Mugsee's DC5R Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
    I retuned the car again for an AFR of around 13:1 on WOT and left part throttle to figure itself out at 14.7:1.
    Geez.. I dont know how you can get that much out of a litre. At most I can get from the full tank is 480kms till the fuel light comes on.

... my engine check light decided to rear its ugly face and give me the huge fright halfway through one of the sessions. .....

..... I quickly asked him if there would be any negative consequences to continuing to track with it to which he said "there shouldn't be", so I headed out again and set my fastest lap for the day. ...........
    I could imagine how you would feel. I felt the same when it showed its ugly face. LOL. Wayne is right. There is no problem at all if it is just from the sensors, but the car will be running rich and the car will behave slightly different because too much fuel injected and the car always want to come to a halt as the rpm meter drops below 800.

I've actually now disabled the o2 sensor completely so that the ECU has no reading from it, which also disables the check engine light from showing up. Do you have an after-market ECU Rudi?
    I haven't disable the knock sensor but I have cleared the code twice. I will however change the knock sensor and see what happen.

I have a stock ECU. I have been changing too much car parts recently that I don't want to get an aftermarket ECU just yet. There is no reliable tuner in Adelaide as well. So, I will wait till I move to Melbourne next year. *hint hint* LOL.
    - Project R -

Comment

I'll post the pics when I get home tonite......
      pm me about the dyno day too mug....cheers..
      Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
      1)ブレーキを踏む
      2)クラッチを切る
      3)シフトダウンしなから、
        アクセルをぶかす
      4)クラッチをつなぐ
      :blah:
      インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
      人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

very nice Mugsee.
        BYP Racing & Developments
        Built. Tuned. Driven
        Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
          I haven't disable the knock sensor but I have cleared the code twice. I will however change the knock sensor and see what happen.

I have a stock ECU. I have been changing too much car parts recently that I don't want to get an aftermarket ECU just yet. There is no reliable tuner in Adelaide as well. So, I will wait till I move to Melbourne next year. *hint hint* LOL.
          When you say disable knock sensor, are you referring to your primary o2 sensor?

As for tuning, if you take the time to learn how to tune a Kpro, it isn't very hard and depending on how serious you take it, you can achieve better results than some of these 'professional' tuners. I guess you'll have to wait to see what a ghetto backyard tune can achieve when compared to a professional tune.

If you decide to tune it yourself, I'm more than happy to point you in the right direction.

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
          very nice Mugsee.
          Thanks dude Will you be coming to Winton at the end of the month?
          Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Thanks dude Will you be coming to Winton at the end of the month?
            Mostly likely not as spots are full atm.

Yes tuning on a kpro isnt that hard. Know what the values mean and off you go. It'll take some time to get used.
            BYP Racing & Developments
            Built. Tuned. Driven
            Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Damn Mugsee!
              Nice photos..

where was the carpark shot taken?
              we should go for a photoshoot some time

Comment

Originally posted by Fkjaccord View Post
                Damn Mugsee!
                Nice photos..

where was the carpark shot taken?
                we should go for a photoshoot some time
                Thanks buddy! The photos of my car were taken at Doncaster Shoppingtown.

Here are a couple of other shots that I took with ChargeR a while ago:

Last edited by mugsee; 23-09-08, 07:58 AM. Reason: links to photos
                Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

^wooooo camberrrrr
                  Chk Chk Boom!

Comment

hey mugsee so you disabled the o2 sensor? the primary one ?

will this affect the car in any way?

what about knock sensor ?
                    19,000 rpm still going

Comment

For sure Mugsee, you have some mad skillz with the camera. I like the industrial feel of the bottom pic with the smoke plume in the background.

More pics prz

Comment

Originally posted by Prowl View Post
                        For sure Mugsee, you have some mad skillz with the camera. I like the industrial feel of the bottom pic with the smoke plume in the background.

More pics prz
                        It's very underground street scene.
                        sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by philly View Post
                          ^wooooo camberrrrr
                          I'm hoping to do some hard parking soon with a bit of added camber although even with my current setup maxed out (additional camber bolt), I still won't be close to ChargeR's -4.5.

Originally posted by EK4R View Post
                          hey mugsee so you disabled the o2 sensor? the primary one ?

will this affect the car in any way?

what about knock sensor ?
                          I've disabled the primary o2 sensor which reads the AFR, which feeds information back to the ECU and determines closed loop AFR. By disabling the sensor, my AFR is now undetermined (I think 13:1) during closed loop driving which results in crappy fuel ecconomy. It also means I can't see any AFR readings when I datalog.

I have not touched the knock sensor in anyway. The knock sensor and 'CEL flash when knocking feature' stays on all the time for me, unlike some other Hondata tuners who choose to disable it for their customers.

Originally posted by Prowl View Post

More pics prz
                          Thanks for the compliments!

I managed to take a series of photos with ChargeR but I didn't really like a lot of them, hence only posted two up. I'm still thinking about posting a couple more up.
                          Last edited by mugsee; 18-09-08, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Fine looking car!

Comment

Enough thinking! Post! Hehe

Comment

i don't dig the spoiler looks out of place but its ur choice dud.

Comment

Working...
                                X