No announcement yet.

♦ ♦ ChargeR's DC5R Blog ♦ ♦

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh tom. Pro mechanic skills! Looking forward to hearing how these go!
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

I have a press and a hoist so I won't be taking it to a workshop no matter how long it takes . I have had a quick read of the workshop manual and taking out the rack doesn't seem too hard, getting it back in with the steering wheel still straight is probably harder .[/QUOTE]

you have a hoist!!!

I'm coming down to sydney now

Comment

shit! lets have a hoist party at toms! hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by 3r1k View Post
          I have a press and a hoist so I won't be taking it to a workshop no matter how long it takes . I have had a quick read of the workshop manual and taking out the rack doesn't seem too hard, getting it back in with the steering wheel still straight is probably harder .
          you have a hoist!!!

I'm coming down to sydney now [/QUOTE]

His hoist is in Tassie.

Tom 'em in soon so I know how long to expect for my set!

Comment

apparently hoist are pretty affordable nowadays eh. Even alot of ex-garages are selling used hoist. But yeh i'd love one in my house too ...imagine what my missus would say...mhmhm

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
              Ahh tom. Pro mechanic skills! Looking forward to hearing how these go!
              Haha I have poor mechanic skills but trial and error is how I roll.

Originally posted by 3r1k View Post

you have a hoist!!!

I'm coming down to sydney now
              You could go to Sydney but you wouldn't find me there ha! Hoist technically belongs to my brother and I and he has a broken car on it most of the time so it isn't the great luxury you might imagine.

Originally posted by dr.k20z1 View Post
              shit! lets have a hoist party at toms! hahaha
              Do it guy! Anyone who drives all the way down from the nether regions of the world is welcome at my place.

Originally posted by TeMp View Post

His hoist is in Tassie.

Tom 'em in soon so I know how long to expect for my set!
              I think I might do the easy stuff first off and then try the rack bushes over the Christmas break.

Originally posted by Norm View Post
              apparently hoist are pretty affordable nowadays eh. Even alot of ex-garages are selling used hoist. But yeh i'd love one in my house too ...imagine what my missus would say...mhmhm
              Yeah from what I know they are quite reasonable, but not everyone has a suitable place to put one I guess.

More chequebook racing

After over 9 years of being unable to adjust my rear camber I decided it was time for me to invest in a set of rear adjustable upper arms. It also means I can lower my car more and not have to worry about excessive rear camber . Since we were getting stuff from SPMS and there was room in one of the boxes I chose to go for the Hardrace arms. Mostly because they offer a spherical bearing model but with dust boots so the longevity of them should be better than some alternatives. And they are dirt cheap compared to the J's Racing or other alternatives. I didn't want to go for rubber and I really didn't want to get something with polyurethane bushes so that discounted many of the other popular choices.

Also pictured are the PCi front lower control arm spherical bushess for those that haven't seen them. I should get a chance to install both items on the weekend so I will post pictures and install impressions then. Then on to Symmons Plains early in the new year for testing.

Comment

If you'd only tell me youd' be getting rear camber arms I woulda followed Tom..gosh!. Btw looking nice. How durable are these compared to other brands btw? their spherical so i'm assuming outlasting the others like buddyclub, m&m etc?

Comment

I dont want to hijack your thread, but is the Hardrace rear camber kit reliable; as in it won't break down or anything? I cant find any reviews on the product.

I know that one member from here had his buddyclub rear camber shattered.

There is some on ebay for $110 US, which is quite cheap comparing it to JDMyard; $200.

Comment

Originally posted by OMGRX7 View Post
                    I dont want to hijack your thread, but is the Hardrace rear camber kit reliable; as in it won't break down or anything? I cant find any reviews on the product.

There is some on ebay for $110 US, which is quite cheap comparing it to JDMyard; $200.
                    Hardrace makes a good product. I've used it on the race car for the past 2 years without any issue
                    BYP Racing & Developments
                    Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                    STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Curiously Tom, i know you've had your car since new and being MR like mine
                      Whats the condition of the car (paint wise)??
                      Is it still in pretty new nick or abit faded??
                      Reason i ask is because i bought mine almost 2 years ago but since had it resprayed in MR thats all
                      Want to get an idea of other owners MR DC5's..
                      You ever wax/polish it??

