No announcement yet.

[VIC] Official Annual ClubITR BBQ 27th November 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most perfect day for a BBQ and a cruise after with a sweet finishing cruise.

Thank Tom and Michael for organizing the route and food, Matt for the pre meet and Uc for helping to guide cars into photo positions (plus hurling abuse).

Rudi's car is actually the same shade of paint as all the other DC5Rs but the guy has spent many many hours clay baring and cleaning his car. Looked amazing!

Comment

Thanks Tom for organizing a great event, not an easy task, well done mate. BTW I have 1 of your utensils?
      Also thanks to all the helpers and guy’s taking photo’s too.

Hey Jas, I liked all your 70 pic’s on FaceBook…..lolz

Comment

Originally posted by maracer View Post
        Hey Jas, I liked all your 70 pic’s on FaceBook…..lolz
        yeah, under 6 minutes, all i see is the notifications building up...ROFL...bit keen ay =P

Comment

Hey hey now where is my thanks at I did help a little lol. Had a great time Tom thanks for organizing. Also thanks again Michael for letting me tag along in the Beat it was a great day. Too bad I'm not SUPER rich I would have imported my car over just to take it to the BBQ haha. But had a great time meeting everyone.

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
          Thanks to everyone for coming yesterday, the turnout was better than I could have hoped considering the weather looked a bit dicey in the morning! It was great to meet some new faces and also see some of the OGs again, and I hope you all had a good time . Sorry to the guys that we lost on the post barbecue cruise, next time we will specify the route in advance so that even if we get separated we can all meet up again at the next stop. I hope that everyone made it home safely, especially those without the ability to disengage their clutch!

Hopefully next year we can make it bigger and better, I have plenty of ideas to improve things and next year I will try to get some prizes and plan a location we can go for photos. I think next up though we should have a Melbourne Pho meet!

Thanks to mugsee/Michael for helping acquire the food and to maracer/Mario and all the others that helped out with the food preparation. No thanks to M@lew for posting up a picture of me in the first post.

Which one? There were 3 C west front bumpers there from my count. Also that facelifted blue DC5R that you are all getting moist about belongs to vippy84, maybe if you all pester him with PMs he will get a proper photo shoot done and post up some details on is car. Maybe track it too .
          "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

Thanks for organising the cruise ChargeR as well as everyone else who pitched in along the way (DazDC5s, TeMp, DrTran, Maracer - from the cooking of the BBQ to the taking home of rubbish

People were well behaved and friendly - perfect attitudes for a successful meet!

Lesson from the cruise: 'You don't win Melbourne ClubITR friends with salad'.

Btw, who were the guys that didn't show up and need the ban hammer?
            Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
              Where the frak has this been hiding! No idea what is it, DC5R with VBP respray? The paint looks a bit darker then the other DC5S which makes me think it was a respray, any infos?
              (
              Originally posted by TeMp View Post
              Rudi's car is actually the same shade of paint as all the other DC5Rs but the guy has spent many many hours clay baring and cleaning his car. Looked amazing!
              Thanks Vin, yes the car has the same shade as ABP DC5Rs.

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
              Which one? There were 3 C west front bumpers there from my count. Also that facelifted blue DC5R that you are all getting moist about belongs to vippy84, maybe if you all pester him with PMs he will get a proper photo shoot done and post up some details on is car. Maybe track it too .
              Hang in there. photoshoot is on its way
              - Project R -

Comment

nice cars...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
                  Uc for helping to guide cars into photo positions (plus hurling abuse).
                  ahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! had to or else they wont listen!!!

Comment

Thanks to all the guys from CITR .. it was my first meet n I had a blast.. I was also happy to see that I was not the only ep3 on the scene. The drive back to the bakery was fun.. Thanks charger for lettin me n Peter go up front for a mini ep3 touge battle hehe.. Hope to see u guys again soon

Comment

Well thats a meet that i had looked forward to for a while and it didnt disappoint.
                      Good array of cars and people to go with it too. I'm sure more would of came along if it wasnt for the dodgy morning weather.
                      Really good to see some new, old and familiar faces and chat away with a good bbq along with it.

It was good fun watching everyone getting the cars in position for the photos at the end, provided some laughs too.

Overall it was great meet. Although at the end it was confusing on what to do next after everyone was fed and pics were taken. I freaking got lost in the "Cruise" along with Mario heading to god knows where lol!

Oh by the way, was there clubitr stickers to be bought on the day? because i forgot to ask and if there was, damn i missed out.....

Comment

Nice photos as well everyone! Thanks to Matt and Uc for organising the pre-meets as well, even though no-one turned up to be friends with Uc .

Originally posted by F.O.B Squad View Post
                        Well thats a meet that i had looked forward to for a while and it didnt disappoint.
                        Good array of cars and people to go with it too. I'm sure more would of came along if it wasnt for the dodgy morning weather.
                        Really good to see some new, old and familiar faces and chat away with a good bbq along with it.

It was good fun watching everyone getting the cars in position for the photos at the end, provided some laughs too.

Overall it was great meet. Although at the end it was confusing on what to do next after everyone was fed and pics were taken. I freaking got lost in the "Cruise" along with Mario heading to god knows where lol!

Oh by the way, was there clubitr stickers to be bought on the day? because i forgot to ask and if there was, damn i missed out.....
                        Yeah sorry about that, I should have made it clear to everyone where we were going and how long it would take. Next time I will make the cruise route available beforehand so people know where we are going if we get separated. I hadn't planned on everyone being so keen to hang around!

I didn't bring any stickers because no-one expressed interest in the other thread, but I will get a stock from Felix for occasions like this.

Originally posted by Cristose View Post
                        Thanks to all the guys from CITR .. it was my first meet n I had a blast.. I was also happy to see that I was not the only ep3 on the scene. The drive back to the bakery was fun.. Thanks charger for lettin me n Peter go up front for a mini ep3 touge battle hehe.. Hope to see u guys again soon
                        Thanks for coming mate, and it was good to meet you. I had no choice in letting you guys go in front, I thought that something might break on my old old CR-X if I maintained that brisk pace!

Comment

Nice photos all! Great organisation of food and bbq as well as the photos.

Finally got around to getting my plates blurred etc. so here’s my recap of the day.

Around 8 cars turned up to the east-side pre-meet where all were met with happy faces. Departed for Sugarloaf without too many issues, only separated a couple of times but was probably for the better with the amount of cops we drove past!

Temp rocking up like a boss!

Old and New

Super clean DC2R.

Stock?

Or not?

Upon arriving at Sugarloaf, we eventually found our way to the BBQ point (after tackling a few really bad unnecessary speed bumps) where the BBQ was already up and going.

(Sorry Peter had to put this one up!)

Another ClubITR celeb - vippy84!

Everyone was very honest with their donations...

or maybe it was just the ClubITR bodyguard.

Once everyone was well fed, the photos started but it was hard as the sparse parking meant the group had to be split into 2.

A few other cars had come to check out what all the CITR fuss was about.

Lead by ClubITR moderator ChargeR...

with assistance from Temp...

Mugsee and Uc (not pictured)....

we got colour coordinated.

Comment

Thus was the outcome!

Overall was a really well run day (until I got lost on the cruise!) and I hope another meet like this can be organised soon before summer is over!

The rest of the pics.

Comment

Awesome Matt!! Far out so many hot cars down in Melb.

Edit: More likes please http://clubitr.com.au/vic-annual-bbq-2011
                              Last edited by felixR; 04-12-11, 12:23 PM.
                              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Great photos Matt! Who is that happy guy driving my car though. Random.

Comment

Working...
                                X