X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clubITR logo design

Hey all,

Jingers grabbed me on MSN earlier and I've spent some time on a logo design for ClubITR today, despite my massive hangover lol.

It's rough, needs a little refinement, but I hope you like the idea.

www.jdmstyletuning.com

oh i love the red R thats awesome..

how long did it take for you to conjure that up?
    g
    [ BBU66Z ]
    g
    Girlfriend (sleeping in car): "just because i'm sleeping doesn't mean you can drive fast!"

Comment

That looks awesome Justin!

Comment

Took me a few hours, but I had a few other designs that were going to be way too whack... I love type, and tend to go a little crazy with it sometimes, to the point where you can't even read the end result!!!

Then I took a step back and did some research on the Type-R logo. The letter "I" and "T" are taken from Honda's "INTEGRA" and the "R" is a cropped and hacked verion of the DC5R "R" (more refined and aggressive than the old DC2R "R").

DC2R logotype.

DC5R logotype.
        www.jdmstyletuning.com

Comment

hey justin, also played around with the standard ITR font and got this, it's a bit ordinary though.. will play aorund with it more n see what I can get.
          http://www.soasiandvd.com.au

Comment

Nice attemp for initial design!

And it would be fine if the person looking at it already knows what it means.

But for the rest, it might look like "Club It 2".

Have you tried using the whole R? Could you do one and post it up here?

If i was to put the sticker on my car I wouldn't any mistunderstanding of me being a teeny booper clubber!

Elements I really like it the use of italiced thin letters then thick. But some how the transfer form the T to the R dosen't quite do it for me and I know it is the most tricky bit of the logo.
            Last edited by TeMp; 12-08-06, 01:52 PM.

Comment

the "club" bit shouldnt be so big imo.. the "ITR" is the main bit

what about something like this.. (this is a VERY rough prototype done in 1 minute in paint LOL)

you guys with more time and talent could make this good..

its just an idea..
              Attached Files

Comment

i like the first one. maybe the "club" could be thicker though or hollow
                almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

ok bugger, i did one myself.

but it looks too much of a rip off... lol...

Comment

what about any of these

Comment

lol now that i look at it again, looks prtety much the same as my first design LOL, nevermind!

theres a more text getting bigger gradual effect on this one though

Comment

i like the first design justin... simple and nice...
                        http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

I think using the "R" in whole is a little too un-imaginative and un-original. It's why I played with uniting the "T" and "R" to create something original and different and thus it also makes it less likely that other ITR clubs and fans all over the world would use/create the identical logo that we use by co-incidence.

Coming from 1st hand experience as a designer. It's never great to:

A) Design by committee (not everyone's opinions should weigh the same, be it the client's wife, secretary or personal friends).

or

B) Have too many chefs in the kitchen.

Many times you just have to delegate the job to one person or nothing ever gets done.

Having a voting system doesn't really work either as it's similar to "free pitching" which is frowned upon in my industry. (ie: a client says whoever does the best design gets the $, so in essence they get a lot of designs from many desigers for nothing and only pay the $ to one person).

Just something to chew on.
                          Last edited by justinfox; 12-08-06, 03:07 PM.
                          www.jdmstyletuning.com

Comment

agree about using the 'R' - everyone would do it... as i was saying to jing, i think my mock ups were pretty 'safe' but nothing creative or unique.

leave it to you jus!

Comment

yup i like justins design maybe something to make it more solid, very clean and simple!
                              en_ to eriku!

Comment

Working...
                              X