♦ ♦ ChargeR's DC5R Blog ♦ ♦

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.R View Post
    no need to worry. everyone lost power that day. and your car sound like it running fine.. i lost 3 kw.. >.< but nothing to worry about.. i don't feel like i lost any power.. but 3kw i doubt would be noticeable.. all the best for you on track
    Thanks Michael. I am not very worried about my engine as I know all too well the factors that could work against me.

Originally posted by Q_ball View Post
    LOL, that's some epic failure right there...
    But for some reason, I dont recall seeing you park like that... O.o
    That pic is photoshopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and from having seen quite a few shops in my time .

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
    Maybe I can help you out a little in possibly explaining to the peoples why a perfectly healthy car which is religiously maintained, would produce a significant amount of power less than what it previously did.

Questions for ChargeR to answer:
    1) Why did you fill up your engine oil levels before you dyno'ed your car?
    2) How much oil did you put in and how did you measure how much oil to put in, whilst you were on a slope?
    3) Where is the oil level markings now, whilst the engine is cold/engine is warm?
    4) Will overfilling your engine with oil affect performance?
    5) Why did the guys at Protek struggle to get your car to roll in a straight line whilst on the rollers?
    6) Is there some kind of significance to a cars alignment and power?

I think your cars powah is normal. Its all in your head.
    I think my cars power is nothing to worry about too. That is why I didn't try to make excuses to explain an arbitrary number on a piece of paper . Thanks for asking me all these questions guy.

To answer your questions; Yes I had too much oil in my car. I checked the oil on a slight slope and decided to add some which was probably not wise. The fault lies with me being used to adding significant amounts of oil to my car, but lately it does not seem to be using much.

This resulted in an oil level above the top dot when cold, so well above the top dot when hot. This is approximately the oil level that I use when on track so I don't think it is excessive. You are correct though it is possible that a higher level of oil in the sump could affect power if it was foaming up and creating extra drag on the crank as it spins. I think this unlikely though.

You are correct about the dyno operators struggling to get my car to stay straight, although I am confident my toe is still reasonable. However my -4.6 camber may have contributed as this is literally the only change to the car since the last dyno. I have no idea if these alignment settings would affect power. It is feasible that the camber affects rolling resistance to some degree.

All these points are however moot, as we have no evidence to support them . I hope that everyone found this response as utterly pointless as I did.

Comment

how do u expect to be a hardparker when you park like that
      Last edited by tRipitaka; 22-09-08, 02:03 PM.

Comment

so much love wilson

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
          I think my cars power is nothing to worry about too. That is why I didn't try to make excuses to explain an arbitrary number on a piece of paper . Thanks for asking me all these questions guy.

All these points are however moot, as we have no evidence to support them . I hope that everyone found this response as utterly pointless as I did.
          Dyno figures are not just an arbitrary number - they mean serious business! Dyno figures = women. Just ask how Qballer how he faired from his days as Autosalon champ.

But in all seriousness, the points made above could all contribute, but I guess we'll never know. I only raised them because I was only trying to cheer up (an) emo kid.

Originally posted by Fkjaccord
          There is a time and place once again for unwanted comments like these.
          Informative comments will be more productive

Thank you..
          ps. This is not ozhonda!
          Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

ROFL!! go wilson!!

Originally posted by Fkjaccord
            There is a time and place once again for unwanted comments like these.
            Informative comments will be more productive

Thank you..
            ps. This is not ozhonda!

Comment

reset the camber to 0, BANG 130kw
              BYP Racing & Developments
              Built. Tuned. Driven
              Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by tRipitaka View Post
                how do u expect to be a hardparker when you park like that
                I will have to rely on you for a tutorial on how on hard park. I fear my skills in this area are sorely lacking.

But in all seriousness, the points made above could all contribute, but I guess we'll never know. I only raised them because I was only trying to cheer up (an) emo kid.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3223/...ea3673714f.jpg
                Thanks for the efforts guy although I am less concerned by a number on a piece of paper than some others I might mention .

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
                reset the camber to 0, BANG 130kw
                Definitely

Comment

Update: New springs

Here are a few pics of some new acquisitions thanks to shin78 my JDM friend . I have decided to up my front spring rate so I have purchased a pair of 14kg/mm swift springs. They are 65mm ID and 6" long. These will be going in after the Winton trackday on the 28th of September and I will be adjusting my ride height (much lower ) and revising my alignment settings.

I also picked up a pair of front caliper rebuild kits. My car is pushing 7 years old now and I am trying to stay ahead of some maintenance so I thought that it might be wise to rebuild my calipers, since they are subject to fairly decent heat and a lot of brake dust on track. I will be doing this after the upcoming track day too. If I can be bothered I might post up a quick DIY.

Bouncy bouncy:

Caliper rebuild kits:

EDIT: The caliper rebuild kits pictured are actually for a DC2 VtiR because I am a retard and grabbed the wrong ones out of the box. So don't use this part number if you want rebuild kits for DC5 calipers .
                  Last edited by ChargeR; 24-09-08, 04:55 PM.

Comment

does the springs fit to TEIN SS? I want get lower my car too..jealous your car now..hohoho

Comment

Originally posted by JKDC5R View Post
                      does the springs fit to TEIN SS? I want get lower my car too..jealous your car now..hohoho
                      Hmm you might be able to get different springs for your SS however I wouldn't recommend using 6" springs on your SS, or going lower than the SS will allow. These springs are the same length as the ones currently on my front coilovers. I don't think that SS are really designed to go low, whereas the I could tuck an inch of tyre at all four corners if I felt like it on the Mugens.

Comment

Good to see you keep updating your BLOG

A DIY on your caliper rebuild kit would be good.

Also those spring look tuff, Hope they fulfill your requirement

Comment

Update: Winton - 28th September

Headed up to Winton for the Tampered Motorsport track day yesterday with a huge crew from ClubITR . I didn't manage to better my personal best with a best time for the day of 1:44.00 compared to my previous best of 1.43.0. I was struggling all day with driving consistently and smoothly, and my car had a lot of oversteer possibly due to the mismatched wear of my tyres. I think this resulted in some interesting passenger laps for the privileged guys that got a ride in my car . At the end of the day my tyres were pretty much dead so it is time I started looking for some replacements. On the up side my car did not feel down on power at all considering last weekends dyno results and straightaway speeds were similar to what I had experienced in the past even though I was probably slower out of the corners.

Pretty much all I had to show for the day was a lot of dead bugs . Picture thanks to mugsee.

A picture of me on track thanks to Didz.

Comment

Shit that's many dead bugs mang....

Comment

Originally posted by hebe View Post
                              Shit that's many dead bugs mang....
                              lol.. worried about dead bugs..

not that the fact his semi looked more like slicks ^_^..
                              Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                              some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                              Originally posted by tinkerbell
                              if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                              A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                              Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

tread blocks are overrated, you should try out the dunlop r-specs next time D01J, D02G D03G etc!
                                Convertible Type R

Comment

Working...
                                X