Cheers mate

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                        Reason i ask is because i bought mine almost 2 years ago but since had it resprayed in MR thats all
                        You ever wax/polish it??

Cheers mate
                        Milano red fades...
                        I use red turtle wax and it seems to bring it back to the natural red, but some parts are fading to pink.. But i guess mine is daily driven and sits in the sun all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
                          Milano red fades...
                          I use red turtle wax and it seems to bring it back to the natural red, but some parts are fading to pink.. But i guess mine is daily driven and sits in the sun all day.
                          I use turtle wax myself but im asking Tom since he's had his car since new and it looks like it hasn't faded so yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                            If you'd only tell me youd' be getting rear camber arms I woulda followed Tom..gosh!. Btw looking nice. How durable are these compared to other brands btw? their spherical so i'm assuming outlasting the others like buddyclub, m&m etc?
                            Sorry fella . I am sure they will be fairly durable and I assume it isn't too hard a task to replace the spherical bearing if it wears. Will report once I actually get it on track .

Originally posted by OMGRX7 View Post

As Benson says Hardrace have a fairly decent reputation in the US road racing circles and I haven't heard of any failures so I am hoping they will last well. The steel they are made of is basically the same gauge as the OEM arms so as long as the welds are good, the materials are good and the threaded section is adequate for the loads the arms sees I don't see any problems with the design.

You ever wax/polish it??

Cheers mate
                            Unfortunately my car isn't original paint, it was heavily scratched around 5 years ago and mostly repainted. Before then I wasn't meticulous with maintaining the paint and there was some fading. Since however I have tried to polish the car every so often and keep a decent coat of wax/sealant on it whenever I can and it doesn't seem to be showing any signs of fading or oxidation.

I use Auto Glym super resin polish and extra gloss protection because they are pretty easy to apply and the gloss protection really seems to last and protect the paint. There are plenty of products out there though and some of them are probably better and last longer. Since your car has been recently repainted I guess I would advise you to keep a good coat of wax/sealant on the car all the time and you probably won't have a problem for years to come .

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                              Sorry fella . I am sure they will be fairly durable and I assume it isn't too hard a task to replace the spherical bearing if it wears. Will report once I actually get it on track .

As Benson says Hardrace have a fairly decent reputation in the US road racing circles and I haven't heard of any failures so I am hoping they will last well. The steel they are made of is basically the same gauge as the OEM arms so as long as the welds are good, the materials are good and the threaded section is adequate for the loads the arms sees I don't see any problems with the design.

Unfortunately my car isn't original paint, it was heavily scratched around 5 years ago and mostly repainted. Before then I wasn't meticulous with maintaining the paint and there was some fading. Since however I have tried to polish the car every so often and keep a decent coat of wax/sealant on it whenever I can and it doesn't seem to be showing any signs of fading or oxidation.

I use Auto Glym super resin polish and extra gloss protection because they are pretty easy to apply and the gloss protection really seems to last and protect the paint. There are plenty of products out there though and some of them are probably better and last longer. Since your car has been recently repainted I guess I would advise you to keep a good coat of wax/sealant on the car all the time and you probably won't have a problem for years to come .
                              Thanks Tom, i'll try what u've been using but i use Turtle Wax aswell which seems to be doing pretty good for me i reckon =)

Cheers mate

Comment

Thanks Tom, i'll try what u've been using but i use Turtle Wax aswell which seems to be doing pretty good for me i reckon =)

Cheers mate
                                No worries, best of luck in bucking the Milano Pink trend .

ClubRSX Car of the Month

So I have been nominated for the ClubRSX car of the month with the theme Best International DC5. Our very own Stevan along with SpoonS were also nominated so head on through to the thread HERE if you have an account on ClubRSX and vote for one of us! (if you think one of us deserves it )

Comment

Working...
                                X