No announcement yet.

♦ ♦ ChargeR's DC5R Blog ♦ ♦

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what dod u polish/wax the wheels with? any paint polish/wax available? or special wheel polish/wax?
    2004 Integra DC5 Luxury Alabaster/Satin Silver

Comment

ace!
      Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
      "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
      sigpic
      itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
      send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Originally posted by m0nk3y View Post
        what dod u polish/wax the wheels with? any paint polish/wax available? or special wheel polish/wax?
        I just used the stuff I already had for my car; Auto Glym Polish and Extra Gloss Protection and I clayed with a Meguiars clay bar and quick detailer. It made a bit of a mess of my clay bar though so I will probably only be using it for wheels from now on.

Comment

saw u turning onto wellington rd from springvale rd yesterday. car sounds amazing mate

Comment

much justified rims tom! looking awesome too!

see you soon

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
              much justified rims tom! looking awesome too!

see you soon
              Thanks Jingaling! Good to see you posting again guy, and I can't wait for your car to be finished.

Originally posted by danielj View Post
              saw u turning onto wellington rd from springvale rd yesterday. car sounds amazing mate
              Thanks! My car is sounding pretty rough these days though my exhaust is very banged up.

Comment

Update: New stuff fitted

I finally decided to fit all my new stuff and get a wheel alignment this past week. The new parts I put on were:
                • Swift springs (14kg/mm, 65mm ID, 6" length)
                • J's Racing steel wheel nuts
                • SSR Type Cs

The spring swap took me the best part of a day as I completely disassembled my front struts and cleaned them before reassembling them with the new springs in place. Special thanks to mugsee for lending his special brand of fury to undo one of the collars that was seized. I preloaded the springs by around 1 mm just to stop them rattling around and making noises on low speed turns. No noises since the install so I am guessing I did an okay job. I haven't noticed a huge decrease in ride comfort since the install, if anything the car is more comfortable without the massive mismatch of the previous 10kg/mm front springs compared to the 24kg/mm rear springs. Pretty happy with my choice to go stiffer at the front, especially as it allows me to run more dumped, but the test will be when I get back to the track later this month.

After doing all this suspension work I got a wheel alignment. Here are the new specs:

Front camber: -5.3
                Rear camber: -2.6ish
                Front toe: 0
                Rear toe: 0
                Front ride height: 330mm from centre of wheel to guard.

Specs are the same as they were previously except I have increased front camber to help my new wheel and tyre combo clear the guards. I had initially set the car very low at the front but the tyres were scrubbing on the fenderliner clips and I don't want to remove the fenderliners until I absolutely have to so I raised it back up around 10mm. I also rolled my rear guards because the tyre was sitting on the guard lip previously. No rubbing at the current ride height .

Moogens clean and ready for reassembly

New wheel nuts

The finished product

Comment

-5.3 looks like my old ae86 now

just a pic for good old times sake

Last edited by Jingers; 04-11-08, 04:46 PM.

Comment

I would be so intimidated to see your car on my side mirror Tom...

You should get a plate that says "AGRO R" LOL

Comment

nice looking Tom..
                      - Project R -

Comment

those are some pretty nice camera shots
                        "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

Great blog! Nice read!

Originally posted by ChargeR
                          Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by zeth_an View Post
                            I would be so intimidated to see your car on my side mirror Tom...

You should get a plate that says "AGRO R" LOL
                            Hehe thanks man. Custom plates are not really charger style though, I try to keep a low profile .

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
                            nice looking Tom..
                            Originally posted by DrTran View Post
                            those are some pretty nice camera shots
                            Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
                            Great blog! Nice read!
                            Thanks guys.

Mini Update

I gave in to my inner ricer and bought another set of wheel nuts for hard parking: Kics R40 Neo Chro. They look nice and make me happy. Not sure why I need two sets of wheel nuts.

Comment

Shame you had to raise the front, but still looking good there lad...
                              Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

Great thread tom. Inspiration to mr crew.

Comment

Working...
                                X