♦ ♦ ChargeR's DC5R Blog ♦ ♦

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Manny View Post
    Shame you had to raise the front, but still looking good there lad...
    Thanks! I should be able to lower it another half inch or so once I mod my fenderliners and flare the front guards.

Originally posted by Stinger View Post
    Great thread tom. Inspiration to mr crew.
    Thanks. MR pho life .

Random update

I had my rotors machined to try and sort a random noise I was having. Also rebuilt my front left caliper to try to fix same noise. I will post up a DIY for the caliper rebuild when I do the other side sometime in the next week.

Random noise ended up being wheel bearing which is now fixed ready for track on Sunday. Woop woop!

Comment

Good to hear that.......finally........so ready for the challange?.......
      Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
      1)ブレーキを踏む
      2)クラッチを切る
      3)シフトダウンしなから、
        アクセルをぶかす
      4)クラッチをつなぐ
      :blah:
      インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
      人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

You need more camber !!!

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
        Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

woot post results on track

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post
            You need more camber !!!
            Bah I am only half a degree or so short of you guy. One more pair of camber bolts and you will be exceeded .

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
            woot post results on track
            I am not expecting any miracles. I am on my bald 2 year old 16" RE55s .

Originally posted by air23box View Post
            Good to hear that.......finally........so ready for the challange?.......
            Thanks. Thanks for the lend of your stock LCA and stuff too. I will bring them back sometime this week .

Comment

Glad to hear you fixed that noise guy!

Hurry up and get some tires

Good luck today friend, let me know how you go.
              Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
              "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
              sigpic
              itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
              send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

HSCCV at Winton - 30th November

This past Sunday myself and a few of the other Melbourne members went up to Winton for a track day with the Honda Sports Car Club of Victoria. A good time was had by all.

My personal best for the day was 1.43.93, which is well short of my previous best of 1.43.01. I didn't get a massive number of laps because I foolishly put myself in the intermediate group initially and did some flag marshalling in the afternoon. My nemesis Mugsee is getting further and further ahead of me and he is on crappy street tyres . I ran on my old 205/55R16 RE55s on the day and I think they are finally done as canvas/cords are visible on one of them.

I was happy with the way my car performed on the day with more front negative camber and stiffer front springs, and I anticipate that it will handle well with my planned staggered 17" tyre setup.

Times for the day

2:13.7800
                2:17.5000
                1:50.5300
                1:47.1900
                1:44.5000
                1:44.8600
                1:44.5800
                1:52.2200
                1:51.2200
                1:45.0400
                1:45.1800
                1:45.7300
                1:44.9100
                1:45.2500
                8:17.4200
                1:46.8100
                1:47.0500
                1:43.9300
                1:44.3300
                1:45.1900
                1:44.7500

Pics thanks to mugsee

Last edited by ChargeR; 09-12-08, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Nice times, but aren't you meant to go faster on slicks?

I'm glad that you've finally admitted that your tyres are shagged. They were due for a change 3 track days ago.

So, what tyres are you getting next?
                  Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

good on ya for being a flaggie Tom - you helped other peeps have a great day too
                    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
                      Nice times, but aren't you meant to go faster on slicks?

I'm glad that you've finally admitted that your tyres are shagged. They were due for a change 3 track days ago.

So, what tyres are you getting next?
                      Big ones!

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                      good on ya for being a flaggie Tom - you helped other peeps have a great day too
                      Thanks. The station where we were flagging was actually a really good spot to watch from and I only got to wave my blue flag a couple of times at TeMp since there were no incidents to speak of. A really smooth and safe day and the first day I have been to for a while where there have been no incidents .

Comment

Lol at Waving the flags at Vincent..
                        Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                        some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                        Originally posted by tinkerbell
                        if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                        A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                        Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Mini Update

I rebuilt my front brake calipers recently so they now look like this which is a significant improvement over the condition they were in previously. LINK to DIY:

I also got hold of some genuine NOS SSR stickers from a guy in the US, so I can refurbish my wheels to mint condition when I have the monies and decide what colour I want them. The stickers are a little hard to come by since the original Type C has been discontinued and I don't like the look of the newer Type C RS stickers. They are USDM so they are intended for use on SSR Competitions but I will probably only use the "SSR" and "SEMI SOLID FORGING" stickers so it doesn't bother me .

Last edited by ChargeR; 10-12-08, 04:33 PM.

Comment

cool,
                            just wondering, do you run hub centering rings for your SSR?
                            any ideas where I can get some?

Comment

Originally posted by lukits01 View Post
                              cool,
                              just wondering, do you run hub centering rings for your SSR?
                              any ideas where I can get some?
                              Nah I don't use them. I don't even have any idea what the centre bore is either you would have to measure them with a vernier caliper and see whether a tyre shop would have the rings although you might need custom ones if your wheel's centre bore is not common.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                                Nah I don't use them. I don't even have any idea what the centre bore is either you would have to measure them with a vernier caliper and see whether a tyre shop would have the rings although you might need custom ones if your wheel's centre bore is not common.
                                the SSR centrebore is an odd size, quite big 79.5mm tire places wanted like $60/ring to get them made, seeing if there's a cheaper alternative.

Comment

Working...
                                X