No announcement yet.

♦ ♦ ChargeR's DC5R Blog ♦ ♦

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't posted in this thread for ages and progress on my car is slow.

Hopefully my new setup should debut somewhere around late March. The tyres that I am going to use are not in stock in Australia and the sole distributor will not have stock until nearly then . I also need to acquire a baffled sump of some sort, as I am not keen on pushing my luck any further running semi slick tyres with only overfilled oil to prevent oil starvation . It has worked for more than 10 track days so far though though.

Comment

Slow progress is better than none at all
      WIN haha
      Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

I decided to change my plugs today as they were around 20,000 kms overdue. This is about the most exciting thing to happen to my car in some time. I used the OEM specified NGKs, part number IFR7G-11KS, picked them up from my local Repco. Yes I am bored enough to post about this.

Below is a pic of the new plugs and what the old plugs looked like when they came out. Not too bad for 120,000 km old plugs, they are a little light in colour which might mean I am running on the lean side but there seems to be no signs of detonation or anything similar. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Minty fresh:

Not so minty:

Comment

Yeah,
          Those outgoing ones don't look that good.
          But like you said 120k not bad then

Comment

umm you went to buy from repco?

how much did those set you back there?
            Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
            some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
            Originally posted by tinkerbell
            if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
            A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
            Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

wow those plugs looks like crap. good thing you decided to change em. it might even help with your fuel economy...... haha
              "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wlee2 View Post

i too wish to know
                sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                  i too wish to know

They were around 22 dollars each from memory. Not cheap but I only have to change them every 7 years so meh .

Originally posted by maracer View Post
                  Yeah,
                  Those outgoing ones don't look that good.
                  But like you said 120k not bad then
                  They looked pretty good really, I could have cleaned them up and given them to Mugsee and he would use them .

Originally posted by DrTran View Post
                  wow those plugs looks like crap. good thing you decided to change em. it might even help with your fuel economy...... haha
                  Fuel economy? What fuel economy. For me there is only VTAK.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                    They looked pretty good really, I could have cleaned them up and given them to Mugsee and he would use them .
                    Quoted for truth..

i have almost seen that happend when mugsee was raiding my 2ndhand Irridiums =P

seeying if i had a full set of one particular type haha
                    Memorable quotes

Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Update 7 - Innovative Mounts 85a Race

Over the weekend I had a set of Innovative Race mounts forced on me by Whtdc2 (thanks Stephen ). I believe he thought that I was the only person he knew silly enough to run them on a daily driver. They are the steel model with 85a race hardness inserts and the optional front mount.

Install

I installed the mounts yesterday afternoon and this morning in the nearly 40 degree heat lying on the hot concrete of my driveway. Not fun. Fit of the mounts was surprisingly good with very little maneuvering required to get them in place. I did them one by one and I was sure to support the end of the motor that I was working on.

There was only one small flaw in the fitment, the three bolts that fix the driver's side mount to the chassis were slightly too short for the thicker steel of the Innovative mounts, so I am going to pick up some slightly longer ones for more thread engagement. Also the Innovative driver's side mount does not have provision for the earthing point that is on the OEM mount so I ghetto rigged it with a cable tie, If I can be bothered in the future I may drill and tap a hole for the strap. Other than that the install went quite smoothly and I got them all in in a little over 3 hours by myself.

Mini Review

I have been test driving these mounts today and I am pretty pleased with how they perform. The motor feels very solid and throttle and clutch actuation is very firm and predictable. Vibrations are much more significant than the ESMM inserts I had previously but still acceptable to me, and it doesn't help that I have been driving around with the A/C on full bore due to the heat. With the A/C on every time I pull away from a stop in the 1000-2000RPM range my CD player skips constantly. Noise throughout the rev range has increased significantly. The CD also skips randomly when I accelerate or decelerate sometimes too.

Overall I like them .

The set of four mounts

The passenger side mount installed

Driver's side mounts. You can see the ghetto rigged earth strap in this picture.

Gratuitous engine bay shot

I have also updated my first couple of posts with my current modification list .

Comment

nice nice....85a aint to hard for streets. Should of went for the solid ones :P
                        BYP Racing & Developments
                        Built. Tuned. Driven
                        Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

looks hot guy!

now i want a set lol..
                          Memorable quotes

Comment

Driver's side mounts. You can see the ghetto rigged earth strap in this picture.

That still works? That is now the new standard by which ghetto fab will be known. Although, you haven't seen my catch can fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
                              nice nice....85a aint to hard for streets. Should of went for the solid ones :P
                              Haha thanks, but I am way too soft to go for the solid mounts .

looks hot guy!

now i want a set lol..
                              You need a set. Your ghettoed up poly filled mounts are not a match for these. Trust me .

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                              That still works? That is now the new standard by which ghetto fab will be known. Although, you haven't seen my catch can fitting.
                              Uhhh it might still work, there is still some metal to metal contact . I only cable tied it there to keep it out of the way and because I didn't want to completely remove it. Can't wait to see your yellow machine in my rear view mirror at Wakey .

I think Wang (Wlee2) might have a suitable sized drill and tap so I might clean it up this weekend.

Comment

[SIZE="2"]
                                the Innovative driver's side mount does not have provision for the earthing point that is on the OEM mount so I ghetto rigged it with a cable tie, If I can be bothered in the future I may drill and tap a hole for the strap. Other than that the install went quite smoothly and I got them all in in a little over 3 hours by myself.
                                them .
                                I did drill a hold on it......and it work ok....you can have a look of mine if you have time......think it may help......
                                Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                                1)ブレーキを踏む
                                2)クラッチを切る
                                3)シフトダウンしなから、
                                  アクセルをぶかす
                                4)クラッチをつなぐ
                                :blah:
                                インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                                人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Working...
                                X