No announcement yet.

M@lew's DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car might be for sale soon but only temporarily depending on family stuff so if you know anyone interested pm me.

Comment

let me know if you're parting out

Comment

Originally posted by white_r View Post
        let me know if you're parting out
        likewise lol

Comment

Nah not really parting out. It's a sale if someone is interested else I'm keeping it. Only thing that might be for sale if it sells are the things the buyer might not want / I want for the next car i.e Bride, Defi's etc. Things like the exhaust will be kept with the car no matter what, espec since I don't have the stock parts anyway.

Comment

Big Update + Updated the first page with mods and a neater layout

Haven’t really been up to a lot with my car so with the new things I’ve bought haven’t really got any good pics. Went to the EXE Track day last Nov but I’ll come to that soon.

Put a Bride Zeta 3 and Takata Harness in last Nov which felt really good on the track, but for daily it is a bit of a pain to climb in and out.

Had a blast of a time, would’ve liked to get into the 1:47 / 1:48 but due to some traffic ( :P ) wasn’t able to. At least on a cool down lap with a passenger I got 1:50, so hopefully I can get my goal next time I’m out there.

After track, the Nardi was sold to make way for this baby, after a few Melbourne boys had hydrolock issues with Injen’s.

Not much else happened between now until I did a check on my car using the OBD port and found out that my o2 sensor was also gone. With another track day coming up in May I thought I’d better fix it and as my clutch started to slip a bit on the same week (such is luck) I replaced that too with an Exedy Sports Organic. Goodbye savings for semi-slick’s.

To cheer myself up, I picked up one of these. Only axle-back for now (and it’s actually for EP3 but fits alright, only a tad short) so still have the Power Getter B-Pipe on. Was going to go for a custom exhaust, but that will wait for the next track day.

Eagerly awaiting the May 8th EXE track day now. Mugen spoiler was removed and sold and due to some clear coat issues I wrapped my boot in CF for protection from the elements, respray will come later on when I find a kit or something.

Proper pictures to come.

Comment

wow...some nice pics there M@lew! I should consider CF wrapping my front bonnet maybe to protect it from chips. Do you think it will protect it from stone chips though?

Comment

Boot looks cool, anymore pics..
                will you be swapping the passenger seat to bride as well?

Comment

Nice mods/updates.
                  Good luck with your next track day.
                  If i got time i might drive up?

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                    wow...some nice pics there M@lew! I should consider CF wrapping my front bonnet maybe to protect it from chips. Do you think it will protect it from stone chips though?
                    Thanks! Yeah the wrap will protect your bonnet from stones as it's a fairly thick vinyl.

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
                    Boot looks cool, anymore pics..
                    will you be swapping the passenger seat to bride as well?
                    Probably not unless I grab a set of reclinable brides. Girlfriend has enough trouble getting in and out anyway.

Originally posted by maracer View Post
                    Nice mods/updates.
                    Good luck with your next track day.
                    If i got time i might drive up?
                    Thanks! Damn didn't know you're not coming.

Comment

Nice update matt! The cf lining looks great! Actually really liking it. Btw- i never knew u got a set of gauges.. Mind sending me more pics from thefront of the car also?
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Seen your car on kingsway a few times! Looks great.

How do you find the new clutch?

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                          Nice update matt! The cf lining looks great! Actually really liking it. Btw- i never knew u got a set of gauges.. Mind sending me more pics from thefront of the car also?
                          Ah I've had gauges for ages. This kind of pic you were after?

Originally posted by Lemmiwinks View Post
                          Seen your car on kingsway a few times! Looks great.

How do you find the new clutch?
                          Thanks man. Clutch is fine, when I first drove it, it felt like it springs back up really fast but now it just feels normal again.

Comment

On Sunday attended the EXE track day and as always it was run fantasically! A lot of nice cars and plenty of people improving on their PB’s. The new addition to the car that just came in time for the day was the J’s Racing Wing, a big thanks to Sam (m0nty). Also decided on the last minute to create a splitter for my car, thanks to Mike (DNYALL) for letting me know how he made his and the idea!

The day started off slow for me, managing a 1:51 in the first session and 1:48 in the second. Johnny from OTR took my car out with me, teaching me about the correct pressures for my tyre and managed to get 1:44.9, showing how much improvement I needed, although the car did feel a bit funny on the track which we found out later in the day to be a leaking CV boot or could be due to my loose tie rod ball joint.

On my last session of the day, I decided to chase my mate Austin in his Evo X for a bit of fun. We were both going around the track fairly quick and he recorded his PB of 1:45! (Good work!) After checking the times later in the night, I found that during those last few laps I was consistently quicker than I was the whole day, recording a PB of 1:44.74 which I was extremely surprised with. Looking forward to getting back out there after going over my suspension (and maybe some semi’s), a big thanks to the EXE crew for a great day, Nelson at Racing Project for all the last minute jobs with my car, Johnny from OTR for showing me how to drive and the 801 boys for all the help and motivation.

Some pics from the day.

Comment

1:44 on street tyres? well done!
                              ... retired/

Comment

looking good!

and well done on the time!
                                ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...
                                X