M@lew's DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevan View Post
    well done mate! J's spoiler looks awesome did you notice more rear grip with it?
    Originally posted by M@lew View Post
    Thanks man. I noticed the car was a lot more stable through the corners, I don't know if that was due to my aero or maybe I was just taking better lines, since apart from that, my suspension and tyres were the same as last time I went out. It was just the aero, clutch, o2 sensor and Gruppem that were changed.
    The wing certainly helps but its not that noticeable. I reckon it properly because
    Johnny help to correct the tire pressure and it will make a lot of difference. Congrats on the big jump of improvement......great time on street tire......Should be about time to move on the Semis bro....
    Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
    1)ブレーキを踏む
    2)クラッチを切る
    3)シフトダウンしなから、
      アクセルをぶかす
    4)クラッチをつなぐ
    :blah:
    インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
    人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by iVTEC_R View Post
      Speaking of the S.E suburbs, my mates tell me there is this one cop who is known for going out of his way to pull over and defect Japanese sports cars (or ones that appear to be modified). They also say he lurks around Knox lol. Is it a rumour?
      Officer Pettit I believe

Great bloke, organized a tow truck for me.

Comment

Todds Tie Rods

Finally got around to putting my shortened tie rods in, which definitely looked like a pain in the ass. Also relocated my number plate to the grill area, previously it was held on my double sided tape which actually did a pretty good job.

Upon leaving my mechanic my scared the crap out of me by refusing to turn properly. To put it in perspective, to turn out of a street onto a main road, I would have to turn the steering wheel about 200 degrees instead of about 90 normally. This was due to my car now having +11.9 L and + 13.4 R toe, a total of +25.3!

Went to Techsport to get a proper alignment again, which is as follows.

Front Toe - +1mm (+0.5 L, +0.5 R)
        Front Camber - -3.5 L, -3.46 R (due to my strut top hitting a bolt, may need to take it out and put it back in, but 0.05 won't exactly make the biggest difference)
        Front Caster - +1.24 L, +0.74 R
        Rear Toe - +2mm (+1mm L, +1mm R)
        Rear Camber - -2.23 L, -2.37 R Which is weird because it used to be extremely uneven, around at -1.9 and -2.5 respectively, since I don't have any camber kit installed.

Pics of the Front + Rear

I want to take some proper photos of my car during the day, but I'll leave that until I get the front bar painted...still. Maybe next week, should probably be studying for exams at the moment.

Comment

Bumper is resprayed! The pressure of the ClubITR meet got to me and I ended up dropping in my front to be painted for the meet. Good meet, crummy weather, great people as always!

Not much else new with the car, graduated from uni so until I start my full time job next year I’ll have a lot of time on my hands with little funds, meaning I’ll probably DIY a lot and try work on my suspension to my liking in time for my next track day around Nov. (Hopefully) Have been meaning to “daily” my car, meaning soften it up, de-wing and silencer in the exhaust, but I always find I have something coming up where I want it the way it is.

Now for the pics. Going to try work on my photography again. Have the motivation to take, but lacking locations since I want day shots but finding anywhere quiet that’s not a car park is a struggle.

In these two pics trying to understand split toning.

Had a “sticker” peeling issue here, and ironically since the sticker is such high quality, what was left on the spoiler was damn hard to get off. So sticker bombing came along, probably add more as time goes on.

Comment

dislike stickers IMO. sorry to say otherwise looks good!

Comment

Makes me happier than rocking a sticker that says "The Xtreme Hond_ Rid_ J's R_cing."

Comment

Been taking some photos lately due to a lot of free time.

Comment

Looking really nice matt! I
                  Reckon put that number plate back in the center, lose the white tyre markings and possiby some ganadors on ur
                  Car.
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

Tyre Markings look bronze, i i think it looks good
                    Car is looking great.
                    No rear shots with the Carbon wrap boot??

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                      Looking really nice matt! I
                      Reckon put that number plate back in the center, lose the white tyre markings and possiby some ganadors on ur
                      Car.
                      It's harder to get plates in the centre than thought, so I figured might as well have it fully off centre instead of slightly. I'm waiting for the tyre writing to remove itself since it's been raining here quite a bit, but if it doesn't go away by the time I go to clean my rims (which could be whenever) then I'll remove it. Ganadors would be sick but they are so $ for mirrors.

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
                      Tyre Markings look bronze, i i think it looks good
                      Car is looking great.
                      No rear shots with the Carbon wrap boot??
                      Had 1 but I figured ClubITR still has a 5 image limit or whatever so didn't put it up.

Comment

nice shots , is that the bridge to yarrabend ?

Comment

Originally posted by lpy2009 View Post
                          nice shots , is that the bridge to yarrabend ?
                          yep!!!

Comment

Looking real nice man! Location in the last shot looks awesome!
                            Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

Thinking of using that first 1 with the City back ground as a place mat! LOVES IT

Comment

Originally posted by Berty View Post
                                Looking real nice man! Location in the last shot looks awesome!
                                Thanks! It's a pretty nice place to shoot, although difficult because:

1) The light from the trees makes the lighting very inconsistent.

2) The amount of cars coming up and down!

I'm going to buy some new triggers within the next couple of days so hopefully I can go back and try again with my own lighting set up.

Originally posted by maracer View Post
                                Thinking of using that first 1 with the City back ground as a place mat! LOVES IT
                                Thanks Mario! Going to spill food all over it are you. Got a couple of different shots of that, couldn't decide which was the most effective.

Comment

Working...
                                X