♦ ♦ ChargeR's DC5R Blog ♦ ♦

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
    Uhhh no. It now says INSIDE in big block letters on the outside of my tyres .
    You should really look for a new tyre shop. The guy who mounted your tyres is a silly boy who can't read engrish.

Last edited by mugsee; 23-09-08, 07:59 AM. Reason: Picture links
    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
      You should really look for a new tyre shop. The guy who mounted your tyres is a silly boy who can't read engrish.

I spot you taking that shoot......no wonder you was checking his front wheel out on the stop.....
      Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
      1)ブレーキを踏む
      2)クラッチを切る
      3)シフトダウンしなから、
        アクセルをぶかす
      4)クラッチをつなぐ
      :blah:
      インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
      人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

gun metal SSR rims??? would they be this?
        sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by hebe View Post
          They're SSR rims not because of your signature but the design of the spoke...
          You are correct guy. I can't give out any more information than that sadly.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...R/IMG_1879.jpg
          Thanks for the pic mugman. Please don't tell the po po my tyres are inside out .

Originally posted by Didz View Post
          gun metal SSR rims??? would they be this?
          http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheel...anth_ci3_l.jpg
          Not quite. The wheels I have on the way are sadly no longer in production.

Comment

Ahh well, see them on Sat/Sun/Winton?

Side note, are you looking at Kpro'ing your car? You dont have headers atm do u, which brands you looking at? (sorry if i am mistaken).
            sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Update: Dyno day at Pro-Tek Automotive

Yesterday I went along to an EXE crew organised dyno day at the same workshop that I had previously dyno'd at. Very well run day and the guys are Pro-Tek are decent. My car produced 12kW at the wheels less than last time with no changes to the drivetrain. I am not exactly sure why but I have my suspicions. The power curve itself is very similarly shaped, just lower. A/F is slightly richer in the top end compared to the previous dyno.

I am reluctant to make excuses as to why my car made less power so I am not going to . Pics are thanks to my partner in crime mugsee.

Here is the dyno graph:

The car with the owner in tow:

Picture me rolling:

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                Ahh well, see them on Sat/Sun/Winton?

Side note, are you looking at Kpro'ing your car? You dont have headers atm do u, which brands you looking at? (sorry if i am mistaken).
                Sadly my new acquisitions will not be at Winton. They are still 3 weeks away.

Kpro and an exhaust manifold are on the horizon, I just require funds. For the level of engine mods I am going to do (basic bolt-ons) I think that K-pro would be my preferred ECU option. It helps that I have a helpful local K-pro tuner .

Still on stock exhaust manifold. If I were to look for something aftermarket SSR would be on the top of my list. The other alternative is to go a JDM 70mm exhaust with a 2-1 and use a JDM DC5R 4-2 manifold or similar.

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
                  I spot you taking that shoot......no wonder you was checking his front wheel out on the stop.....
                  Haha. Its such a subtle thing that people don't normally notice. I'm was thinking about highlighting the 'INSIDE' writing in white chaulk/paint at Winton just for fun I think ChargeR did mention that this sounded like an awesome idea, but I don't know how many drinks he had before saying that.

It helps that I have a helpful local K-pro tuner .
                  Hondata Australia?
                  Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

In Sydney, do as Sydney people do. Park hard? ...no, park BAD!

Earlier on this year, Charger and I went up to Sydney after the WFP track day that Fly organised and while in Strathfield, Charger attempted to parallel park. This was the result:

Comment

In Sydney, do as Sydney people do. Park hard? ...no, park BAD!

Earlier on this year, Charger and I went up to Sydney after the WFP track day that Fly organised and while in Strathfield, Charger attempted to parallel park. This was the result:

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m.../IMAGE_010.jpg
                      http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m.../IMAGE_012.jpg

That is how we roll, or park, in Tasmania. I would swear before a jury that the sign said 45 degree angle parking .

I think that those pictures are missing necessary context

Comment

Yesterday I went along to an EXE crew organised dyno day at the same workshop that I had previously dyno'd at. Very well run day and the guys are Pro-Tek are decent. My car produced 12kW at the wheels less than last time with no changes to the drivetrain. I am not exactly sure why but I have my suspicions. The power curve itself is very similarly shaped, just lower. A/F is slightly richer in the top end compared to the previous dyno.

I am reluctant to make excuses as to why my car made less power so I am not going to . Pics are thanks to my partner in crime mugsee.
                        Hmmmmmmmmmm

Does it feel any less power to you?

Comment

Originally posted by maracer View Post
                          Hmmmmmmmmmm

Does it feel any less power to you?
                          I honestly haven't noticed much difference, my car has felt very strong lately. I have some experience with dyno testing so I have a fair idea of their limitations and with this in mind I am semi keen to head back to Heathcote for a couple of runs sometime later this year to see whether I really am down on power.

Comment

I honestly haven't noticed much difference, my car has felt very strong lately. I have some experience with dyno testing so I have a fair idea of their limitations and with this in mind I am semi keen to head back to Heathcote for a couple of runs sometime later this year to see whether I really am down on power.
                            no need to worry. everyone lost power that day. and your car sound like it running fine.. i lost 3 kw.. >.< but nothing to worry about.. i don't feel like i lost any power.. but 3kw i doubt would be noticeable.. all the best for you on track

Comment

That is how we roll, or park, in Tasmania. I would swear before a jury that the sign said 45 degree angle parking .

I think that those pictures are missing necessary context
                              LOL, that's some epic failure right there...
                              But for some reason, I dont recall seeing you park like that... O.o
                              Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

I am reluctant to make excuses as to why my car made less power so I am not going to .
                                Maybe I can help you out a little in possibly explaining to the peoples why a perfectly healthy car which is religiously maintained, would produce a significant amount of power less than what it previously did.

Questions for ChargeR to answer:
                                1) Why did you fill up your engine oil levels before you dyno'ed your car?
                                2) How much oil did you put in and how did you measure how much oil to put in, whilst you were on a slope?
                                3) Where is the oil level markings now, whilst the engine is cold/engine is warm?
                                4) Will overfilling your engine with oil affect performance?
                                5) Why did the guys at Protek struggle to get your car to roll in a straight line whilst on the rollers?
                                6) Is there some kind of significance to a cars alignment and power?

I think your cars powah is normal. Its all in your head.

Comment

Working...
                                X