyre then the KU36's, in every way.

I would consider using the KU36 as the street tyre, and the Z1's as track. But if you are only considering those two tyres, I would just use one set for track and street.

I have a Mugen catback for sale. No clearence issues, it's quiet, sounds great, and looks good too.

Comment

From memory the z1 costs you $850 ish including shipping and IMT fee. Ku36's local will cost 750.. Only an extra $25 /wheel. So worth it!
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Ok guys, sold the Buddyclub Exhaust and the stock exhaust is back on. Gonna miss it but I have to move on. Plans now is to get engine mounts done since they have shitted themselves so within 2 weeks I should have Hasport 70a/88a mounts, a service using Endless Oils. And later on soon will be rear camber kit so I can lower the car more and a full exhaust from the States. Was really busy today getting the stud replaced and swapping exhausts I never had time to take pictures. So keep an eye on updates and it should be good!

As for tyres, I'm awaiting quotes of those tyres I have mentioned from my friend since he could get them cheap apparently. Once I get the prices, I will decide what to get. Most likely the Dunlop Z1's for track and maybe Bridgestone RE001 for street. It all just depends what I can get with the money I have or I just save up.

Comment

Hasport Engine Mounts U70A Race Installed @ xxxxxx km

So today I bought my friends Hasport 70a mounts and decided to start installing them while I had some free time.

So here is the badly split mount, totally gone. Had to go out.

Here is the driver side mount installed. Looking nice and hard!

After doing this mount, Dad and I realised that we forgot to use loctite on the bolts so we stopped the progress and left the rest for tomorrow when we have loctite. More pictures and updates going up tomorrow
              Last edited by Stephen_AUS; 15-01-12, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Enkei RPF1's Installed @ 141450 km

Here is a few photo's of the car sitting on RPF1's. These aint great photos but will do the purpose for now. I just love the fitment! More to come soon when the weather gets better.

Comment

i just decided to re-read your thread, defs doing the cabin filter thing was flippits ebay find a good one? are they any good?
                  1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                  1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                  2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                  F1 Nut

Comment

wheels looking good man!
                    Shak's S2000

Comment

Cars looking great with those wheels! Haspots are a nice addition also.

Butttt i don't get why you would buy two sets of street tires... buy 1 good set for the street (z1, ado8, ku36, re002) and one set of REAL semi's for the track (a050, r888, re55). No point buying two sets of steet tires...
                      k20A DC2R

Comment

Those Enkeis look absolutely spot on and go well with the car. Looking good.
                        1988 CRX
                        1999 Integra Type R
                        2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
                          i just decided to re-read your thread, defs doing the cabin filter thing was flippits ebay find a good one? are they any good?
                          Yeah might as well get them for a cheap price, I would have done the same if I decided not to go OEM. It's a cabin filter so it's not going to affect performance LOL. Ask Filppit about the quality when he gets his.

Originally posted by k20eg View Post
                          Cars looking great with those wheels! Haspots are a nice addition also.

Butttt i don't get why you would buy two sets of street tires... buy 1 good set for the street (z1, ado8, ku36, re002) and one set of REAL semi's for the track (a050, r888, re55). No point buying two sets of steet tires...
                          Well I still haven't got quotes yet so still deciding, but if I can get semi's cheap then I might as well get a set for track.

Comment

I bought eBay cabin filters and the only noticeable difference is that it didn't tell me which way the air flow goes so I just chucked it in.

Also, about the Dunlop Z1s, I just got a quote from Tirerack right before Christmas and a set of 225/45/17 was only USD$851 delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by Symphorced View Post
                              I bought eBay cabin filters and the only noticeable difference is that it didn't tell me which way the air flow goes so I just chucked it in.

Also, about the Dunlop Z1s, I just got a quote from Tirerack right before Christmas and a set of 225/45/17 was only USD$851 delivered.
                              Oh awesome, thanks for the pricing. That's quite cheap for a high rated street tyre (well for us it is)! I have decided to ditch semi's since I'd probably go on the track once or twice a year plus I'm not serious about tracking at this stage too. Also I'm still studying so it does take me a while to do mods to the car. I'm thinking of just getting Z1's first and run them. But still awaiting quotes from my friend, urh taking forever LOL!

Comment

So today I got the second passenger side engine mount in. Such a pain with the bolts since the frame on the gearbox had to be loosened. But got it in after a while. Didn't get to do the last rear mount since we didn't have any jack stands and not only that, I'd been told that it is very hard to get that one in too so I arranged my mechanic to install that last one on Wednesday. Well at least we something done, better than nothing and you'd save heaps of money. Well here are some pictures. And also, decided not to use loctite as we'd thought that the stock bolts didn't have any type of sealant and we were also advised by a friend that it is not necessary to do, but an option.

More updates to come Wednesday. Plan to roll rear guards and lower the car another 10mm, but still deciding whether to run camber on rear or roll guards. Because I kinda don't want to modify the guards as I have herd that you could possibly be defected but then again, it is an cheaper option to go with rather than purchasing camber arms and running more camber which will wear the tyres more. So just keep updated. Also give me your opinions what I could do

Comment

Working...
                                X