Gear Ratio For the Everyday "Street Racer"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gear Ratio For the Everyday "Street Racer"

ok Unlike what the title says this Spreadsheet is not for Street racing.

Use it at your own risk and Dont go speeding down the Freeway to prove that the values are correct =P..

Disclaimer: Neither I nor ClubITR holds any responsibility if you drive off a cliff while atempting to prove or disapprove that the formular does infact work.

Anyway

attached with this is a spreadsheet i created with a bit of help from the Gear Ratio Excel Spreadsheet from the CRSX Section (the Original was Created by a Greg Nakano) but has since been recreated and Changed (alot of change) to suite our Australia Forum and Australia Rice Boy Needs (Im joking ok we aint riceboys =P)...

it includes many of our favorite Hondas (save the DA integra which will be soon incorporated) and tells give you the option to see your speed in KMPH at high RPm in a large range of cars and Gearboxes, with variables such as Tire size Gearbox swaps rim size and so and so..

but anyway words only speak so much why not take a Gawk at the Spreadsheet itself and tell me what u think.

If you have any cars/gearboxes you wish to add to this SS (short for SpreadSheet) Just Email me at wayewynn@gmail.com

Tiresize can be changed for each car type. as well as RPM shift point all changable values are in the red boxes..

Anyway here it is.. Click HERE LAST UPDATED 17th October 2006

please tell me what u think your opinions are much appreciated Unless your just going to flame me in which case Pft!!..
    Last edited by Wlee2; 17-10-06, 08:31 PM.
    Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
    some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
    Originally posted by tinkerbell
    if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
    A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
    Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

and look for an upcoming "frankenstein gearbox" thread from me,

I got a abused ITR gearbox with LSD cheap as,

going to swap the Final Drive + LSD + 2nd & 3rd gears to make a ITR hybrid gearbox from my VTiR one...

this spreadsheet is v.important in palning such a hybrid swap - thanks wlee2
    ... retired/

Comment

r u going to take some good pics ?
      Farewell TYP88R

Comment

wheres the update on this tinkS!!!
        =))))
        Farewell TYP88R

Comment

oi man stop spammin my thread unless u wanna add something to my Spreadsheet!

neway tinks will update on his gearbox when he has time im sure you hear plenty from him about it =P
          Memorable quotes

Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Originally posted by tofuR
            wheres the update on this tinkS!!!
            =))))
            gotta get the carbon syncro set from the states, then i will start...

2 months maybe? it all costs money!
            ... retired/

Comment

and look for an upcoming "frankenstein gearbox" thread from me,

I got a abused ITR gearbox with LSD cheap as,

going to swap the Final Drive + LSD + 2nd & 3rd gears to make a ITR hybrid gearbox from my VTiR one...

this spreadsheet is v.important in palning such a hybrid swap - thanks wlee2
              LOL is that Cambo's box?
              Last edited by JCE; 19-08-06, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wlee2
                oi man stop spammin my thread unless u wanna add something to my Spreadsheet!
                relax
                if u wanna start pointing out spam
                -> Lounge
                Farewell TYP88R

Comment

Added in a tab for Fully Custom Built GEarboxes So that you can PLay around with the gear Ratios and Final Drives

All stock and aftermarket Additions to the rest of the gearboxes still use the Car make and type for referance..
                  Memorable quotes

Comment

can you add in the AUDM Accord Euro 6 speed gear ratios if you can find them?
                    ... retired/

Comment

does clutch and flywheel modification affect any of this?
                      almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

only the *abiltity* to reach the top speed, not the actual speed itself...
                        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                          only the *abiltity* to reach the top speed, not the actual speed itself...
                          please explain? and abiltity=ability?
                          almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

yes, *ability*

i think it is self explanatory, which bit do you need expansion regarding?
                            ... retired/

Comment

effect of clutch and flywheel on ability to reach top speed?

---------

first up, maybe correct any of my incorrect pre-conceptions...

1. the speedo indicates the speed of your car given your stock configuration of tyre side and gear ratios.

2. if you change your wheel/tyre size and/or your gear ratio by replacing such things as your final drive or your lsd, then your true speed is no longer the same as your indicated speed.

3. u can use this spreadsheet to tabulate your indicated speed against your approx true speed.

-----------------------

ok, so does your clutch and flywheel affect any of this like final drive and lsd would?

secondly, what do you mean by your ability to reach your top speed. your true top speed or your indicated top speed. because you would never be able to reach your indicate top speed if you increased your gear ratio with a final drive or lsd, right?
                              almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

Working...
                              X