Review on DC5/EP3 Mugen dead pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review on DC5/EP3 Mugen dead pedal

I bought a Mugen dead pedal from JDM Concept and leonardie had the item sent in from Japan in a pretty decent time.

http://jdmconcept.com.au/index.php?o...detail&cid=270

It came with instructions, two rivetts. Was contemplating installing this myself as all I needed to buy was a rivett gun. Because i would never rivett anything else in my life, I found it unneccessary to purchase one and have an attempt at rivetting it to my car.

Since I was going into Top One to get a service done, might as well have Dedy and his crew install it. However i got a call from Dedy saying theres a drama with the deadrest. This pedal to be installed ideally had to have the carpet removed.

He said I had 3 options;

1) take apart the centerconsole, recaro's and remove the carpet to install the pedal correctly.

2) use a longer pair of screws instead of the supplied rivetts but a downside of this is Dedy's fear of longevity as he suspected the screws may come loose over time

3) cut away part of the carpet to install the deadrest. Dedy said a downside on this option was if my left foot was to ever slip off the deadrest/clutch I could rip the carpet. I also wasnt prepared to alter the carpet either.

Because I wasnt happy with all three options, I said dont worry about it and i'll have a strut king deadrest.

I ended up selling the deadrest to Phuong as he will attempt to self modify this pedal to fit an EK

Cliff note:

Only purchase this mugen pedal if you are prepared to remove the carpet and interior bits and bobbs.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000
Working...
X